Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499079 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #28860 on: July 03, 2022, 09:22:26 AM »

After earning MVP honors in the 2018 Hawaii Bowl, the Louisiana native was selected by the Ravens in the 2019 NFL Draft as the 85th overall pick, spending three seasons in Baltimore and ingratiating himself with the city. The Ravens organization issued the following statement after Ferguson's death:

We are profoundly saddened by the tragic passing of Jaylon Ferguson. He was a kind, respectful young man with a big smile and infectious personality. We express our heartfelt condolences to Jaylons  family and friends as we mourn a life lost much too soon.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley also shared their thoughts after Fergusons   passing  via The Baltimore Sun .

Jaylon was a good hearted, gentle person who loved his family and his team, Harbaugh said.  He was a joy to talk with and be around every day. You always wanted to see and talk to  Ferg. Our prayers and our help go to his family.

Going against him in practice, he would always tell me when I was doing a good job, even when it meant it was against himself, Stanley said.  He was so excited every time he had a new kid who was about to be born. He always talked about them.

Riiiiight.  Suicide.   Gotcha .

What do you call death from two different addictive drugs, Kid?

Homicide?

He died of self-inflicted substance abuse, in all likelihood.

Questions remain:
a) How long had he been using?
b) Was he using during the season?
c) If yes, who else knew on the team?
d) From whom was he getting his drugs?

If a team med staffer or coaching staffer knew he had a problem, there is league vulnerability. If they did not, why not?

e) Are there other users on his team or among his circle of friends?
f) Are there steps teams could take to prevent this sort of thing from happening again?

You say "Riiiiight.  Suicide.   Gotcha ." like the judge you pretend not to be, but the story of how wonderful and great a person was are pretty common for people who kill themselves despite their lives looking successful to those around them. It's not a rarity.

He had some kind of issue that pushed him to drugs to start with. We just don't know what his demons were.

Skaggs case

All good points other than that he was addicted to fentanyl.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #28861 on: July 03, 2022, 11:08:30 AM »

Several prominent leftists and a few democrat politicians are seething this Fourth of July Weekend.
A  statement Burn this  God damned Country to the Ground! has been often uttered or published.

Probably not an effective rallying cry for the November Elections.

If there are any adults left in the democrat Party it might be time for them to come up with a better strategy.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #28862 on: July 03, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »

A  statement Burn this  God damned Country to the Ground! has been often uttered or published.

If there are any adults left in the democrat Party it might be time for them to come up with a better strategy.

I'm pretty sure "Burn this Country to the Ground" was the B-side to the Proud Boys/MAGA 2021 A-side single "Let's Steal this Country" better known, as Insurrection gets me Harder than a Blue pill.

Dems should be pissed the far-right nuts want to breed women like cattle and use their kids for target practice in schools.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28863 on: July 03, 2022, 12:50:53 PM »

Several prominent leftists and a few democrat politicians are seething this Fourth of July Weekend.

Where will you go this Fourth of July now the United States wants to hang you for treason?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #28864 on: July 03, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »

Tre Pennie, black man from Texas on my tv now.
President National Fallen (police) Officer Foundation.
Crime in America is at all-time high.
Defund the Police is a dismal failure.
NY bans guns in public places.
Concerns continue over Biden's policies.
US in turmoil.
Bet the bad people in NY will still be carrying their guns in public.

One of my cousins was stabbed twice with a knife while intervening on a domestic violence situation in Palm Springs, so sad. Palm Springs used to be a very nice and safe area.

Here in Anaheim, in Stanton, a man was shot so a pizza delivery driver stopped to help the man, then the bad guys came back and they shot the pizza delivery driver, so the bad guys killed both men.

We live in crazy times.

Meanwhile we have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone.

And we just removed a corrupt Mayor here in Anaheim, we removed Mayor Harry Sidhu, he was so corrupt that he tried to sell Angel Stadium.

But we have some good news for the immigrants, the Supreme Court ended the "Remain In Mexico" policy that Trump started, so we can help the immigrants on American soil. And the ACLU is working to make sure that the immigrants can safely ride Greyhound buses without fear of being harassed by police, we do not need for the immigrants to die in the backs of hot trucks, the immigrants need to be able to ride in a nice and safe Greyhound bus.

And I had to slow way down on talking about politics on Facebook, they started making up lies and they accused me of associating with terrorists and of supporting terrorism, there are people who want to win at all costs and they just start making up lies against you if they disagree with you, and they want to destroy you at all costs. They made up lies and restricted my account, so it is all bullshit. I wish I could buy America On Line and I would create my own social network, AOL could regain its glory, and there could be forums and everything on AOL, and you could search for people in your area with similar interests, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28865 on: July 03, 2022, 01:54:35 PM »

After earning MVP honors in the 2018 Hawaii Bowl, the Louisiana native was selected by the Ravens in the 2019 NFL Draft as the 85th overall pick, spending three seasons in Baltimore and ingratiating himself with the city. The Ravens organization issued the following statement after Ferguson's death:

We are profoundly saddened by the tragic passing of Jaylon Ferguson. He was a kind, respectful young man with a big smile and infectious personality. We express our heartfelt condolences to Jaylons  family and friends as we mourn a life lost much too soon.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley also shared their thoughts after Fergusons   passing  via The Baltimore Sun .

Jaylon was a good hearted, gentle person who loved his family and his team, Harbaugh said.  He was a joy to talk with and be around every day. You always wanted to see and talk to  Ferg. Our prayers and our help go to his family.

Going against him in practice, he would always tell me when I was doing a good job, even when it meant it was against himself, Stanley said.  He was so excited every time he had a new kid who was about to be born. He always talked about them.

Riiiiight.  Suicide.   Gotcha .

I didn't say "suicide". I said he killed himself. He caused his own death. Too fucking bad.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28866 on: July 03, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »

This is bullshit.  I pump my own gas in Jersey all the time

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/18/energy/new-jersey-oregon-pump-your-own-gas/index.html

All understaffed

Oh, you're that asshole.

Shoulda guessed.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28867 on: July 03, 2022, 11:53:56 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28868 on: July 04, 2022, 12:38:27 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28869 on: July 04, 2022, 01:46:05 AM »

The republican war on children has entered a new phase.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28870 on: July 04, 2022, 03:28:57 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/07/01/poll-republican-party-believe-election-government-rigged-ip-vpx.cnn

There is a lot if disturbing information in this poll.

And the cause of the problem is pretty clear: when everything used to be tilted in your favor, when things become slightly[/i\] less tilted in your favor you think it is unfairly against you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28871 on: July 04, 2022, 03:32:14 AM »

Gavin Newsom's Independence Day ad running today in Florida is quite something.

Holly Martins

« Reply #28872 on: July 04, 2022, 09:37:49 AM »

(overlooking the 21000 children...)

Concise version of what philosophers call the problem of evil.  The Deist view (some founding fathers were Deists, btw) is that the PoE is explained by the nature of God, which is an originating creative being that sets it all in motion but then doesn't intervene in human affairs. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #28873 on: July 04, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »

Gavin Newsom's Independence Day ad running today in Florida is quite something.

Doubt it will change a single vote in Florida, but it might give a nudge to a few already thinking about moving. 

Florida has some amazing places - the Art Deco district in MB, the skies at Key West, the launch center - but if I were told I could only live there or Cali, it would take me about two milliseconds to pick Cali. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28874 on: July 04, 2022, 12:07:20 PM »

Maybe Loving is safe.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/interracial-marriage-blake-cec/index.html

It was a unanimous decision.

And Ward is right - its popularity is very high.
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 2718