Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749456 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27690 on: June 03, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »

https://www.wonkette.com/republicans-very-mad-at-dems-for-pointing-out-that-they-aren-t-going-to-do-shit-to-stop-kids-getting-shot

How dare you. You think we dont have hearts? screeched Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert during this mornings House hearing on gun control.

In point of fact, we do think that. What other possible conclusion is there when an entire party refuses to take any action to keep Americans safe from being shot in their homes, churches, schools, hospitals, malls, and movie theaters? If your family values require children to go to school in a war zone so that you can amass a stockpile of cool murder sticks, then, yeah, you have no heart. Would a person with a functioning heart look at 19 dead kids and insist that it was more important for teenagers to be able to wander around with weapons of war strapped to their bodies than for kindergartners to be able to go to school without coming home in body bags? Not likely!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:12:12 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #27692 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:40 PM »

https://www.wonkette.com/republicans-very-mad-at-dems-for-pointing-out-that-they-aren-t-going-to-do-shit-to-stop-kids-getting-shot

How dare you. You think we dont have hearts? screeched Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert during this mornings House hearing on gun control.

In point of fact, we do think that. What other possible conclusion is there when an entire party refuses to take any action to keep Americans safe from being shot in their homes, churches, schools, hospitals, malls, and movie theaters? If your family values require children to go to school in a war zone so that you can amass a stockpile of cool murder sticks, then, yeah, you have no heart. Would a person with a functioning heart look at 19 dead kids and insist that it was more important for teenagers to be able to wander around with weapons of war strapped to their bodies than for kindergartners to be able to go to school without coming home in body bags? Not likely!

Holly Martins

« Reply #27693 on: June 03, 2022, 03:35:05 PM »

Turkiye? My autocorrect is not a fan. And I suspect josh s surrogate will reject the umlaut.

I suppose the Tuerks got tired of sharing their country name with a stupid avian and a bad movie. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #27694 on: June 03, 2022, 03:40:07 PM »

As regards other Tuerkiyesh names, let me just say:

I like a Renault but I Constantinople. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27695 on: June 03, 2022, 03:52:51 PM »

Perhaps he should threaten to kill AOC again.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27696 on: June 03, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

As regards other Tuerkiyesh names, let me just say:

I like a Renault but I Constantinople.
I favor Byzantium, where I could take such a form as Grecian goldsmiths make, of hammered gold and gold enamelling to keep a drowsy Emperor awake, or set upon a golden bough to sing to lords and ladies of Byzantium of what is past, or passing, or to come.

A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27697 on: June 03, 2022, 04:21:25 PM »

On the issue of Turkey, Erdogan has been nice and quiet lately, he was becoming an extremist for a while and was being threatening towards Israel, etc, but all seems to be calm now. Erdogan was also threatening our allies in Iraq. But, it all seems to have quieted down.

Now there is a huge flow of refugees through Turkey, they are flying from Turkey to Mexico. As the people flow through Turkey then they can help to dilute the hate of Erdogan.

There are a lot of good people in Turkey, I worked with a film student from USC who was from Turkey, he was cool and we made a cool little film. He wanted to make movies in Turkey for the Middle East, he wanted to make movies to sell to the Arabs and stuff. He was trying to get investors from Hollywood to build a studio in Ankara to make movies for the Arabs. I would love to be in charge of making movies for the Arabs, that is how you win their hearts and minds.

Anyhow, all seems peaceful right now with Turkey, and that is a good thing. I will be happy when a more liberal person replaces Erdogan, maybe someone from Show Business can replace Erdogan.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27698 on: June 03, 2022, 05:05:53 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27699 on: June 03, 2022, 05:10:00 PM »

People from Show Business make great world leaders, like in Ukraine, and Sonny Bono wrote our Copyright Law here in the USA, and we had Reagan, Show Business people can be great world leaders.

And here in the USA, we have Brad Pitt, he helped the people in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina, and Brad has done other good things, he is a smart businessman, maybe Brad Pitt will run for President of the United States.

Show Business people make great world leaders.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27700 on: June 03, 2022, 05:25:34 PM »

People from Show Business make great world leaders, like in Ukraine, and Sonny Bono wrote our Copyright Law here in the USA, and we had Reagan, Show Business people can be great world leaders.

Our copyright laws are broken.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27701 on: June 03, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »

Our copyright laws are broken.

How would you improve our Copyright Law?

I know one idea for You Tube, is that the Studios can make money from allowing people to buy the use of copyrighted material, instead of banning the video then the people should be allowed to pay money to use the song or whatever. Warner Brothers and everyone else could make money instead of just banning videos. That is one idea.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27702 on: June 03, 2022, 05:52:51 PM »

About those polls

Newsweek

Over Half Of Americans Do Not See School Shootings As A Guns Problem

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27703 on: June 03, 2022, 06:00:47 PM »

Perhaps he should threaten to kill AOC again.

Louie schooling asscrack Dems.  Thanks for sharing.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27704 on: June 03, 2022, 06:09:16 PM »

About those polls

Newsweek

Over Half Of Americans Do Not See School Shootings As A Guns Problem
When it comes to polls, Cartoonishly Partisan Hack,  proven liar and dumber than The Boxer Red hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1845 1846 [1847] 1848 1849 ... 2924