Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744008 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26460 on: May 02, 2022, 07:11:09 PM »

People who succeed in the entertainment industry have a huge responsibility to produce good stuff that has a positive influence on society, and when the USA first formed all of the plays were about bravery and valor and about virtues that they wanted for Americans to have.

And the Walt Disney Company has always been about good family values, it is a shame that the gays are trying to high-jack Disney. Disney is for the children, and for families, the gays in Florida need to back off.

Here in Anaheim our community consists of mostly poor Latino immigrants, and descendants of poor Latino immigrants, and we need for our community to come together with Disney, and we need for the young Latinos to dream about working for Disney instead of wanting to be gang members, etc. We need for Disney to connect with our community here in Anaheim, and our community here is not gay, our community consists of Latinos who are mostly Roman Catholics. We must not allow the gays to cause Disney to alienate families and to alienate Roman Catholic Latinos. 

Disney did a great new movie about Colombians that was successful, I have not seen it yet but I will, "Encanto," and that is the kind of good stuff that Disney needs to do, the Latinos here in Anaheim really connected with "Encanto."

Actors, producers, writers, studios, etc, all have a role to play in society, and people need to wield that power wisely.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26461 on: May 02, 2022, 07:18:41 PM »

Tony - any chance you get to see Paramount TV?  You would enjoy THE OFFER.  Surrounds Hollywood and the production of The Godfather.

Thanks. I loved "The Godfather" movies, and the whole thing in the first movie that started the war was that Corleone refused to allow the bad guys to sell heroin in New York.

I had a friend who was neighbors with Carlo Gambino in Long Island, and he said Carlo was a good man.

I do not have cable television right now, but I will check it out in the future when I am able.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26462 on: May 02, 2022, 08:32:51 PM »

Am paywall blocked but would guess that law there doesn't require firearms to be secured in home, or lacks a sufficient penalty to attain compliance.  The incident wouldn't have happened if the gun was stored in a gunsafe. 

Too lazy to do research?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/02/4-year-old-child-flown-to-hospital-after-being-shot-in-neighborhood-near-katy-sheriff-says/

If you can devise a law to overcome stupidity go for it.
But no one ever has and I am betting you cannot either.
That argument is precisely why we did away with seat belt laws and assured clear distance ahead laws! Cannot eliminate stupidity, no sense in trying to regulate it, right, liar?
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26463 on: May 02, 2022, 09:03:58 PM »

Am paywall blocked but would guess that law there doesn't require firearms to be secured in home, or lacks a sufficient penalty to attain compliance.  The incident wouldn't have happened if the gun was stored in a gunsafe. 

Too lazy to do research?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/02/4-year-old-child-flown-to-hospital-after-being-shot-in-neighborhood-near-katy-sheriff-says/

That argument is precisely why we did away with seat belt laws and assured clear distance ahead laws! Cannot eliminate stupidity, no sense in trying to regulate it, right, liar?
Wanna try that one again?
People die everyday in accidents by not wearing seatbelts or getting rear ended by drunk drivers even while wearing seatbelts.
No law prevents stupid people from being stupid.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26464 on: May 02, 2022, 09:17:07 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

Mandatory firearm insurance with lower premiums for those who go the extra mile to minimize risk.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26465 on: May 02, 2022, 09:19:59 PM »

The new ones need an economic base. Drugs and sex trafficking pay well.

You would have to compete with the Florida GOP who seem to have both markets cornered.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26466 on: May 02, 2022, 09:25:31 PM »

Mandatory homicide or felony assault charges for any adult who makes a gun accessible to a child which is then used in a shooting.  You can't stop stupidity (as your posts attest to on a daily basis) but you can lower some control rods down into stupidity.

But hey, let's just have THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS, right, Dickhead?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26467 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:42 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

Australia, England, and many other countries think your claim that "no one ever has" with regard to gun law stupidity is stupid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26468 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:06 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

The 2022 and 2024 elections are about to have their former paths disrupted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26469 on: May 02, 2022, 10:06:00 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

Australia, England, and many other countries think your claim that "no one ever has" with regard to gun law stupidity is stupid.
No one ever has nor ever will.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26470 on: May 02, 2022, 10:16:41 PM »

That is horse paste, shitbilly. You are lost.

Take your shit heel hell back home with you. It will get hot for you here if you keep trying to spread your damnation on to other people. You have been warned. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #26471 on: May 02, 2022, 10:19:49 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

People die everyday in accidents by not wearing seatbelts or getting rear ended by drunk drivers even while wearing seatbelts.
No law prevents bank robbery either. It penalizes it, and dissuades it. Like it would with gun safety, liar.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26472 on: May 02, 2022, 10:26:32 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

No law prevents bank robbery either. It penalizes it, and dissuades it. Like it would with gun safety, liar.
You seem mired in a rut of insignificance by clearing missing the original point.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26473 on: May 02, 2022, 10:28:18 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #26474 on: May 02, 2022, 10:33:40 PM »

Too lazy to do research?

You seem mired in a rut of insignificance by clearing missing the original point.
I get your point, liar. Your point is like your use of polls: something you ignore when it suits you.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 2919