Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745134 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26850 on: May 12, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »

Bartlet: I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I had you here....Heres one thats really important, because weve got a lot of sports fans in this town. Touching the skin of a dead pig makes us unclean, Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother, Jon, for planting crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26852 on: May 12, 2022, 11:55:53 AM »

Sometimes I am ashamed of California, we have such wealth, while at the same time we have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone and we have such extreme poverty.

And the wealthy companies that are coming here to invest are just greedy corporations which do not care about helping the homeless or about maintaining a healthy community, heartless corporations are buying the housing and they are doubling the price of rent and they are not doing anything to help but instead they are just making it harder for people.

We need for people to have a sense of community instead of just being greedy, and we need to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor in California.

Instead of wanting to have a sense of community some people just want to build a high fence and hire police to protect them. They are selfish people who just want to be left alone and they hire cops to protect them and they do not do anything to help the community.

What will it take to make the rich people come out of their gate and engage with the poor? Are they comfortable with our streets being full of homeless people? I think it sucks to have homeless people on our sidewalks, it makes me sick to my stomach. The richest state in the richest country and our streets are full of homeless people.

We need to build housing, including in cheap areas like Battle Mountain, Nevada, where it only costs one thousand dollars per acre for land.

And we need to create jobs in California that pay enough for people to be able to afford to buy homes.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26853 on: May 12, 2022, 12:06:11 PM »

Guns are great...for self defence.
Every woman/female child over 10 in America in a wheelchair should carry one at all times.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26854 on: May 12, 2022, 12:06:52 PM »

Two laudable pieces of news reinforcing constitutional protections of fundamental rights.

A California law banning young adults from purchasing semi-automatic weapons has been struck down by a federal appeals court as unconstitutional, a big win for Second Amendment advocates in the state and defeat for Governor Gavin Newsom.
The suit had been brought by the Matthew Jones, a resident of San Diego who was 20 at the time, and the Firearms Policy Coalition after the California State Legislature passed SB 1100 in 2019, in response to the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Fla.
Writing for the majority, Judge Ryan D. Nelson stated that young adults have Second Amendment protections as persons who are part of a national community.The 100-page decision extensively examined the history of youth owning weapons, going back to the early days of English colonists in the United States, and extensively cited the Supreme Court landmark gun rights case, District of Columbia v. Heller. It reversed the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, which had upheld the law on initial challenge.

And the ACLU supports Free Speech, again.

After more than 400 lawsuits against his policies, countless full-page ads in national dailies attacking him, and fundraising over $300 million off this activity, the American Civil Liberties Union has come down on the side of Donald Trump, for once.
Yesterday, its executive director, Anthony Romero, joined in support of the Elon Musk  announcement that Trump would be unbanned from Twitter.
Like it or not, President Trump is one of the most important political figures in this country, and the public has a strong interest in hearing his speech.
he said.
What a relief.
In the  50s, its victories torpedoed the Smith Act, used to imprison communists under McCarthyism. In 68 two of its black attorneys defended segregationist Governor George Wallace right to speak at Shea Stadium in New York City. In 77, two of its Jewish attorneys, David Goldberger and Alan Dershowitz, defended neo-Nazis marching through Skokie, Ill., where Holocaust survivors lived. Its other clients over the years have included the Nation of Islam, the Ku Klux Klan, and the anti-American Westboro Baptist Church, among other such outfits. Even as late as 2010, it filed briefs supporting Citizens United in the eponymous Supreme Court case that recognized corporations rights to free speech. The sole guiding principle, in all cases, was the First Amendment.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26855 on: May 12, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »

Every woman/female child over 10 in America in a wheelchair should carry one at all times.

The band Rage Against the Machine wants to give guns to the homeless people. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles, what if we gave them all guns?

What will it take for all people to be created equal, and for everyone to be worthy of the basics such as food, and shelter, and health care?

That homeless person on the sidewalk is just as human as Governor Newsom.

