Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 [2049] 2050 2051 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499293 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #30720 on: August 14, 2022, 04:36:45 PM »

This douche bag was selling secrets while at the same time fleecing his followers for more than a quarter billion dollars because that was not enough.

Warm up the crisper.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30721 on: August 14, 2022, 05:14:18 PM »

Dave Alvord explains pregnancy to the Veep:

https://twitter.com/DaveAlvord/status/1555946371768758272

He's a Salt Lake Councilman, was a dentist for 16 years.

He explains:
The baby is not part of the body of a woman. The umbilical chord and placenta do not directly connect to the woman. The baby floats inside the woman. It is not about the woman
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30722 on: August 14, 2022, 05:50:32 PM »

Mike Rounds declares himself and his estimation of the electorate of South Dakota as RINO curious at least.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #30723 on: August 14, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »

Family Research Council is being investigated for being a fraudulent church, like the Scientologists.

What is the over under on Arizona nutbags dropping from the heat as they take their principled stand in broad daylight on concrete in not the most breathable body armor. Will they properly hydrate? Have they figured out a place to piss and whatnot as they conduct their demonstration?
We are used to it.

Serviceable answer in any extreme climate. 

My times in the sunbelt convinced me that the parasol should make a big comeback.  And the deep basement.  The slab foundation should be banned. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 07:02:34 PM by Bart »

Holly Martins

« Reply #30724 on: August 14, 2022, 07:04:23 PM »

Mike Rounds declares himself and his estimation of the electorate of South Dakota as RINO curious at least.

Embarrassed - haven't followed this, and he's my senator.   Will look now.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30725 on: August 14, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »

Family Research Council is being investigated for being a fraudulent church, like the Scientologists.

What is the over under on Arizona nutbags dropping from the heat as they take their principled stand in broad daylight on concrete in not the most breathable body armor. Will they properly hydrate? Have they figured out a place to piss and whatnot as they conduct their demonstration?
We are used to it.

Serviceable answer in any extreme climate. 

My times in the sunbelt convinced me that the parasol should make a big comeback.  And the deep basement.  The slab foundation should be banned.
On behalf of the entire city of Phoenix: What is this "basement" of which you speak?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #30726 on: August 14, 2022, 07:24:22 PM »

Haha.  Phoenix doesn't dig basements, I gather.  No shovel is hard enough to penetrate the hardpan or suchlike.  Or maybe developers just don't know their ass from a....

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30729 on: August 15, 2022, 04:14:29 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fbi-dhs-warn-threats-federal-law-enforcement-spiked-wake-mar-lago-sear-rcna43024\\

This is just like the hours on Jan 6, 2021 when Trump did nothing.

He and his allies have hyped this and promoted the anger with bullshit like, "If they can do this to me, you may be next" and that this way leads to tyranny.

The violence is theirs to stop and if they don't, then they need to lose their stage.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30730 on: August 15, 2022, 04:16:24 AM »

Average list price for a unit of insulin:
$6.94 Australia
$7.52 UK
$9.08 France
$11.00 Germany
$12.00 Canada
$14.40 Japan
$98.70 United States

Holly Martins

« Reply #30731 on: August 15, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »

That's fortunate for UK.  My time there convinced me they are absolute sugar fiends. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #30732 on: August 15, 2022, 09:37:47 AM »

Fully avoiding fossil-fuel investments is impractical, many investors say, because oil, gas and coal still account for about 80% of world energy. Energy and food shortages driven by the war in Ukraine have hammered home that reality while highlighting the risks of haphazard shifts away from fossil fuels in some European countries.

The bill passed Friday by the House of Representatives appears to take a similar tack. Principal backer Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) and others have dubbed it an all-in energy policy.

The answer is not either or, It is all of the above.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-street-like-the-climate-bill-bets-on-both-green-energy-and-fossil-fuels-11660345793?mod=hp_lead_pos8

Or https://archive.ph/4tCup if you don't have a subscription.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:43:55 AM by josh »

Holly Martins

« Reply #30733 on: August 15, 2022, 09:41:19 AM »

Haha.  Phoenix doesn't dig basements, I gather.  No shovel is hard enough to penetrate the hardpan or suchlike.  Or maybe developers just don't know their ass from a....

Also the absence of a frost line (so the footing only has to be eighteen inches below grade).   So not just caliche.   Trying to imagine a Midwest life sans basements.  Failing.

Would seem to impose a severe burden on garages. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30734 on: August 15, 2022, 09:46:54 AM »

MSNBC chart

- Biden's Big Wins

*  Plummeting Gas Prices

Can't make it up.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 [2049] 2050 2051 ... 2718