Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748955 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27390 on: May 26, 2022, 05:07:11 AM »

Ex-mayor, who has resigned. The DA may share a different interpretation of events. We shall see.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #27391 on: May 26, 2022, 09:35:04 AM »

Powerful art, Josh.  From a series by a Cuban photographer and Brazilian artist, shock images on child exploitation around the world.

I think they should allow as many guns as possible at the NRA convention.  There might be a bad guy at the podium the good guys with guns need to deal with.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27392 on: May 26, 2022, 01:07:16 PM »

Hearing that when Harris heard of the shooting she said, "was he white?"

Until you have a citation, what you have is gossip, Kid.

Still waiting to learn from whom you heard it, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27393 on: May 26, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »

https://abc13.com/uvalde-texas-robb-elementary-school-active-shooter-district-lockdown/11889693/

14 students and one teacher killed. 15 or more others hospitalized for treatment.

Biden should have focused on thoughts and prayers  in his speech  to the nation.
Instead he embarrassed himself and his party.

Thom Tillis is embarrassing his country, but Ward is still concerned about parties, not children.

The Wall Street Journal is embarrassing their country, but Ward is still concerned about parties, not children.

Herschel Walker is embarrassing his country, but Ward is still concerned about scoring points, not about children.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27394 on: May 26, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »

I posted this on May 23rd.

The GOP still is saying it today.

The Wall Street Journal is saying it today.

Kid is staying it today.

Ward is saying it today.

They will all keep saying it until the country is ready to throw them out. Then they will pay lip service to whatever they think will keep them/put them in power.

But they will still be thinking it and trying to act on it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27395 on: May 26, 2022, 03:30:50 PM »

I have never really had a problem with snobs, because I had friends who were the richest people, my friend Lisa was very rich and she owned 10 houses where she helped the homeless. And I worked for Suzanne Pleshette in Hollywood, when Suzanne was my boss then the snobs had no power over me. All of the coolest people were my friends, so it did not matter what the snobs thought.

And Orange County is pretty good, we really do not have that many people who are snobs. In Newport we have people who love boats, and in Laguna and Huntington we have surfers, Costa Mesa has Opera and an upscale mall, Anaheim is all about Disney and the Angels and the Ducks and concerts, the best for affordable housing would be Santa Ana, we have pretty cool people in the OC. We need to open a new movie studio in Anaheim, and show business people are cool people, I love show business people, and we need to retain the people as they graduate from Dodge film school and from USC film school and the actors from the AADA.

I am seeing progress on the issue of helping the homeless. The Wellness Center in Orange is a huge success and more will open. Kiwanis is a huge force for good in the OC, and they are doing a lot to help people. I just wish that Gene Autry was still alive.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 03:33:10 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27396 on: May 26, 2022, 03:41:23 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27397 on: May 26, 2022, 04:01:30 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27398 on: May 26, 2022, 04:44:46 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27399 on: May 26, 2022, 05:07:06 PM »

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

Salute,

Tony V.

We need voters to replace the Republicans.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27401 on: May 26, 2022, 05:10:15 PM »

Good point.

It's not (only) greed. It's practicality.

How many church services are there in Texas on a Sunday morning? How many entrances? How many vantage points for a shooter?

How many football games are there on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon in Texas, with how many fans at them? How easily covered are those games by security?

How many playgrounds, pools, and lakes are there that are open in the summer?

How many clubs, movies, plays, concerts, etc. at the professional, amateur, and high school levels?

1600+ high school football games every weekend for 17 weeks. Average attendance is over 1000 per game. At least one game pulled 43,000+.

There is not enough security available - it's not the money, it is the range of venues and the number of them and how scattered they are.

This could have been a mall as easily as a school, with more deaths.

Bambu keeps talking about absolute security, but it remains a myth.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27402 on: May 26, 2022, 05:14:03 PM »

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/2022/nra-texas-donations/

Between Cornyn, Sessions, and Cruz, they took in more than a million dollars of NRA money.

Their thoughts and prayers may be with the families and the town, but their votes are with the guns.

p.s. There is one TX democrat on the list of recipients, Cuellar. He should give the money back - there is not that much of it - and swear off ever taking it again.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27403 on: May 26, 2022, 05:48:04 PM »

Last day of school:

(The image is from a group of caskets being donated to Ulvane.)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27404 on: May 26, 2022, 05:52:14 PM »

Arm the teachers!

(Just don't let them make the curriculum.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 06:00:30 PM by josh »
Pages: 1 ... 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 ... 2923