Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749096 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27450 on: May 27, 2022, 12:44:17 PM »

Since we know you are a proven liar, and since the news reports ................and the comments by the police indicate that the shooter was confronted by an armed resource officer................................., and since Repos blocked even voting on HB 8, your soir e for all this or it is more of your lying bullshit you sick CPH.

This has since been amended.  The shooter was not confronted.
So you are saying the cops lied.  No. Really.

But the lying CPH said there was no security on duty. Are you saying the cops also created the resource officer out of whole cloth?

I am saying nobody shot at this kid or was shot at by this kid  prior to his entering the school.   Barton had previously used that there WAS a confrontation - brushed aside by the kid - to show that such deterrence is negligible - and was of course incorrect.

I hadn't thought that the confrontation included shooting, either in the false statement by officials or Barton's recapitulation of it. I could be mistaken.

In the current version of the timeline, the police were on site four minutes after the shooter entered the building, but their initial approach to the classroom was rebuffed by his shooting.

The questions about what happened after that are going to be hard and harsh and should be - they had just been through additional training days before.

OTOH, it is also unclear how many additional lives were lost by their delay, as the reports indicate most of his victims were shot at the outset. (For any who were shot much after that, though, the police in question will bear some of the blame.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27451 on: May 27, 2022, 12:46:00 PM »

Per the Houston Chronicle a few minutes ago:

Texas DPS official admits Uvalde response was
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #27452 on: May 27, 2022, 01:10:46 PM »

Since we know you are a proven liar, and since the news reports ................and the comments by the police indicate that the shooter was confronted by an armed resource officer................................., and since Repos blocked even voting on HB 8, your soir e for all this or it is more of your lying bullshit you sick CPH.

This has since been amended.  The shooter was not confronted.
So you are saying the cops lied.  No. Really.

But the lying CPH said there was no security on duty. Are you saying the cops also created the resource officer out of whole cloth?

I am saying nobody shot at this kid or was shot at by this kid  prior to his entering the school.   Barton had previously used that there WAS a confrontation - brushed aside by the kid - to show that such deterrence is negligible - and was of course incorrect.

And, something like 24 hours ago, I noted the updated information and adjusted my view of what happened accordingly.  You ignored that later comment from me.  Try to keep up.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27453 on: May 27, 2022, 01:23:55 PM »

If someone could reach the site owner, it really would help to be able to quote blocks of text from paywall-blocked news articles, without us having to go through them editing out all the quote marks, long dashes, apostrophes, etc.  Is there any chance they could get an upgrade of our ancient (2017 version of Simple Machines) software?  I would gladly chip in, monetarily. 

Anyway, I liked Michelle Cottle's comments on how people view things inside the gun bubble.  But no time atm to get pull quotes out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/opinion/nra-trump-texas-guns.html

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27454 on: May 27, 2022, 02:51:04 PM »

There is an annual Scottish gathering in the OC this weekend...

https://www.scottishfest.com/

I had a neighbor years ago who went to all of the Scottish activities, some people really enjoy that kind of stuff.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27455 on: May 27, 2022, 03:00:21 PM »

I had a neighbor years ago who went to all of the Scottish activities, some people really enjoy that kind of stuff.

Salute,

Tony V.
You should sign up to be a caber catcher.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27456 on: May 27, 2022, 03:27:48 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I have never been to the Scottish festival, I had to do a search to find out what a caber is. I would love to go, and it would be  a good place to take a woman on a date, if only such an option presented itself. Maybe I will go next year.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27457 on: May 27, 2022, 04:07:14 PM »

Loeb & Loeb LLP

52 minutes

We are thrilled to announce that Jason Lilien, co-chair of our Nonprofits & Tax-Exempt Organizations practice, recently participated in the PENCIL Principal For A Day program at the High School for Law and Public Service in #NYC! Jason had a day as principal, which occurred on May 19, consisted of shadowing the principal of the school and speaking to and connecting with students and teachers. #PFAD2022

Read more here: https://bit.ly/3MXwasn

-----------

Loeb and Loeb is my choice as a good law firm to represent the people if we ever need a good law firm, such as for the Citizens of Anaheim, or in order to force the schools to improve security, etc.

I first hooked up with Loeb and Loeb via an attorney who worked for Columbia Pictures, he hooked me up with Robert Redford's entertainment attorney for my production company, she has since retired, but Loeb and Loeb has grown and expanded.

It is great that Loeb and Loeb is helping the children, and Loeb and Loeb is a great law firm if we the people need help.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27458 on: May 27, 2022, 04:35:29 PM »

This is a test, as well as a post of what I meant to have put up.

Per the Houston Chronicle a few minutes ago:

Texas DPS official admits Uvalde response was 'wrong decision,' officers should have entered earlier

A Texas DPS official admitted Friday that the decision of officers to wait to enter the Uvalde school with the gunman inside was the "wrong" one, addressing more questions about the timeline of events that led to the mass shooting.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27459 on: May 27, 2022, 04:55:15 PM »

If someone could reach the site owner, it really would help to be able to quote blocks of text from paywall-blocked news articles, without us having to go through them editing out all the quote marks, long dashes, apostrophes, etc.  Is there any chance they could get an upgrade of our ancient (2017 version of Simple Machines) software?  I would gladly chip in, monetarily. 

Anyway, I liked Michelle Cottle's comments on how people view things inside the gun bubble.  But no time atm to get pull quotes out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/opinion/nra-trump-texas-guns.html

I'll ask him.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27460 on: May 27, 2022, 05:01:05 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27461 on: May 27, 2022, 06:11:31 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

LOL!

I laughed way too hard at this!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27462 on: May 27, 2022, 06:15:12 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

LOL!

I laughed way too hard at this!

Something to laugh at is important at the moment.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27463 on: May 27, 2022, 06:17:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/05/27/uvalde-survivor-miah-cerrillo-nora-neus-newday-vpx-new.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

It's heartbreaking.

And the more we learn about the police inactions, the more angry I get.

And the more bullshit about locking the doors against weapons that can shoot the locks off, that can go through the walls, let alone the windows, that people spout as solutions the angrier I get.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27464 on: May 27, 2022, 06:26:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/05/27/uvalde-survivor-miah-cerrillo-nora-neus-newday-vpx-new.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

It's heartbreaking.

And the more we learn about the police inactions, the more angry I get.

And the more bullshit about locking the doors against weapons that can shoot the locks off, that can go through the walls, let alone the windows, that people spout as solutions the angrier I get.
Not to mention the people arguing for locked school doors today would be the ones arguing that schools were locking their doors to prevent parents from observing their kids education to indoctrinate them into commie gay CRT stuffm
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2923