Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 2785

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652294 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32085 on: November 24, 2022, 08:43:08 PM »

Your mother should chain you far from any internet connected device. I agree with you there. In your hands such things have proven to require more responsibility than you can muster.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32087 on: November 25, 2022, 04:11:34 AM »

Your mother should chain you far from any internet connected device. I agree with you there. In your hands such things have proven to require more responsibility than you can muster.

My mother passed away 37 years ago.

Padded, comfortable chains, long length to reach from the bed to the bathroom....that is

Got any better ideas to forcibly keep the children at home at night?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32088 on: November 25, 2022, 12:41:53 PM »

Padded, comfortable chains, long length to reach from the bed to the bathroom....that is

Raise them from babes to respect the family and themselves you will not have to FORCIBLY keep them home at night.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32089 on: November 25, 2022, 01:53:23 PM »

Raise them from babes to respect the family and themselves you will not have to FORCIBLY keep them home at night.

Easier said than done.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32090 on: November 25, 2022, 02:09:52 PM »

It looks like you will have to chain yourself to a wall then. Go ahead. Hop to it.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32091 on: November 25, 2022, 03:25:04 PM »

Has anybody else noticed that Bambu, who professes to be a strong Christian (and who I am to argue) proposes to address all the problems in the world with violence and sheer muscle?  Bad people out there?  Have a gun on you at all times (preferably two) cocked and ready to fire.  Bad children?  Chain them up! Rogue countries with bad intentions?  Hit them with missiles and if necessary "nukes".  "Invaders" from foreign lands?  Walls and those cocked guns ready to fire. 

Well, I'm no Christian and I'm sure one can always argue that Bambu's proposed actions are mere self-defense, but "love" which I thought was supposed to be part of any Christian's arsenal seems to never be part of any of his musings.  Only fear, paranoia and hatred.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32092 on: November 25, 2022, 04:09:05 PM »

Easier said than done.

Exactly.

It is hard and joyful work.

You should know that when you sign up.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32093 on: November 25, 2022, 04:14:41 PM »

Has anybody else noticed that Bambu, who professes to be a strong Christian (and who I am to argue) proposes to address all the problems in the world with violence and sheer muscle?  Bad people out there?  Have a gun on you at all times (preferably two) cocked and ready to fire.  Bad children?  Chain them up! Rogue countries with bad intentions?  Hit them with missiles and if necessary "nukes".  "Invaders" from foreign lands?  Walls and those cocked guns ready to fire. 

Well, I'm no Christian and I'm sure one can always argue that Bambu's proposed actions are mere self-defense, but "love" which I thought was supposed to be part of any Christian's arsenal seems to never be part of any of his musings.  Only fear, paranoia and hatred.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32094 on: November 25, 2022, 06:36:23 PM »

Ah yes, "love".

You love Islamic State terrorists?... and others who would do America/Americans harm?
You would've loved Nazi Germany, Japan and Italy in WW2?
You love those who blew up NYC?

In movies based on true stories I see men, women, boys, girls, in America bashed senseless, raped, murdered by the bad people...because they were unarmed and too trusting of neighbours and strangers.

If I owned a school, niteclub, church, no one would just be able to walk in and shoot or stab people inside.
Proper security would prevent them.

Do you have Chinese warships cruising along your coastlines within sight of land?
I do.

Aussie guy in Texas was in his home with his American wife and child, asleep.
He awoke to noise and went to kitchen to investigate, words and bare hands his only defences.
He was shot dead by the intruders.
An AR15 set to 'auto' would likely have seen the intruders dead and he still alive.

Marvellous isn't it...Australia signs the AUKUS alliance, has the ANZUS Alliance, signs the QUAD partnership...will be getting nuke-powered (and nuke missile capable) subs, is buying more US war planes, having US B52 bombers stationed on its soil, etc...and next minute there's a "conference of militaries" announced between China and Australia.

"Political power grows out of the barrell of a gun" - Chairman MAO

I would add "personal power" to Chairnan Mao's statement.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 06:39:39 PM by bambu. »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32095 on: November 25, 2022, 07:33:44 PM »

Ah yes, "love".

Luke 23:34:

But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

1 Timothy 2:1-2:

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32096 on: November 25, 2022, 07:41:44 PM »

Ah yes, "love".

You love Islamic State terrorists?... and others who would do America/Americans harm?
You would've loved Nazi Germany, Japan and Italy in WW2?
You love those who blew up NYC?

In movies based on true stories I see men, women, boys, girls, in America bashed senseless, raped, murdered by the bad people...because they were unarmed and too trusting of neighbours and strangers.

If I owned a school, niteclub, church, no one would just be able to walk in and shoot or stab people inside.
Proper security would prevent them.

Do you have Chinese warships cruising along your coastlines within sight of land?
I do.

Aussie guy in Texas was in his home with his American wife and child, asleep.
He awoke to noise and went to kitchen to investigate, words and bare hands his only defences.
He was shot dead by the intruders.
An AR15 set to 'auto' would likely have seen the intruders dead and he still alive.

Marvellous isn't it...Australia signs the AUKUS alliance, has the ANZUS Alliance, signs the QUAD partnership...will be getting nuke-powered (and nuke missile capable) subs, is buying more US war planes, having US B52 bombers stationed on its soil, etc...and next minute there's a "conference of militaries" announced between China and Australia.

"Political power grows out of the barrell of a gun" - Chairman MAO

I would add "personal power" to Chairnan Mao's statement.
Bambu has a valid point.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32097 on: November 25, 2022, 08:26:14 PM »

There's some hope;

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/china-and-australia-on-verge-of-first-military-talks-since-2019-20221122-p5c0h0

Mr Marles said he wanted to avoid overestimating China"s willingness, but there had been a notable shift since June.

"I think there is a change in tone and mood and that's important. We both remarked on the degree to which we've come a fair way over the last few months in trying to stabilise the relationship and put it in a better place," he said.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 08:30:55 PM by bambu. »

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32098 on: November 25, 2022, 08:51:19 PM »

Australian industrialist who is trying to make amends and help bring the hydrogen economy. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/2022/11/24/twiggy-forrest-green-hydrogen/

Here's a paywall free screenshot...

https://archive.ph/fEAX1

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 2785