Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745472 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26940 on: May 14, 2022, 05:33:03 PM »

Meanwhile, as the GOP nationally continues to ignore the climate and pretends that problems are local when they're really national, Texas is once again suffering from a shortage of power, the Colorado "River" is getting worse every day, Lake Mead's at record low, and the western drought is spawning all kinds of spin-off issues.

we need to save the water for drinking and for watering lawns,

You need to stop watering your lawns.

In Los Angeles they cut back to watering their lawns 2 days per week. In Orange County we can still water our lawns. And in Vegas they water their lawns and they need to have water for swimming pools, etc, it is hot in the summer in Vegas and you need to have a nice swimming pool. We need to get creative in solving our water issues, like the Romans.

In Los Angeles a long time ago it looked like the end of massive growth because of a lack of water in Los Angeles, so then they solved the problem by building the aqueduct, etc, and we created several new lakes, etc. We can keep creating new lakes, and we can build more aqueducts, and we can have pipes running water to areas where water in needed, etc. And we can build more dams like Hoover Dam. We need to get creative and we need to solve our water issues. We need the water, and it is worth the effort so that we can water our lawns, and so we can have swimming pools, etc. We love to turn the desert green with grass and plants. It is worth the effort to get creative on solving our water issues, and we also need to account for future growth.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26941 on: May 14, 2022, 05:38:51 PM »

If we send people to college for free to become doctors, then we can take the high cost of an education out of the mix, and we can get doctors who are becoming doctors in order to help people instead of being a doctor for the money. We do not want for our doctors to be motivated by money, we want doctors who are motivated by the desire to help other people. We need to train our doctors for free, and then they will not have to accrue high debt and then they will not be money motivated.

Tell me again why you support the GOP, which is opposed to almost everything you say.

I loved Ronald Reagan, and I even saw him speak live at Edwards when the first Space Shuttle landed. Reagan made all of our immigrants legal so that they could all join labor unions, and so that they could all call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And then Reagan improved the whole world economy. My hometown was rich from building the Space Shuttles and other things, we built secret aircraft and stuff, and we tested everything in the desert, when I was a kid my hometown was like a resort. Everything was great when Reagan was President. And Reagan was head of SAG, and he supported unions, and he was an actor, Reagan was great. And Reagan was a Cowboy like my family was. And even the Democrats voted for Reagan.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26942 on: May 14, 2022, 05:47:04 PM »

Meanwhile, as the GOP nationally continues to ignore the climate and pretends that problems are local when they're really national, Texas is once again suffering from a shortage of power, the Colorado "River" is getting worse every day, Lake Mead's at record low, and the western drought is spawning all kinds of spin-off issues.

My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26943 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:53 PM »

If we send people to college for free to become doctors, then we can take the high cost of an education out of the mix, and we can get doctors who are becoming doctors in order to help people instead of being a doctor for the money. We do not want for our doctors to be motivated by money, we want doctors who are motivated by the desire to help other people. We need to train our doctors for free, and then they will not have to accrue high debt and then they will not be money motivated.

Tell me again why you support the GOP, which is opposed to almost everything you say.

I loved Ronald Reagan, and I even saw him speak live at Edwards when the first Space Shuttle landed. Reagan made all of our immigrants legal so that they could all join labor unions, and so that they could all call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And then Reagan improved the whole world economy. My hometown was rich from building the Space Shuttles and other things, we built secret aircraft and stuff, and we tested everything in the desert, when I was a kid my hometown was like a resort. Everything was great when Reagan was President. And Reagan was head of SAG, and he supported unions, and he was an actor, Reagan was great. And Reagan was a Cowboy like my family was. And even the Democrats voted for Reagan.

Reagan today would be derided as a RINO, for all that they pay lip service to revering him.

And no, not everything was great when he was president.

And he was not responsible for the building of the shuttles - that goes to Nixon and, to a lesser extent, Carter. I suspect that was true of the secret aircraft, too.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26944 on: May 14, 2022, 07:30:06 PM »

Hahaha

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26945 on: May 14, 2022, 07:55:42 PM »

Hahaha
Reagan greatness will haunt democrats forever.
Obama acknowledged as such.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26946 on: May 14, 2022, 08:12:47 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Reagan kicked off his 1980 campaign in Philadelphia, MS in the town where Cheney, Schwerner and Goodman were murdered by the police in 1964.

Reagan popularized the stereotype of the Welfare Queen and government IS the problem.

Iran-Contra, etc.

St. Ronnie! Acted like an actor and sold you suckers a bill of goods.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26947 on: May 14, 2022, 08:19:07 PM »

RAHOWA!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26948 on: May 14, 2022, 08:25:34 PM »

California should spend the surplus money on food, shelter, water, and healthcare.

Food, water, healthcare, and shelter, can be provided for all people, and then people can reach for higher aspirations on Maslow's hierarchy of human needs. Give them food and shelter and let them rise to become inventors, scientists, doctors, and engineers.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26949 on: May 14, 2022, 08:42:17 PM »

Taking over some beach estates and turning them into desalination plants would be welcomed by everyone who matters.

Reagan is the reason none of the republicans in congress today can read. His attack on the American family continues unabated to this day.

Reagan was a spineless jellyfish easily manipulated by charlatans and hoods.

Reagan was a sad clown. Papi was a crooked clown. Shrub was a stupid clown. Trump was a diseased clown. In each case, the shoes fit.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26950 on: May 14, 2022, 09:00:45 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #26951 on: May 14, 2022, 09:08:13 PM »

My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

Unless you built a cistern, it's not just YOUR supply of water, so you and everyone else have to conserve when the reservoirs drop.  Funny, conservatives out here in drought country mostly seem able to grasp that.  And the water that grows food gets priority over the water that grows lawns.  One would think the reason is obvious.   But you never know, with sea lions.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26952 on: May 14, 2022, 09:22:48 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/buffalo-supermarket-mass-shooting-leaves-7-dead-law-enforcement-source-rcna28883

10 dead, at this point.

Racially motivated. Seeking to combat "replacement," he explained - he live-streamed the whole thing.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26953 on: May 14, 2022, 09:30:14 PM »

My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

Unless you built a cistern, it's not just YOUR supply of water, so you and everyone else have to conserve when the reservoirs drop.  Funny, conservatives out here in drought country mostly seem able to grasp that.  And the water that grows food gets priority over the water that grows lawns.  One would think the reason is obvious.   But you never know, with sea lions.
I buy my water so yes it s s mine.
I Use what I need
I buy my grass and pay my property taxes.
It is my land to maintain
I suggest you get a clue.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26954 on: May 14, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »

The hippies can raise goats in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they can make Goat Cheese, and they can sell the Goat Cheese to the people of San Francisco.

Where I live the market sells Goat Cheese, and people make tamales with Mexican Goat Cheese, etc.

https://www.northgatemarket.com/

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 2921