Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1808 1809 [1810] 1811 1812 ... 2922

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 746046 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27135 on: May 19, 2022, 01:07:26 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-introducing-babies-need-more-formula-now-act-address-shortage

Lets go, baby.

Let's go!

Interesting that Stefanik "introduces" a legislative bill on Wednesday which is basically what Biden ordered on Monday and announced to media that day.  Seems like a cheap and dishonest attempt to score political points, and shame on Fox for failing to note Biden's action two days earlier.

nah - this is different

Stefanik says she alerted FDA about 6 months ago and got no response
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27136 on: May 19, 2022, 01:10:06 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/politics/house-vote-domestic-terrorism-bill-buffalo-shooting/index.html

Likely that the GOP will try to torpedo this, as they (a) hate admitting that things like the Buffalo shooting are domestic terrorism and (b) prefer thoughts and prayers over action and they value gun ownership over children's lives. (They also pretend to value fetuses over children.)

Please note that law already on the books in New York was enacted to stop such tragedies.

In 2019, New York enacted an extreme risk prevention law, otherwise known as a red flag law, that can bar individuals who present an immediate danger to themselves or others from possessing firearms. The Buffalo shooter did not have a previous criminal record, but he had made serious threats of violence that were brought to the attention of police.

The Buffalo attacker was required to undergo a psychological evaluation at age 17, after allegedly saying he wanted to commit murder suicide at his high school.
No action was taken by law enforcement following the evaluation, so there was nothing in the attacker s record to prevent him from passing a background check to buy a firearm.

VOX

Yes

Like I said - Hochul and James are ultimately responsible for whoever dropped the ball.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27137 on: May 19, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27138 on: May 19, 2022, 01:29:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/18/politics/house-vote-domestic-terrorism-bill-buffalo-shooting/index.html

Likely that the GOP will try to torpedo this, as they (a) hate admitting that things like the Buffalo shooting are domestic terrorism and (b) prefer thoughts and prayers over action and they value gun ownership over children's lives. (They also pretend to value fetuses over children.)

Please note that law already on the books in New York was enacted to stop such tragedies.

In 2019, New York enacted an extreme risk prevention law, otherwise known as a red flag law, that can bar individuals who present an immediate danger to themselves or others from possessing firearms. The Buffalo shooter did not have a previous criminal record, but he had made serious threats of violence that were brought to the attention of police.

The Buffalo attacker was required to undergo a psychological evaluation at age 17, after allegedly saying he wanted to commit murder suicide at his high school.
No action was taken by law enforcement following the evaluation, so there was nothing in the attacker s record to prevent him from passing a background check to buy a firearm.

VOX

Yes

Like I said - Hochul and James are ultimately responsible for whoever dropped the ball.

You still don't get it (or you refuse to admit it).

Nobody "dropped the ball," in the sense of failing to do what they were supposed to do.

There is a standard. It was followed.

There are criteria to be met to restrict gun acquisition. Those criteria were not met.

Was the evaluation flawed, a year ago?

Damned hard to know.

I can tell you that (a) our mental health care system is badly broken, (b) the evaluation process for mental health is such that any reasonably bright, yet suicidal person can fool the professionals the vast majority of the time.

This is not from studies, but from having observed it on multiple occasions with multiple adolescents and young adults.

The main reason they choose to pull the wool over the mental health evaluators is that there is nothing in our institutions that addresses the patients' needs. Nothing.

And they walk out more despondent and despairing than when they went in.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27139 on: May 19, 2022, 01:39:15 PM »

It is time for Cannes again, I wish I was there. They opened with a speech from the President of Ukraine.

I attended the Cannes Film Festival in 2000,  I took copies of my movie script with me and I was trying to meet new people in order to get my movie made. I had fun, but I did not make any new connections like I wanted to, it was supposed to be a business trip. The film that won the Palme d Ore that year was "Dancer in the Dark" starring Bjork.

I had fun, I just wished I could have met someone to help to get my movie made.

I stayed at the Corona Hotel the first night, and it is an old charming hotel, but the water did not drain well in the shower. The second and third nights I stayed at the Hotel Mondial, it is a newer, cheap hotel, it is now owned by Best Western, and it is nice, I had a view of the Mediterranean Sea from my balcony. But, if I was rich or if a movie studio was paying for it, then I would stay at the Ritz in Cannes, it is a beautiful hotel.

https://www.carlton-cannes.com/en/

My dream is to premier my film at Cannes when I get my movie made. It would be great.

And I would go to Cannes every year if I could.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27140 on: May 19, 2022, 01:39:28 PM »

Thoughts on Trump's telling Oz to "just declare victory" in PA, with a race that is less than a tenth of a percent of votes between 1st and 2nd place before absentee ballots are counted?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27141 on: May 19, 2022, 01:47:01 PM »

VOX

Yes

You still don't get it (or you refuse to admit it).

