Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749816 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27840 on: June 06, 2022, 07:28:05 PM »

Taking guns away from the good people does not make the world safer.

Yeah, actually, it does.

It reduces (a) suicides, (b) accidents, and (c) some murders.

"But my whole family was killled when they invaded my home"

Josh:  "well, at least your kid didnt commit suicide with your gun"

For maneuverability and close in fighting  a shotgun or handgun would be more efficient than an AR.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27841 on: June 06, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »

Yeah, actually, it does.

How?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27842 on: June 06, 2022, 07:31:36 PM »

Definition of assault rifle
: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire
also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

An AR-15 is an assault rifle, even if you don't like it.

It's not an AK-47, but it does do the damage the Pediatric Surgeons describe.

Your insistence on fighting over the word is inane, under pedantic circumstances, but it is cruelly insensitive in these circumstances.

I don't fucking care what word is used to ban AR-15 type weapons and others that do the same thing.

I don't know why you do.

Why do you want people to have high capacity magazines that can shoot rounds so often and of such power that children are unrecognizable when they've been shot and seldom able to get to the hospital to have a chance of being saved?

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27843 on: June 06, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »

Definition of assault rifle
: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire
also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

It is not

Irrelevant to the description of the rifle.
Your insistence on fighting over the word is inane, under pedantic circumstances, but it is cruelly insensitive in these circumstances.
Insensitive to what?
I don't fucking care what word is used to ban AR-15 type weapons and others that do the same thing.
Well, then your opinion is not based on facts.

Why do you want people to have high capacity magazines that can shoot rounds so often and of such power that children are unrecognizable when they've been shot and seldom able to get to the hospital to have a chance of being saved?
I have never stated an opinion on magazines. But, magazines have nothing to do with the power or damage caused by the caliber of ammunition loaded into them. You may want to inform yourself before you continue to spread ignorance. The AR 15 is owned by upwards of 20 million Americans. In the last dozen years 11 mass shootings involved Ar 15 s
You do the math.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27844 on: June 06, 2022, 08:05:00 PM »

Yeah, actually, it does.

For maneuverability and close in fighting  a shotgun or handgun would be more efficient than an AR.

And?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27845 on: June 06, 2022, 08:17:44 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27846 on: June 06, 2022, 08:33:31 PM »

I have never stated an opinion on magazines. But, magazines have nothing to do with the power or damage caused by the caliber of ammunition loaded into them. You may want to inform yourself before you continue to spread ignorance. The AR 15 is owned by upwards of 20 million Americans. In the last dozen years 11 mass shootings involved Ar 15 s
You do the math.
[/quote]

You are a disingenuous piece of scum.

Larger magazines serve as a multiplier of the damage done.

But you knew that.

And the answer is yes, you are insensitive - and since I explained that I don't care the wording that is required to ban them, your response to it is absurd and disconnected from what I wrote.

No news.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27847 on: June 06, 2022, 08:47:44 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27848 on: June 06, 2022, 09:08:57 PM »

any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire
Wrong. Only Automatic fire can be an AssAult Weapon which have been banned since the 1930s
also :rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire[/size]

Wrong. An AR 15 is a rifle, owned by 20 million Americans used for hunting, competitive and target shooting and self defense.

I don't know why you do.
Because we tried that with no effect n mass shootings
Then ban all guns. They are capable of the same carnage in the hands of the insane.
Go ahead,   try it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:18:56 PM by Espnthree »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27849 on: June 06, 2022, 09:09:45 PM »

Yeah, actually, it does.

And?

If intruders are coming up the walk from the street a rifle would be best for distance and accuracy.
However if  intruders are already inside the home the shotgun is a better weapon.

Accuracy is not a problem.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27850 on: June 06, 2022, 09:18:02 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27851 on: June 06, 2022, 09:18:56 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27852 on: June 06, 2022, 09:22:01 PM »

Ward takes his lead by the glassful when he cannot find paint chips of the right vintage to eat.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27853 on: June 06, 2022, 10:30:08 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/america-s-rifle-why-so-many-people-love-ar-15-n831171

Tell us what you disagree with in this piece

That Walter Mitty-esque experience, he believes, plays a crucial role in the ARs enduring allure.

Definitely alluring to the kind of fake man who becomes a fake Christian, votes republican, abuses himself and every woman in his life.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27854 on: June 06, 2022, 10:32:19 PM »

44% of Republicans said that mass shootings are something we have to accept as part of a free society.

(A majority of Republicans -- 56% -- said mass shootings are something we can prevent and stop if we really tried.)

That number is a striking departure from how the country as a whole views the issue. More than 7 in 10 Americans (72%) said that mass shootings could be prevented if we really tried, while just 28% said they were part of living in a free society.

"We would like to thank the children for sacrificing their lives so we can keep our guns."
~Ward and 44% of the Republican Party
Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 2924