Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749397 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27630 on: June 02, 2022, 09:28:34 AM »

Biden is like a wonkish boy scout.  The contortions that the Far Right employs to make him seem corrupt would fill a yoga master with envy.

I eagerly await your defense when the hearings get underway

You mean the hearings that start next week?

Nope.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/hunter-biden-is-a-prime-target-of-investigation-if-republicans-win-congress

From the article:

Joe Biden has said hes never spoken to his son about his foreign business. And there are no indications that the federal investigation involves the president in any way.

So what was it you thought I would be defending?  Phony partisan outrage generated by a Kremlin disinformation plant?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27631 on: June 02, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »

The guy is toast

Just a matter of how brutal the Republicans wish to make it on his way down.

Doesn't matter - he was President - and like Trump (and "the little champ" in Eight men Out) - 'cant no one take that away'...    He's in the books.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27632 on: June 02, 2022, 11:00:00 AM »

Or maybe you mean like the recently ended court case against her campaign's lawyers.

The trial proved Hillary did herself in.
And she is done, politically.
I am gutted, truly gutted, that she will not be a candidate to succeed Biden in 2028 when she will be 81.

I deleted the stuff from cloudcuckooland. I am sure your right wing sources are trying desperately to turn the Sussman trial, and the entire Durham investigation, into something other than the diseased bloody and useless pool of right wing spunk it is. And failing.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27633 on: June 02, 2022, 11:53:35 AM »

Biden did watch multiple episodes of "Aquarius" in which the Manson family figured prominently.  Disturbing if true, and some are saying he may have composed a fan letter to David Duchovny who is, hope you're sitting down, HALF UKRAINIAN.  Coincidence, or yet another sign of unwholesome connections?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27634 on: June 02, 2022, 12:22:29 PM »

Biden is like a wonkish boy scout.  The contortions that the Far Right employs to make him seem corrupt would fill a yoga master with envy.

Nope.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/hunter-biden-is-a-prime-target-of-investigation-if-republicans-win-congress

Like I said - hearings that are pure politics intended to harm the President. There is no legitimate goal there, of course.

Clearly, the Dems should have held hearings about Eric and Donald Jr, about whom there are already verified scams. But for some reason, they thought the wheels of justice should be left to work about them.

Benghazi and emails, all over. Whether Hunter Biden committed crimes or not, such hearings by a party that refused to look at January 6th is a travesty.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27635 on: June 02, 2022, 12:26:49 PM »

Nope.

From the article:

Joe Biden has said hes never spoken to his son about his foreign business. And there are no indications that the federal investigation involves the president in any way.

So what was it you thought I would be defending?  Phony partisan outrage generated by a Kremlin disinformation plant?
Assuming, as I think likely, the Repos gain at least the House, I look forward to the Dems announcing that the Repo investigation of a private citizen is inappropriate and 8nvalod and refusing to participate in the Committee while everyone ignores the subpoenae as invalid and unconstitutional. Especially if Gym Jordan is the chair.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27636 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »

Nope.

From the article:

Assuming, as I think likely, the Repos gain at least the House, I look forward to the Dems announcing that the Repo investigation of a private citizen is inappropriate and 8nvalod and refusing to participate in the Committee while everyone ignores the subpoenae as invalid and unconstitutional. Especially if Gym Jordan is the chair.

With each such announcement done with quote marks and a footnote of which GOP member said it previously.

They should conduct interviews the same way. "Well, as Kevin McCarthy said..."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27637 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »

Nope.

Like I said - hearings that are pure politics intended to harm the President. There is no legitimate goal there, of course.

Clearly, the Dems should have held hearings about Eric and Donald Jr, about whom there are already verified scams. But for some reason, they thought the wheels of justice should be left to work about them.

Benghazi and emails, all over. Whether Hunter Biden committed crimes or not, such hearings by a party that refused to look at January 6th is a travesty.

Republicans are represented on Jan 6 committee.  They also had others ready to serve.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27638 on: June 02, 2022, 12:46:35 PM »

Nope.

Republicans are represented on Jan 6 committee.  They also had others ready to serve.

The Party is not, as they have repeatedly proclaimed.

And the others ready to serve were going to be subpoenaed as witnesses and therefore were inappropriate to put on the committee.

But I meant their refusal to participate or even allow the proposed Select Committee:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mccarthy-jan-6-committee-picks-removed-pelosi-rejects-jim-jordan-jim-banks/

But you're just posturing, regardless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27639 on: June 02, 2022, 01:28:57 PM »

Kid misses the Eisenhower years, the last time the republicans were anything more than a terrorist tool of organized crime.

In his mind, the Benghazi and e-mail hoaxes are the pinnacle of republican policy making and statesmanship in the subsequent period. He might be right. Republicans do not seem capable of doing anything better than using tax dollars to spread smears and lie to voters, which is all they ever accomplish when given any control over a branch of government.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27640 on: June 02, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »

Nope.

in other words more bullshit Benghazi hearings from those who will not respond to subpoenas...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27641 on: June 02, 2022, 01:58:14 PM »

And the others ready to serve were going to be subpoenaed as witnesses and therefore were inappropriate to put on the committee.

heh

"With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan."

-  Pelosi 

She did not elaborate further on her decision to reject them.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27642 on: June 02, 2022, 02:44:59 PM »

heh

"With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan."

-  Pelosi 

She did not elaborate further on her decision to reject them.

Nor did she need to. If "integrity of the investigation" doesn't explain it to you, Kid, nothing will.

Jordan has been subpoenaed. As noted, that would have made having him on the Committee a tad inappropriate. I don't know about Banks.

But McCarthy's reaction was not to replace them, but to yank the others off. Grandstanding for his party, as ever.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27643 on: June 02, 2022, 03:07:05 PM »

Refusing to contribute to a sham investigation is what McCarthy was doing. 

Pelosi said nothing about Jordan being removed due to a subpoena.   In fact any real wisdom would tell you the subpoena was retaliatory. 

You were caught in a minor  fib there, Joshie.   Live with it.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27644 on: June 02, 2022, 03:24:28 PM »

Refusing to contribute to a sham investigation is what McCarthy was doing. 

Pelosi said nothing about Jordan being removed due to a subpoena.   In fact any real wisdom would tell you the subpoena was retaliatory. 

You were caught in a minor  fib there, Joshie.   Live with it.
Jesus you will swallow anything they tell you.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 2924