Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750378 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32070 on: November 22, 2022, 11:17:36 AM »

A friend had his car broken into while he was doing a DRs. appointment in what was considered a safe neighborhood. Crime is a big issue.

Crime is a symptom.  The big issue is poverty and wealth disparity.

Tell your friend to leave his car door unlocked and get one of those decals that says there are no valuables inside.  Saves on the expense of replacing window glass. 

We had petty thefts in our neighborhood, which ended people leaving stuff out.  I had an extension ladder stolen, so the next one went in the padlocked shed.  After about a year, the druggies moved on, because everyone had locked their stuff up. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32071 on: November 22, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »

A friend had his car broken into while he was doing a DRs. appointment in what was considered a safe neighborhood. Crime is a big issue.

Crime is a symptom.
And you are a symptom of ignorance 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 04:56:45 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32072 on: November 22, 2022, 12:39:49 PM »

Wherever republicans hold power crime is out of control. Rightwing activity is always a criminal enterprise. When white supremacists grab a cross and flag the crime those crackers intended is usually murder.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32073 on: November 22, 2022, 12:58:17 PM »

"Poverty is the father of crime and revolution." - Aristotle

But, with freedom one can be grateful for very little, and one can be grateful for a good library, and a comfortable bed, and good food, and good coffee, and good wine, etc. One can be grateful for the little things. And love is the greatest thing of all and love is free.

We simply must teach our youth to be grateful for the little things and to appreciate a good book, etc. And in the Industrial Revolution it was a luxury to have the time to sit and read a book.

We also must teach our children to have empathy, and to have compassion, and we must teach our children to treat other people with the same respect that they want to be treated with. My parents taught me to have good manners, and to be considerate of other people, and we must teach these important attributes to all children. I am also a Christian, and I obey the Golden Rule to love my neighbors, and I also obey the Ten Commandments. If we taught all children to obey the Golden Rule and to obey the Ten Commandments then the world would be a better place.

We also need to teach our youth how to make honest money. You do not need to be a criminal in Anaheim if you know how to sell stuff to tourists, you can sell hamburgers to tourists, etc, we receive 50,000 tourists per day and our City advertises for tourists in the UK, etc. There is no need to be a criminal if you know how to make honest money. We can teach the youth in the Key Club, and in other groups, how to make honest money, the Key Club does business ventures to make money to give to charity and as the youth do the business ventures then they are learning how to do Business and how to make honest money. And when we have the Girl Scouts selling cookies, they are learning how to make honest money by selling cookies. We need to teach the youth how to make honest money so that they do not have to resort to crime to make money.

We also need to help the Foster Youth, and the youth who do not have fathers, we need to support groups such as the Big Brother program, and other groups which help the Foster Youth, etc. And we need to give the Foster Youth a free college education and Business Loans with zero interest, and free Business Consulting if they need it in order to succeed.

And we need to go into the poorest parts of Kentucky and we need to build great schools, and libraries, and parks, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:11:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32074 on: November 22, 2022, 04:47:15 PM »

Kiwanis International

1 hour

The Kiwanis Club of Tri Parishes, Louisiana, hosted its first College and Career Fair, introducing more than 400 area high school juniors and seniors to many possible bright futures.

Read more: https://bit.ly/3i5GpA2 

#KidsNeedKiwanis

-------------

Kiwanis and the Key Club are doing great things right now. The best way to reduce crime and to improve our neighborhoods is to connect the youth with honest opportunities. And not only can Kiwanis reduce crime, but Kiwanis can also help the youth to live fuller lives with more purpose.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32075 on: November 22, 2022, 09:30:00 PM »

Tell your friend to leave his car door unlocked and get one of those decals that says there are no valuables inside.  Saves on the expense of replacing window glass. 

We had petty thefts in our neighborhood, which ended people leaving stuff out.  I had an extension ladder stolen, so the next one went in the padlocked shed.  After about a year, the druggies moved on, because everyone had locked their stuff up.

Yes..."lock it up or lose it".

People will steal anything and everything...they even enter and rob houses while the residents are at home.
Chief detective friend ( now deceased ) once told me that "there's not a house in Sydney that hasn't been assessed by thieves for robbery."
He said the bad people drive around the streets 'on Saturday night at 8 pm" looking for homes with no lights on, to rob.

