Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745128 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26865 on: May 12, 2022, 05:45:06 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26866 on: May 12, 2022, 06:19:51 PM »

You Dems ought be rooting for Oz in Tuesday's primary

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/12/politics/kfile-kathy-barnette-bigoted-statements/index.html

Yes, Dr. Oz would be easier to beat in some ways.

Kathy Barnette would be easier to beat in others, as this article makes clear.

They are both loons your party should be ashamed to have on the ballot, but Trump is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #26867 on: May 12, 2022, 06:26:30 PM »

It is unsurprising that neither Ward nor Kid had anything to say about the report from the Department of the Interior.

Slightly more surprising that Luee had no comment.

I witness the effects of cultural destruction and intergenerational trauma every day, here in Lakota country.  The city here is eleven percent indigenous, but more like seventeen percent if you include mixed ancestry (euro-indigenous).   I want to support more walkable areas in town, because indigenous people here have a strong culture about walking.  The spiritual power of walking places is something I wish more of the community would embrace.  There is no better time for adding Native perspectives on the land and our relationship to it to. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26868 on: May 12, 2022, 07:09:44 PM »

Walking is cool, I love to walk. And in Rome they all walk to the market instead of driving, and people go for strolls after dinner, the people in Rome love to walk. It can be dangerous here with mentally ill people on the streets, but it is getting better as the area embraces more ways to help the homeless and the mentally ill. And that is very cool about the Natives walking in nature, that is great.

When I am writing and I hit writer's block, I will get out and go for a walk, and while I am walking my ideas germinate, and when I get back home after my walk then I have a whole bunch of new ideas. Walking is great when you are trying to germinate ideas.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:13:24 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26869 on: May 12, 2022, 07:37:24 PM »

Chuck Schumer insisted on national legislation codifying Roe, even the parts democrats are uncertain about.
Abortion on demand until birth
Sure there was lip service to some caveats but the message was clear, find a creative enough doctor and a late-term abortion is yours.
So much for Schumer support for Clinton and safe, legal, and rare.
And what about parental notification laws?( polls find them overwhelmingly popular)
Nope, Schumer and his bill would wipe them all out along with giving doctors a chance to abstain from performing abortions if they have a moral objection.

Schumer in his idiotic world would install virtually unlimited abortion  which would make the USA more in line with China than anything in the West.
Even pro choice GOP Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski could  not stomach such a piece of shit.
They introduced their own bill. Yet  democrat reaction was telling: they shouted down the bill as too weak.
Schumer insists he exposed republicans  as fascist for opposing his monstrosity.
What will be remembered in November is the 49 democrats who bowed to leftist idiots because they are cowards.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:39:40 PM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26870 on: May 12, 2022, 08:11:15 PM »

Sen. Elizabeth Warren oddly claimed that a minority of senators blocked passage of an abortion bill despite a majority of senators voting  to block it.

I believe in democracy, and I don't believe that the minority should have the ability to block things that the majority want to do. That's not in the Constitution!

Harumph! harumph!

What a ditz.

The vote on the abortion bill was 51 AGAINST out of 100 votes.

Under Senate Rules with the backing of the Constitution, parlimentary procedure, Roberts Rules of Order, and the Boy Scout Guide to Camping, 51-49 is a majority. 
The fact the Senate also has a Constitution backed filibuster is irrelevant to her complaint.

Warren wants to be President someday.
God help us.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:35:59 PM by Espnthree »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26871 on: May 12, 2022, 08:17:52 PM »

Too, toooooo old
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26872 on: May 12, 2022, 08:36:48 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26873 on: May 12, 2022, 08:41:09 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26874 on: May 12, 2022, 08:50:52 PM »

If you kill a pregnant woman then you are charged with the death of 2 people, the unborn baby and the mother. The law considers the unborn baby to be a person and you are charged with murder for killing that unborn baby as well as being charged with the murder of the mother.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26875 on: May 12, 2022, 08:57:19 PM »

A financial expert in Vietnam asked for our thoughts on how to take Vietnam to the next level and to make Vietnam wealthy, so I told him that Vietnam needs labor unions which are independent of the government to transfer wealth and power from the government to the people, as was the case with Poland and Lech Walesa and Solidarity. I told him that China needs to do the same thing, China needs labor unions to transfer the wealth and power to the people, and they need fair pay, improved working conditions, better human rights, more freedom, etc.

And I told them that the unions have helped in the USA too and that is why we have a fantastic Middle Class. I recommend labor unions globally.

We will see what the financial experts in Vietnam think about my response.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26876 on: May 12, 2022, 09:02:15 PM »

They might - if they didnt think you might kill it

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26877 on: May 12, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26878 on: May 12, 2022, 09:06:14 PM »

Of note, we need to bring back a respect for farming, and for farm jobs. Wine has glamour, but we need to have respect for all farm jobs. And it should not be considered punishment to have our new immigrants work in the fields as opposed to being on welfare, if a farm job is open then it should not be considered beneath them to work at a farm job. And many people like to get out there and play music while they are working in the fields, etc.

Instead of sending our new immigrants and refugees to inner cities, to violent places where people get murdered every weekend, we can send our new people to nice safe places in the country where they can have safe, peaceful lives, and where they can do farm work. Here in California we have Bakersfield, and Merced, and there are vineyards in Napa, etc, those are nice, safe areas where people can do farm jobs. In Battle Mountain, Nevada, they can raise cattle, and pigs, and they can have greenhouses where they can grow flowers to sell to San Francisco, etc, they can do trade with San Francisco.

As our new immigrants and refugees arrive, then we need to send them to peaceful rural areas where they can do farm work instead of squeezing them all into the inner cities where there are already problems.

We are going to have a lot of new people coming here from Ukraine, and from Russia, and from other places, and they need to be willing to do farm work. And we have the United Farm Workers union.

Salute,

Tony V.

You are not the first one to advocate sending legal immigrants to certain places as a condition of entry/residency.
In bambuworld such suggestions are met with "racist", "discrimination" etc.
Often not enough people to pick the fruit crops etc in bambuland, so people from the Pacific Islands enter on legal work visas, earn good money, then return home until the next season.
System works well.

Illegal immigrants and visas overstayers are not welcome.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26879 on: May 12, 2022, 09:08:36 PM »

If you kill a pregnant woman then you are charged with the death of 2 people, the unborn baby and the mother. The law considers the unborn baby to be a person and you are charged with murder for killing that unborn baby as well as being charged with the murder of the mother.

Salute,

Tony V.

Not in a lot of states, Tony.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx
Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 2921