Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744146 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26505 on: May 03, 2022, 05:35:06 PM »

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a general in China, we were just friends, but could you imagine if I would have married the daughter of a general in China?

My Brother married Roy Rogers and Dale Evans' Granddaughter, Kristen, and he is a Grandfather now, he is retired, and he lives on a lake in Missouri. Sometimes I get jealous of my Brother because he had a great life, and I have always been poor and alone. It always seemed like he had it so easy, while I always had a hard life. But, I wish him the best, and jealousy is not cool.

I think my rock star friend gave me good advice, to just focus on getting my movie made, and on getting my book published, etc, and he said that women love men in the entertainment industry, and it would be cool to find a wife in the industry who could help to write and produce and stuff with me, we will see. And I would love to find a wife who wants to go to the Oscars and to the Oscar parties and stuff with me.

My next step, as I have been talking about, is to just take the simple step of going to the film school for lunch, and I can check out the bulletin board, and the bookstore.

Meanwhile, I follow Mahlagha Jaberi on Facebook, she is beautiful and I love to watch her travel around the world, she is single, and she travels with her Mother and friends. She is one of my favorite people on Facebook.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:41:47 PM by FlyingVProd »

Holly Martins

« Reply #26506 on: May 03, 2022, 05:35:55 PM »

You have to know the history of the White Christian Evangelical rights decision to embrace abortion restrictions as their chief political issue.

They could sell it easier than racism.

This is decades long campaign to get what they really want. Legal resegregation of society.

While those on the political left contemplate nuance the political (fallen off the table, hit the floor and out the door) right implement fascism on a growing scale.

It is about race. It is always about race.

Who is in and who is out.

Achtung, bitches!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133

One of the most incisive articles ever posted here.  I had vaguely been aware that many segregationists had fled to private schools, but hadn't really put it all together or realized how overt those schools policies were.  Danke!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26507 on: May 03, 2022, 05:39:14 PM »

You have to know the history of the White Christian Evangelical rights decision to embrace abortion restrictions as their chief political issue.

This is decades long campaign to get what they really want. Legal resegregation of society.

While those on the political left contemplate nuance the political (fallen off the table, hit the floor and out the door) right implement fascism on a growing scale.

Achtung, bitches!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133

Republicans are crooks and savages, out of their fucking minds.

They will not get any better till they have had their dreams of power smacked out of them.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #26508 on: May 03, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a general in China, we were just friends, but could you imagine if I would have married the daughter of a general in China?

My Brother married Roy Rogers....

At that point in your post,  I was thinking it might be the most interesting thing you have ever posted here.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26509 on: May 03, 2022, 05:43:32 PM »

Achtung, bitches!

Wow

Good stuff

I have to check out the Carter book.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26510 on: May 03, 2022, 05:49:07 PM »

Ha ha ha.

Roy Rogers was a cool guy, I only met him a few times, but he was always nice to me.

I just wish he could have referred me to an agent to help me get a break in Hollywood after I went to school. But, he said that everyone he knew in the industry was retired. I did not want money from them or anything, but it would have been great to get a referral to an agent so that I could work and earn my own money.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26511 on: May 03, 2022, 06:23:10 PM »

A gun only increases the success rate of suicides, it is not a cause.

Because of the higher likelihood of success in killing oneself, the mere presence of the gun increases the number of people who attempt to kill themselves.
No it makes their decision easier to carry out.  It does not cause them to commit suicide.

You can deny the facts all you would like, Ward, but they are clear to everybody willing to look at the issue.

Having a gun in the house makes it easier to choose death and act on it.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26512 on: May 03, 2022, 06:27:56 PM »

The preferred method of suicide for women is pills, they overdose on pills.

Men use guns, but women prefer overdosing on pills.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26513 on: May 03, 2022, 06:29:11 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Unless guns are readily available in the house, Tony.

THAT's the underlying issue that Ward is trying to bury and which you are missing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26514 on: May 03, 2022, 06:55:27 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

THAT's the underlying issue that Ward is trying to bury and which you are missing.
Josh conflates the causes of suicide with the means.
He is totally at sea.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26515 on: May 03, 2022, 06:57:54 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/05/03/samuel-alitos-leaked-anti-abortion-decision-doesnt-plan-to-stop-at-roe/

Republicans have repudiated their own rights to privacy and peace.

Keep marching over republicans and into a better future.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26517 on: May 03, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »

A long time ago I trained on how to run a suicide prevention hot line, women tend to use pills, men tend to use guns, and you ask them if they are a Christian, if they are Christian it is possible to use their faith to help them through the crisis. People who have their suicide all planned out are the hardest, and you try to keep them on the phone while you send intervention to their location if you can.

It is hard, I have lost loved ones to suicide, and I hate it.

I have struggled with my own depression and hard times, but I am a Christian and God has always helped me through the hard times and I have faith, no matter how bad things are I always have faith that things will get better.

And it helps to focus on the beauty in the world, like the Bible says, instead of focusing on the bad things.

Here is what the Bible says...

Philippians 4:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.

Focusing on the beauty in the world helps to pull me out of a funk when I get depressed. And I try to take action to improve my situation so that I have a more cheerful situation, and I try to get away from negative people and associate with positive people.

And life has peaks and valleys,  good times and bad times, one day you are homeless and the next day you are living in a beach house in Malibu, you never know what great things the future has in store.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26518 on: May 03, 2022, 08:16:04 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

He is totally at sea.

The only thing most assuredly fatal than a gun is the high rise (including gorges, bridges, etc) leap.

Almost every thing else gives one a chance to survive and have their cries for help heard.

Just stop this.

It is unbecoming, even for you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26519 on: May 03, 2022, 08:39:04 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

He is totally at sea.

Ward refuses to accept evidence.

Not news.
Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2919