Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749091 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27465 on: May 27, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »

This.

This is an example of hard-boiled hypocrisy.

It is only about the guns. Most every country has the problems he mentions. They don't have the gun problems.

Okay, it is not only about the guns. It is also about the morality and posturing about the constitution while putting the right to own guns without restrictions over the RIGHT TO LIFE of children, teens, and adults.

Cruz also blamed a host of what he described as cultural problems for the increase in mass shootings. He pointed to "broken families, absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media bullying, violent online content, desensitizing the act of murder in video games, chronic isolation, prescription drug and opioid abuse" as among those problems.

"It's a lot easier to moralize about guns and to shriek about those you disagree with politically, but it's never been about guns," Cruz said.

"It's far easier to slander one's political adversaries and to demand that responsible citizens forfeit their constitutional rights than it is to examine the cultural sickness giving birth to unspeakable acts of evil," he said.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 06:39:33 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27466 on: May 27, 2022, 06:57:34 PM »

Josh thinks the shooter would have shot his way into the school.

Interesting.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27467 on: May 27, 2022, 07:00:49 PM »

I do agree that often a mentally unstable being will somehow find a way

My child's current school has a wonderful system to keep all out during school hours.  Yet the students can eat lunch outside - go figure.  And the grounds are accessible.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27468 on: May 27, 2022, 07:06:01 PM »

Interesting.

I'm not reading that at all.  I think most of us can acknowledge that any security step will add some layer of protection and deterrent.  What we can't do is have schools with only one door, as Triangle Shirtwaist Cruz clumsily suggested earlier.  I can't tell if he had amnesia regarding fire codes, or meant that other doors could only be opened from inside, with a crash bar.  If the latter, you still have potential for a confederate to open a back door and admit a shooter.  Which is, given the solitary nature of most shooters, pretty unlikely.  More likely would be someone going in unarmed, then retrieving arms left outside a fire door.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 07:08:16 PM by Barton3.0 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27470 on: May 27, 2022, 11:55:05 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27471 on: May 28, 2022, 03:12:18 AM »

The COPS waited 78 MINUTES to enter the school...as some kids played dead and some rang 911.
Shooter fired about 100 rounds.
Story shown on my tv news just now, including the US cops talking.

78minutes!
What the ....!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 04:46:11 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27472 on: May 28, 2022, 10:34:23 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #27473 on: May 28, 2022, 10:43:16 AM »

The COPS waited 78 MINUTES to enter the school...as some kids played dead and some rang 911.
Shooter fired about 100 rounds.
Story shown on my tv news just now, including the US cops talking.

78minutes!
What the ....!

It is baffling how they reached the erroneous conclusion that the shooter was no longer "active" and was simply barricaded.  I don't understand what prevented their understanding that he had children piled around and some would still be savable with prompt medical aid (or were playing possum, as some turned out to be, and could have coughed or cried or otherwise revealed themselves at any moment). 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27474 on: May 28, 2022, 12:18:52 PM »

Might have needed a few of those white supremacist cops on scene.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27475 on: May 28, 2022, 12:43:58 PM »

Interesting.

That is how Adam Lanza got into Sandy Hook.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27476 on: May 28, 2022, 12:44:59 PM »

I am sending a check to Elon.
He has to end the Twitter disaster and fast.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27477 on: May 28, 2022, 12:47:31 PM »

Might have needed a few of those white supremacist cops on scene.

There were 19 in the hallway for more than half an hour. I bet the ratio of white supremacist cops on scene was significant you fucking ass.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27478 on: May 28, 2022, 01:25:41 PM »

You can go along way killing Black people in America. Buffalo will not be forgotten. Attica will not be forgotten. Greensboro will not be forgotten. Desalonde will not be forgotten. America should be thankful Black people are asking for justice and not revenge.

if you want revenge, you can have it. And it doesn't take luck. It takes showing up at the polls with greater than 70% of the Black eligible population. And it takes getting Asians and Hispanics to join you.

You realize that is the reason for the Stop the Steal Big Lie.

That coalition got Democratic victories in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

If only WHITE women would stop voting GOP we would have a just society.

How many times can Black voters save America from herself?

Well, then find a way to appeal to white women. Let's hear your ideas on that matter.

With a nod to Freud (was it Sigmund?), "What does a white woman want?"

Hell. I can not fuck them all...

So, you have no ideas. Just the usual whining and finger-pointing.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27479 on: May 28, 2022, 01:28:01 PM »

Apartheid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/17/pro-israel-lobby-defeat-democrats-palestinians-2022

False equivalency, and you know it. Then again, you don't hide your anti-Semitism very well, Bama.

Because the Bennett Government following on the heels of the corrupt Netanyahu Government is the legacy of the Kach Party which was ultra right wing and ultra orthodox.

The Israeli government is operating a system of Apartheid in the occupied territories.

You can call me an Anti-Smite all you want and it carries no weight.

You told people in here to commit suicide so what you say has no value.

I respond to you because it is akin to pulling the wing off a fly.

Fuck off.

And yet, you don't respond at all. All you do is pound the table and shout when you know you've got nothing to support the bullshit you've tossed here. Not my fault you can't demonstrate a rational argument. 

Typical of the weak-minded, lesser evolved individuals.

As for suicide, it's an option that some probably should exercise to ease their pain and the pain they cause others with their incessant whining.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 01:30:01 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 ... 2923