Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 2798

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660504 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32565 on: January 07, 2023, 04:06:15 PM »

He is a big time pot lobbyist, by far the pinnacle of his checkered career.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32566 on: January 07, 2023, 08:18:02 PM »

I am 47

Tell us again about when you were listening to the Lions game when Chuck Hughes died.  In 1971.

😂

I am 47

Tell us again about when you were listening to the Lions game when Chuck Hughes died.  In 1971.

😂

What is to tell.?
You can find it all on Wikipedia.
Wikipedia? You posted this:

quote author=Espnthree link=topic=8.msg222321#msg222321 date=1672780961]
That was frightening last night. I remember listening to the game when Chuck Hughes died.
Me, too.
There was only about a minute left in the game so it did not cause much of a stir when the game went on.
Nice Google search.
Very popular today. Asshole.
Sorry.
I actually listened to game.
Van Patrick and Bob Reynolds, WJR.
Then I wrote my script for my evening sportscast in Toledo.
The game was not televised.
[/quote]
This is impossible to reconcile with your claim to be 47.

The issue is not that you so not care what others think about you it is that you do not care whether you lie or not, even over an inconsequential matter. That, not that your opinions is different or you do not care what people think, is why people recognize your statements are worthless. It is not what people think of you. It is what you ARE. An intellectually dishonest proven liar.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32567 on: January 07, 2023, 08:52:36 PM »

The issue is not that you so not care what others think about you it is that you do not care whether you lie or not, even over an inconsequential matter. That, not that your opinions is different or you do not care what people think, is why people recognize your statements are worthless. It is not what people think of you. It is what you ARE. An intellectually dishonest proven liar.
I had to edit past your poor formatting.
If my postings are worthless why do you respond?
Disagreeing with you is never lying.
Calling me a liar is a crutch you use when facts get in YOUR way.
That and your crude insults when you have no adequate reply.
I do not respond in kind.
And I will never stop offering counter arguments based on facts.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32568 on: January 07, 2023, 09:17:20 PM »

Hakeem Jeffries, the  new minority leader in the House,  rambled on for 15 minutes this morning with a litany of undeserved praise of the deposed democrat control of the House while falsely labeling the GOP guilty of
"autocracy," "bigotry," "fascism" and "voter suppression.

I watched it.
He embarrassed the dems.
They deserved it.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32569 on: January 07, 2023, 09:50:52 PM »

In  December of 2018 the Department of Justice amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to clarify that bump-stock-type devices meaning bump fire stocks, slide-fire devices, and devices with certain similar characteristics  are machine guns  as defined by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968 because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.

On January 6, 2022, the Fifth Circuit handed down a 13-3 decision against the ATF bump stock ban. (FUCKING 13-3)

Judge Jennifer Walker Elrod wrote the majority opinion, noting a focused push to ban bump stocks following the October 1, 2017, Las Vegas attack. Bump stocks were used on some of the numerous firearms possessed by the Las Vegas attacker.

Elrod wrote:

Public pressure to ban bump stocks was tremendous. Multiple bills to that effect were introduced in both houses of Congress. But before they could be considered in earnest, ATF published the regulation at issue here, short circuiting the legislative process. Appellant Michael Cargill surrendered several bump stocks to the Government following publication of the regulation at issue. He now challenges the legality of that regulation, arguing that a bump stock does not fall within the definition of  a machine gun.

Additionally, Elrod explained that the court majority found the ATF bump stock ban violated the rule of lenity by imposing criminal liability on people who had legally purchased a product against which there was no law.

Elrod wrote:

A rich legal tradition supports the well known rule that  penal laws are to be construed strictly .
As Chief Justice Marshall explained long ago, the rule is founded on the tenderness of the law for the rights of individuals; and on the plain principle that the power of punishment is vested in the legislative, not in the judicial department. It is the legislature, not the Court, which is to define a crime, and ordain its punishment.

A reminder that the Constitution means what it says.
I am not at all confident Joe Biden has a clue.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 10:04:50 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32570 on: January 07, 2023, 09:56:09 PM »

It looks like Red fell asleep and has left us hanging.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32571 on: January 07, 2023, 10:07:17 PM »

Red gleefully cheers any decision that ups the body counts of his fellow incels when one by one they inevitably snaps.

He floods his catheter at the thought of a Black man or a Black woman being in charge of anything, but the thought of children and bystanders lying dead in our streets always gives him a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Red is gunning for the title of peak horrid cunt.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32572 on: January 07, 2023, 10:25:46 PM »

Say what?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32573 on: January 07, 2023, 10:33:28 PM »

Say what?

Your edits bore me.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32574 on: January 07, 2023, 10:37:36 PM »

Say what?

Your edits bore me.
Not surprising. It is a frequent lament of a nihilist.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32575 on: January 07, 2023, 10:40:00 PM »

Straight for the lettuces mouth, there is no obstacle this congress can overcome.

I believe him.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32576 on: January 07, 2023, 10:43:09 PM »

I am 100% certain that Red has no idea what "nihilism" means.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32577 on: January 07, 2023, 10:50:23 PM »

I am 100% certain that Red has no idea what "nihilism" means.
LOL
But you do, and you are pissed I called you out.
Why do you post here?
You obviously do not belong.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32578 on: January 07, 2023, 11:00:08 PM »

I post here because you amuse me.  Your calling me a "nihilist" when you have no idea what it means ("it's a big word, I got him now honey!!!") reinforces that amusement.  I do agree with you that I don't belong here.   

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32579 on: January 07, 2023, 11:10:10 PM »

I post here because you amuse me.  Your calling me a "nihilist" when you have no idea what it means ("it's a big word, I got him now honey!!!") reinforces that amusement.  I do agree with you that I don't belong here.
Then what definition of nihilism do you adhere to?
Your posts are self evident of the classic definition.
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 2798