Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749577 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27765 on: June 05, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »

Yup. He lost his password. Good call
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27766 on: June 05, 2022, 02:58:57 PM »

Rebekah Jones, remember her?
Jones claimed in 2020 that she was fired from her position in the Florida health department for not caving to pressure to manipulate COVID-19 figures.
Naturally PBS, CNN, CBS, and seemingly the rest of the leftist media saluted a brave whistleblowerwho defied orders from that hated GOP Governor Ron DeSantis.

Turns out Rebekah was a liar.

The Florida Inspector has exonerated Mr. DeSantis after interviewing more than a dozen people who worked with state Covid data.
None corroborated the claims of Rebekah  Jones.

As in NO ONE.

Response from the leftist media mob?

Meh

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 03:08:07 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27767 on: June 05, 2022, 03:11:42 PM »

http://www.rebekahjonescampaign.com/

Here is where you can contribute to her campaign for a better Florida and a better Congress.

Good people like her need our support to defeat the very worst in our nation, white Christian nationalist fascists known as the mouldering corpse of the republican party.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #27768 on: June 05, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »

And here is the rejoinder to Red's unattributed comments on Rebekah Jones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/06/05/pink-slime-west-cook-news-school-race-grading/

Watch out for pink slime stories posing as news.

https://archive.ph/V1qHb (paywall free version)
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27769 on: June 05, 2022, 04:39:15 PM »

Nothing needed to be attributed.  All of it is public knowledge. I see why you cannot refute
It.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27770 on: June 05, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »

Nothing needed to be attributed.  All of it is public knowledge. I see why you cannot refute
It.

LMAO

Is this the motherfucker you are championing?

Dude bullied the Special Olympics because DEATH CULT 💀

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2022/06/04/florida-gov-ron-desantis-bullies-special-olympics/7498878001/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27771 on: June 05, 2022, 05:12:35 PM »

http://www.rebekahjonescampaign.com/

Here is where you can contribute to her campaign for a better Florida and a better Congress.

Good people like her need our support to defeat the very worst in our nation, white Christian nationalist fascists known as the mouldering corpse of the republican party.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27772 on: June 05, 2022, 07:09:46 PM »

Nothing needed to be attributed. 
Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27773 on: June 05, 2022, 08:16:35 PM »

The anti-trans stuff finally makes sense. Republicans are legislating a way for pervy Christian conservatives to regularly fondle the genitals of children. They wish they all had altar boys to play with and this is as close as they think they can get right now.

Republicans really know and cater to their base.

I don't think the Ohio law will stand up to public or judicial scrutiny.

The Ohio law will fail on its invasiveness, its potential for harm, and because it will be weaponized by anyone on a team who has a grudge against someone (or anxiety that player might be better than them).   This could cause some girls to quit a team because they will not want to face the degrading physical exam or any further accusations.  It seems like a catalyst for poor sportsmanship, the very thing that school sports programs are supposed to remedy.

Also, given the freshness in memory of Larry Nasser and other cases like that, it is really hard to imagine many parents signing off on such a proposal.

Why do you humor him? (them?)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27774 on: June 05, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »

Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Then prove me wrong.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27775 on: June 05, 2022, 08:51:52 PM »

Then prove me wrong.

You have only accepted that you were wrong once in the decades I have seen you post.

So, no, there is no point in anybody's trying to "prove you wrong" to you. You have been proven wrong about many things.

And attribution is a standard practice.

Or as you would put it, "prove me wrong."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #27776 on: June 05, 2022, 09:14:52 PM »

The anti-trans stuff finally makes sense. Republicans are legislating a way for pervy Christian conservatives to regularly fondle the genitals of children. They wish they all had altar boys to play with and this is as close as they think they can get right now.

Republicans really know and cater to their base.

I don't think the Ohio law will stand up to public or judicial scrutiny.

The Ohio law will fail on its invasiveness, its potential for harm, and because it will be weaponized by anyone on a team who has a grudge against someone (or anxiety that player might be better than them).   This could cause some girls to quit a team because they will not want to face the degrading physical exam or any further accusations.  It seems like a catalyst for poor sportsmanship, the very thing that school sports programs are supposed to remedy.

Also, given the freshness in memory of Larry Nasser and other cases like that, it is really hard to imagine many parents signing off on such a proposal.

Why do you humor him? (them?)

Do you have a response to my comment that the law won't stand up to scrutiny, or not?

Do you think it could be weaponized, in the way I described? 

Holly Martins

« Reply #27777 on: June 05, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

Jones attorney, Rick Johnson of Tallahassee, said Friday the inspector general could not conclude that the evidence proves or disproves the two main allegations - that Jones bosses directed falsification of data and pressured her to falsify COVID positivity rates.

- Tampa Bay Times
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:37:11 PM by Barton3.0 »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27778 on: June 05, 2022, 09:26:09 PM »

Jones attorney, Rick Johnson of Tallahassee, said Friday the inspector general could not conclude that the evidence proves or disproves the two main allegations - that Jones bosses directed falsification of data and pressured her to falsify COVID positivity rates. He said his client intends to continue to pursue her wrongful termination claim before the Florida Council on Human Relations.

Unfortunately, this neutral finding is labeled unsubstantiated but they explain that really means too close to call, not a win for (the Department of Health), Johnson said. And a neutral finding from DeSantis own team is as good as a win for us.

He added that even though the inspector general found the state suppressed some COVID data, it is not technically illegal, but it is clearly wrong.

- Tampa Bay Times
Keep trying.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27779 on: June 05, 2022, 09:27:05 PM »

Then prove me wrong.

You have only accepted that you were wrong once in the decades I have seen you post.

So, no, there is no point in anybody's trying to "prove you wrong" to you. You have been proven wrong about many things.

And attribution is a standard practice.

Or as you would put it, "prove me wrong."
Say what?
Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 2924