Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745773 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27030 on: May 16, 2022, 10:42:48 PM »

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/i-criticized-blm-then-i-was-fired?s=r

Kid, you and Ward are proof that people are not convinced by facts, the vast majority of the time.

I am sorry that he had that experience and I wish Thomas-Reuters was better about that, but being fired for going against the grain of your employer, whether a rationalist organization or not is pretty much par for the course.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: May 16, 2022, 11:06:48 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:54:31 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: May 16, 2022, 11:32:42 PM »

So CNN is for Barnette -yeah that makes sense

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/16/politics/fact-check-barnette-blm-defund-the-police-mccormick/index.html

Yeah, you continue to fail the "facts change my mind" test.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: May 16, 2022, 11:32:56 PM »

My friend Tom believed that the poor homeless people should eat Steak and Lobster, so when Vons had Lobster for 5 dollars per pound my Buddy would feed the homeless people Steak and Lobster. He was a favorite homeless shelter manager among the people. He was a cool guy.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: May 16, 2022, 11:34:50 PM »

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/i-refuse-to-stand-by-while-my-students?s=r

He teaches at an Episcopal Church school and "refuses to stand by while his students are indoctrinated."

Hahahahahahahahaha!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27037 on: May 16, 2022, 11:50:30 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: May 17, 2022, 12:18:51 AM »

Bambu, you are going to love the new Orianthi album. She is from Australia. She rocks, I hope that Orianthi plays at the work camps when they build the high speed trains, and new bridges, etc. Orianthi can play for the workers.

https://youtu.be/oxxJ8qU8rrw

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27039 on: May 17, 2022, 08:34:00 AM »

Kid, you and Ward are proof that people are not convinced by facts, the vast majority of the time.

I am sorry that he had that experience and I wish Thomas-Reuters was better about that, but being fired for going against the grain of your employer, whether a rationalist organization or not is pretty much par for the course.

Sure bro

Yeah I dont care much that he got fired.  Just calling out the process.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: May 17, 2022, 09:04:06 AM »

In. Pa tonight

https://barnetteforsenate.com/about/

Gonna be epic.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27041 on: May 17, 2022, 09:48:36 AM »

Funny that Kid didn't mention the psychiatric evaluation that had been ordered months before the Buffalo shooter was able to purchase a new rifle.  He had made threats against his high school.  And was able to buy a gun.

Yes.  And some still knew of his plans.  (Prosecute the parents?  Yep)

Letitia James and Kathy Hochul run this show in NY that allowed the gun purchase.

Sad duo.

The large magazine used on the assault rifle was purchased in another state.  They're illegal in NY State.  And as Larry noted, NY laws are crafted by a legislature. 

The problem with not digging for facts is it results in shallow analysis. 

One reason federal law matters in gun control is that bad actors often own cars.  So a patchwork of different laws in different states allows them to obtain mass killing equipment.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27042 on: May 17, 2022, 09:55:27 AM »

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1525974474234990594?s=20&t=ye6lTnZdjKzg3A14-8dhPg&fbclid=IwAR2tlMH6jyWoGjZ-musfuBzGC7I4WVR1xvuAVI_TgqFZ4Qc4e_pwSPsZAXM

Fox announcer tries to blame the mass shooting by the self-avowed white supremacist on video games.

Also interesting is that an 18 year old white shooter tends to be called a teenager while an 18 year old PoC shooter is just categorized as young.  Anyone else notice this in the past years?  I suggest the "teenager" is to provide a soft extra layer of explanation which references the emotional turbulence of teen years.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27043 on: May 17, 2022, 10:14:26 AM »

Sure bro

Yeah I dont care much that he got fired.  Just calling out the process.

I object to him being fired.  If Reuters won't publish a controversial statistical analysis, how can people like me (who have used stats in our work) fairly assess what he is concluding?  It's possible he has some valid points but how would Reuters readers have been able to consider them.  I'm still a free speech nut, son of journalists, and Independent who thinks we should let both the warthogs and the thoroughbreds up on the stage no matter how we feel about their opinions.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27044 on: May 17, 2022, 10:17:36 AM »

News Item

Elon Musk, who said he has voted overwhelmingly for Democrats, slammed the Democratic Party and President Biden in particular. He suggested that Biden is something of an empty suit.

The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter, the Tesla CEO said. The path to power is the path to the teleprompter.

The rest of the country seems to agree.
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 2921