Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653800 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32250 on: December 10, 2022, 09:35:02 PM »

Probably the least surprising thing in politics lately is that Republicans and RedDickJimmEspn would object to Biden securing the release of an American wrongly held by a foreign government especially when the person is: a. Black b. Female c. Outapoken about how the Country treats African Americans, d. A lesbian and e. that foreign government holds on to a white male.

It would only be slightly less surprising to see the Republicans and RedDickJimmEspn be critical of Biden NOT securing her release. And in a close third in terms of unsurprising is the Comically Transparent Partisan Hack deciding the definition of "real journalism" is publishing an article he agrees with. What a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Feel better?
I posted the feelings of people in the Biden administration about their opinion that the swap was uneven and reported by the usually biased in-house publication of the Administration.
I see why you are upset.
But do you level the same criticism of me also at the BidenAdministration people who were sources for the Post Article? We all know that answer.
And, of course, you cannot make any argument without gratuitous insults.
It does not bother me since the facts of the story are in the Post!
For a change.
Probably the least surprising thing in politics lately is that Republicans and RedDickJimmEspn would object to Biden securing the release of an American wrongly held by a foreign government especially when the person is: a. Black b. Female c. Outapoken about how the Country treats African Americans, d. A lesbian and e. that foreign government holds on to a white male.
You might want to direct your faux racism charges against the Biden Administration.
I have not objected to the swap.
But they have.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32251 on: December 10, 2022, 09:38:18 PM »

You seem confused. Perhaps you should reread my post.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32252 on: December 10, 2022, 09:44:42 PM »

Has Red thanked President Biden for the drop in gas prices yet?

If he has, I do not recall seeing it anywhere.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32253 on: December 10, 2022, 09:56:42 PM »

You might want to direct your faux racism charges against the Biden Administration.
But they have

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32254 on: December 10, 2022, 10:26:14 PM »

But they have
I see you did not take my advice. Too bad, though I do realize comprehending the written word is not your strong suit.

- William of Baskerville

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32255 on: December 10, 2022, 10:37:39 PM »

But they have
I see you did not take my advice. Too bad, though I do realize comprehending the written word is not your strong suit.
But they have

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32256 on: December 11, 2022, 12:44:00 AM »

Of course they have, all those named sources.

Classic.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #32257 on: December 11, 2022, 10:08:44 AM »

things are heating up at the border;
Arizona Gov. Ducey stacks containers on border at term
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32258 on: December 11, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »

Nolite te bastardes stercore super terram....

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/trail-oil-keystone-pipelines-history-oil-spills-2022-12-08/

You'd think, in the 21st century, they could build better pipelines than that.
As renewables can't yet replace oil, gas, petrol etc...the pipeline is necessary to fuel America's industry, homes, cars, trucks, and heaters in the RVs of van-lifers.

Charging stations for EV's have to be built yet...they must all be under cover...one guy on Youtube charged his car in the rain, water went down the charging hose into the car and caused it to stop charging.

one guy on YouTube

I expect the rain canopy is coming.  Apparently gas stations already have them so water doesn't get into your gas tank. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32259 on: December 11, 2022, 10:28:09 AM »

Every irrigation canal in the Central Valley can be covered in solar panels that feed municipal scale batteries while preventing the needless evaporation of our precious water.

The brilliance of that kind of problem solving is what Cali needs to keep subsidizing.  If we want both almonds and clean energy..
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32260 on: December 11, 2022, 10:34:16 AM »

It would only be slightly less surprising to see the Republicans and RedDickJimmEspn be critical of Biden NOT securing her release. And in a close third in terms of unsurprising is the Comically Transparent Partisan Hack deciding the definition of "real journalism" is publishing an article he agrees with. What a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.

I've seen how the Griner story just shoveled a ton of fuel into the culture war.  It's unfortunate that the traded US prisoner was such a monster, in that it feeds the RW outrage machine.  I think there are moderates outside the Faux bubble who also were disappointed by the trade, and not in a way disparaging Ms Griner's worth as a person. 

But yes, the Tuckers went straight for Griner as "hates America" and then on to hagiography of Whelan. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32261 on: December 11, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »

But yes, the Tuckers went straight for Griner as "hates America" and then on to hagiography of Whelan.

That is simply not true.
The criticism is bi partisan. Consider that Biden Administration officials themselves called the swap madness!

As for right wing RAGE consider what the criticism is.
This move to appease Vladimir Putin will only encourage further hostage taking by Russian security forces,said Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), the House Armed Services Committee ranking member. While I welcome the release of Brittney Griner, I cannot help but think about Paul Whelan as he has apparently been abandoned by the Biden administration.

The fact of the matter Biden acted out of weakness and used lies to cover it up.
Andrea Mitchell of NBC reported that Biden had a choice of Whelan or Griner. A day later NBC scrubbed the story to fall in with the White House line it was Griner or no one
The decision was made early in the week but not announced until after the Georgia run-off election. Think about that.

As for the Griner being a lesbian and person of color it was the left who championed those credentials.
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre spoke of Griner being an important role model for the LGBT and Black communities.
But it is also factual to point out Griner is a harsh critic of the USA and refuses to recognize our national anthem and wants it banned from sporting events.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32262 on: December 11, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »

Harsh critic
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32263 on: December 11, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »

If Rodgers decides to do some honest work and support the United States and not oppose the best President of his lifetime, Whalen will shortly come home.

His party affiliation might make that problematic and he will likely do more things in office that will directly or indirectly make Whalen suffer more.

To identify as a republican is to suck catastrophically as anyone who follows the news can attest,

http://www.salon.com/2022/12/11/a-prayer-before-dying-on-the-partys-terminal-illness/

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32264 on: December 11, 2022, 03:31:00 PM »

Interesting the way RedDickJimmEspn examples the exact opposite of the point he thinks he is making.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 ... 2787