And our movie studios are sending jobs to Canada, and to Georgia, and to everywhere but here. We need for our studios to create entertainment industry jobs here in California, we have great schools and we need to create good jobs here in California.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26856 on: May 12, 2022, 12:40:56 PM »

If the lifestyle of English colonists in the 1600s is so relevant to modern life and court rulings, then yes, we should allow young adults access to musket balls and smoothbore rifles that take 20 seconds to reload. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #26857 on: May 12, 2022, 12:42:47 PM »

Cool!  And all the folks in wheelchairs will have lots more company!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26858 on: May 12, 2022, 01:58:31 PM »

If the lifestyle of English colonists in the 1600s is so relevant to modern life and court rulings, then yes, we should allow young adults access to musket balls and smoothbore rifles that take 20 seconds to reload.
LOL!
WhOOOOOOOOsh!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26859 on: May 12, 2022, 02:52:34 PM »

Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word draw in my sleep. Then one day I was just walking down the street, when I heard a voice behind me say, Reach for it, mister! I spun around, and there I was face-to-face with a six-year-old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away...

Little bastard shot me in the ass!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26860 on: May 12, 2022, 02:59:48 PM »

Nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize

Yep!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26861 on: May 12, 2022, 03:24:50 PM »

It is unsurprising that neither Ward nor Kid had anything to say about the report from the Department of the Interior.

Slightly more surprising that Luee had no comment.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26862 on: May 12, 2022, 03:28:03 PM »

Rick Caruso is running for Mayor of Los Angeles on a platform built on helping the homeless, but helping the homeless should not be a political issue, and it should be happening right now with Garcetti. Garcetti is going to India now to be ambassador, and meanwhile we have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles and no sense of urgency. It would be urgent if it was happening to them but people are becoming cold and apathetic.

Christians are supposed to be helping the homeless and the poor but many Christians are fake now and are rich and live in expensive homes and own expensive cars, etc, instead of helping the poor.

We can build housing right now, and we can bring in all of the organizations to help, but instead people are fighting about bullshit and we cannot come together to get our people into housing. And we also need to come together to build our high speed trains. We need to come together for the good of all of us, instead of fighting over what divides us.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26863 on: May 12, 2022, 03:45:25 PM »

The way that I was raised was that I went to Mexico and helped the poor orphans, we did not build a wall like Trump thinks, but I was raised to go in and help the people.

For me money is a tool to make life better for people, it is all about we the people, and life is too short to waste it just on being greedy. And for me money is a tool to buy a home for your family and to feed your family. It is not just about being greedy to have money, for me money is a tool to make life better for people.

And I do not know how guys like Bill Gates can just send all of the jobs to China and watch Americans be homeless, and watch the children being raised to be violent little gang members. The rich people are ending up with a country where they do not feel safe because the community was completely neglected because of greed and corruption.

The neighborhood around Paramount Studios is horrible, and they just have a high fence, instead of trying to be a healthy part of the community. They could be a dream factory for the children, the children can all study film and acting, but instead they build a fence and send the jobs to Canada and to Georgia, and to other places. Paramount needs to create jobs right in the location where they are at, and they need to hire the people from that community who live there. The local people need to be able to get the jobs. And people need to be paid generously, so that they can have good comfortable lives, and money is there to make life better for people. Everyone loves a generous boss.

Disney, Paramount, etc, they all need to care about the communities here. Business is a way to improve life, we need for the companies to have a heart and to care about our communities.

And we the people need to come together to build housing and to build our high speed trains, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26864 on: May 12, 2022, 04:41:20 PM »

Of note, we need to bring back a respect for farming, and for farm jobs. Wine has glamour, but we need to have respect for all farm jobs. And it should not be considered punishment to have our new immigrants work in the fields as opposed to being on welfare, if a farm job is open then it should not be considered beneath them to work at a farm job. And many people like to get out there and play music while they are working in the fields, etc.

Instead of sending our new immigrants and refugees to inner cities, to violent places where people get murdered every weekend, we can send our new people to nice safe places in the country where they can have safe, peaceful lives, and where they can do farm work. Here in California we have Bakersfield, and Merced, and there are vineyards in Napa, etc, those are nice, safe areas where people can do farm jobs. In Battle Mountain, Nevada, they can raise cattle, and pigs, and they can have greenhouses where they can grow flowers to sell to San Francisco, etc, they can do trade with San Francisco.

As our new immigrants and refugees arrive, then we need to send them to peaceful rural areas where they can do farm work instead of squeezing them all into the inner cities where there are already problems.

We are going to have a lot of new people coming here from Ukraine, and from Russia, and from other places, and they need to be willing to do farm work. And we have the United Farm Workers union.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 2921