Nobody "dropped the ball," in the sense of failing to do what they were supposed to do.

There is a standard. It was followed.

There are criteria to be met to restrict gun acquisition. Those criteria were not met.

Was the evaluation flawed, a year ago?

Damned hard to know.

I can tell you that (a) our mental health care system is badly broken, (b) the evaluation process for mental health is such that any reasonably bright, yet suicidal person can fool the professionals the vast majority of the time.

This is not from studies, but from having observed it on multiple occasions with multiple adolescents and young adults.

The main reason they choose to pull the wool over the mental health evaluators is that there is nothing in our institutions that addresses the patients' needs. Nothing.

And they walk out more despondent and despairing than when they went in.
Well at least we know yet another gun law is not needed.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27142 on: May 19, 2022, 01:52:05 PM »

Trump needs to just retire and he needs to just live out his days in peace and quiet and he can enjoy his kids and grandkids, etc.

Trump did enough service for our country, and we do not need him anymore. He needs to know when to let go, and when to just retire.

He did a few good things, he did a few bad things, and then the Jan 6th thing was stupid, we do not need any repeats of Trump's bad side.

In the future, I would recommend that they take the time to count the votes before they declare winners, we do not like it when they declare the winners before they count the votes.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:54:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27143 on: May 19, 2022, 02:57:01 PM »

God created all people and we all have human rights given to us by God.

I recommend the book "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers for all people to read, one needs to become a person who is worthy of all of the good human rights that all people are worthy of.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27144 on: May 19, 2022, 03:57:51 PM »

News Item

Biden Approval rating now 33 per cent, lowest of his presidency.

Broken down by party affiliation, 76% of Democrats indicated they approve of the president compared to 12% who disapprove. Republicans are overwhelmingly negative about Biden  with 94% indicating they do not approve of his  job performance compared to 3% who approve. Independents also indicated disapproval of with 56% saying they disapprove compared to 26% who like how Biden is doing.
And Hispanic support is in a free fall, now at just 26 percent,less than half of what it was a year ago
Quinnipac
Maybe will Biden will close the border now?
LOL!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27145 on: May 19, 2022, 04:09:15 PM »

News Item

Biden Approval rating now 33 per cent, lowest of his presidency.

Broken down by party affiliation, 76% of Democrats indicated they approve of the president compared to 12% who disapprove. Republicans are overwhelmingly negative about Biden  with 94% indicating they do not approve of his  job performance compared to 3% who approve. Independents also indicated disapproval of with 56% saying they disapprove compared to 26% who like how Biden is doing.
And Hispanic support is in a free fall, now at just 26 percent,less than half of what it was a year ago
Quinnipac
Maybe will Biden will close the border now?
LOL!

ROFL
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27146 on: May 19, 2022, 04:15:40 PM »

Here we go, you all!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/barry-loudermilk-capitol-tour-january-6/index.html

My Republican colleagues and I will not sit by while Democrats accuse their colleagues of treason for political gain. This type of conduct must not be tolerated, he wrote, urging the House Ethics Committee to take quick and decisive action to ensure this never happens again.

A spokesperson for the House Ethics Committee declined to comment on the status of the Loudermilk ethics complaint.

While Democrats making the accusations have yet to provide additional evidence to back up the claims, they have also refused to back away from the accusation.

According the letter, the committee has obtained evidence that contradicts previous GOP denials that any tours took place in the days before January 6, 2021 - raising questions about the one given by Loudermilk and its purpose.

GOP Balls in a vise?

GOP tit in the wringer?

Stay tuned!

The show is just getting started.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:22:50 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #27147 on: May 19, 2022, 04:46:22 PM »

Thoughts on Trump's telling Oz to "just declare victory" in PA, with a race that is less than a tenth of a percent of votes between 1st and 2nd place before absentee ballots are counted?

Anti-democratic.  And McCormick, who sounds like he was a moderate GOP and less of a freakshow than Ozymandias, will look even more like the grownup in the room. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #27148 on: May 19, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-introducing-babies-need-more-formula-now-act-address-shortage

Lets go, baby.

Let's go!

Interesting that Stefanik "introduces" a legislative bill on Wednesday which is basically what Biden ordered on Monday and announced to media that day.  Seems like a cheap and dishonest attempt to score political points, and shame on Fox for failing to note Biden's action two days earlier.

nah - this is different

Stefanik says she alerted FDA about 6 months ago and got no response

First I've heard about it.   Hm.

And still doesn't change the implied false imputation that Biden hadn't acted already.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27149 on: May 19, 2022, 04:51:27 PM »

Yes

So now we're holding politicians responsible for everything that happens on their watch?  Wow, you have a busy time ahead in the Trump thread!
Pages: 1 ... 1808 1809 [1810] 1811 1812 ... 2922