One can only do so much, but locked sheds, locked homes, homes with alarms and sensor lights etc are robbed less than unsecured ones.
13, 14, 15, 16, 17 yr olds in my world, for thrilling experiences are stealing very expensive cars from homes and driving them at speed around city and suburbs at night...eventually chased by the cops.
Break into homes and steal the car keys.
One man had the car keys taken from his bedside table.

Why aren't such children at home?  you ask.
Because the said children just walk out the door and there's nothing the parents can do to stop them.
Parents are charged with "deprivation of liberty" if they force the children to stay in the house.
It's the fault of the "do gooders", PC, "everyone in the world is a lovely person" brigade.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32076 on: November 23, 2022, 10:35:28 AM »

People will steal anything and everything...they even enter and rob houses while the residents are at home.
Chief detective friend ( now deceased ) once told me that "there's not a house in Sydney that hasn't been assessed by thieves for robbery."
He said the bad people drive around the streets 'on Saturday night at 8 pm" looking for homes with no lights on, to rob.

One can only do so much, but locked sheds, locked homes, homes with alarms and sensor lights etc are robbed less than unsecured ones.
13, 14, 15, 16, 17 yr olds in my world, for thrilling experiences are stealing very expensive cars from homes and driving them at speed around city and suburbs at night...eventually chased by the cops.

Because the said children just walk out the door and there's nothing the parents can do to stop them.
Parents are charged with "deprivation of liberty" if they force the children to stay in the house.
It's the fault of the "do gooders", PC, "everyone in the world is a lovely person" brigade.
God but I would hate to live in the nasty, hateful fearful world of your mind.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32077 on: November 23, 2022, 12:45:01 PM »

Colorado shooter clearly needed help from a mental health professional

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/23/us/colorado-springs-club-q-shooting-wednesday/index.html

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32078 on: November 23, 2022, 01:59:23 PM »

His victims needed a country with better gun laws.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32079 on: November 23, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »

His victims needed absolute security at the club's entry.
6ft 6" Samoans in special uniforms, with guns, dogs and batons for example.
 A metal detector entry door.
Something fair dinkum, something a lot scary...where you know that if you try anything bad you'll have your guts splattered all over the street...or be bashed down to half your height by a baton-wielding muscleman.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32080 on: November 23, 2022, 02:35:08 PM »

God but I would hate to live in the nasty, hateful fearful world of your mind.

Parents should be able to force their children to stay home, within the confines of the family home if everything is normal, no child abuse etc.
One mom built a "jail cell" in her living room and locked her drugs-loving teen son in it...to keep him safe.
Son wanted to be locked in it so he couldn't be tempted to buy drugs.
Comfy bed, devices, good food in the cell.
But oh no, can't be keeping your children safe .....mom was charged with deprivation of liberty.

A father went to a red light district and "dragged" his precious 16 yr daughter home...to save her from harm.
No, can't do that...that is a crime.
He was similarly charged by the cops.
What people in their right minds would have children these days.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:09:44 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32081 on: November 23, 2022, 03:38:22 PM »

Bambu I like how you are going about systematically proving definitively that there is no topic in the universe on which you are credible or qualified to speak.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32082 on: November 23, 2022, 04:40:05 PM »

Fox News crime segments before Election Day

Rape, murder, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder, yeah, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

Crime segments post Election Day..

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/foxs-coverage-violent-crime-has-dropped-after-midterms
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32083 on: November 24, 2022, 07:50:25 PM »

Karine Jean Pierre Insists it is Not Her Job To Answer Questions Like Some Sort Of Press Secretary

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32084 on: November 24, 2022, 07:58:33 PM »

Bambu I like how you are going about systematically proving definitively that there is no topic in the universe on which you are credible or qualified to speak.

Here's what little darlings parents are not allowed to forcibly keep at home are allegedly doing;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11460685/Three-teenagers-arrested-alleged-crime-spree-Sydneys-southwest-armed-gun-machete.html

A gun, a machete and a stolen Audi: Inside the alleged late-night crime spree of three teenagers accused of holding a firearm to a young woman's head and terrorising a dozen suburban homes

#####

Three teenagers aged 13,14,17 have been arrested over the alleged crime spree.
Tough gun laws are useless...you still get a gun held to your head.
This type of thing might be commonplace in Chicago etc, but it's not in my world....but is becoming more common, the stealing luxury cars part.

Parents should be able to chain their children to their beds or lock them in 'jail cells with bars' in their living rooms...nice bed, good food, toilet, devices...so they can't be going on terrorising crime sprees.
This lot arrested are behind the govt man's bars for now, last I heard.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:12:03 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 2924