Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499261 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32985 on: January 27, 2023, 06:18:54 PM »

The republicans will nominate someone with obvious mental damage that renders them dangerously dysfunctional as a human being. They will lie about him, his opponent, and the results of the election while committing myriad acts of terrorism along the way. It is what they always do now. This is why the republicans as a criminal organization should be wrapped up, shut down and put away.

One day they'll find a sharp person with all the qualities I listed.
De Santis could be a candidate...is he sharp?
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32986 on: January 27, 2023, 06:19:52 PM »

Ben Carson should not be President for the same reason he should not be the pilot on your next cross country flight. And many, many more reasons beyond that. All of which were apparent by March of 2016.

I saw him at the National Prayer Breakfast in2013 and I was shocked.

My sister has been best friends with Pat Schmoke for decades. As result my spouse and I were invited to many Baltimore events during Mayor Kurt Scmoke term. Dr. Carson was usually the center of attention especially after Gifted Hands autobiography came out. That man is long gone.

When he ripped on Obama being raised white and went full on MAGA folks were just sad. I must have given out 20 copies of Gifted Hands back in the 90s

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32987 on: January 27, 2023, 06:20:28 PM »

What does any of that have to do with Ben Carson running for President?

Facilitatorn asked who were some Republicans who could run in 2024, so I named a couple of good honest Republicans who could run in 2024, Dr Ben Carson, and Condoleezza Rice, are two good honest Republicans who could run for President in 2024.

Salute,

Tony V.
Neither of whom have given any indication that they believe in the same things you advocate.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32988 on: January 27, 2023, 06:26:36 PM »

The republicans will nominate someone with obvious mental damage that renders them dangerously dysfunctional as a human being. They will lie about him, his opponent, and the results of the election while committing myriad acts of terrorism along the way. It is what they always do now. This is why the republicans as a criminal organization should be wrapped up, shut down and put away.

Oh, definitely. As in "card sharp". Or this definition from Merriam Webster:

2 d. keen in attention to one's own interest sometimes to the point of being unethical

a sharp trader

also : CORRUPT, UNETHICAL

sharp business practices

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32989 on: January 27, 2023, 08:56:24 PM »

2 d. keen in attention to one's own interest sometimes to the point of being unethical

a sharp trader

sharp business practices

Pretty much Joe Biden without  the sharpness.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32990 on: January 27, 2023, 09:15:50 PM »

Yeah. He has just bluntly gotten done what the American people want their President to do. Blunt and inexorable, that is our Joe.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32991 on: January 28, 2023, 09:29:24 AM »

a sharp trader

sharp business practices

Pretty much Joe Biden without  the sharpness.

Biden just keeps punking the GOP and taking their lunch money.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #32992 on: January 28, 2023, 12:48:27 PM »

Yeah. He has just bluntly gotten done what the American people want their President to do. Blunt and inexorable, that is our Joe.

Neatly put. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32993 on: January 28, 2023, 01:31:53 PM »

Five fired Memphis police officers have been charged with murder in the death of Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man hospitalized after a traffic stop early this month.

Later in the story the Times points out
that the Biden Justice Department, at the agitation of activists, is opening a civil rights investigation. Prosecutors are apparently scrutinizing it under Section 242 ,a civil rights provision that makes it a crime for people acting willfully and under color of law (e.g.on-duty police officers) to deprive others of their federal civil rights.

What is the basis for believing that the police ( in this case all of them black)beat Nichols to his death because he was a black man?

The officers all have been fired and charged with second degree murder under Tennessee law, which can result in a death penalty or life imprisonment.
First degree murder requires malice aforethought.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:34:56 PM by Espnthree »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #32994 on: January 28, 2023, 01:40:12 PM »

The majority do not want open borders and amnesty and the huge strain it causes. Dr. Ben seemed to agree with all crazy Donald said about the pandemic. Not a problem. Obama I thought did a very nice job being a centrist and staying removed from the loonie fringes in his party that sleepy Joe seems to embrace. No, open borders and amnesty does not work just ask Mayor Adams.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32995 on: January 28, 2023, 04:30:56 PM »

Five fired Memphis police officers have been charged with murder in the death of Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man hospitalized after a traffic stop early this month.

Later in the story the Times points out
that the Biden Justice Department, at the agitation of activists, is opening a civil rights investigation. Prosecutors are apparently scrutinizing it under Section 242 ,a civil rights provision that makes it a crime for people acting willfully and under color of law (e.g.on-duty police officers) to deprive others of their federal civil rights.

What is the basis for believing that the police ( in this case all of them black)beat Nichols to his death because he was a black man?

The officers all have been fired and charged with second degree murder under Tennessee law, which can result in a death penalty or life imprisonment.
First degree murder requires malice aforethought.

The The enforcers of caste come in every color, creed and gender. One does not have to be in the dominant caste to do its bidding.

Isabel Wilkerson

- From Caste:

The Origin of Our Discontents
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:34:50 PM by LarryB! »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #32996 on: January 28, 2023, 04:50:29 PM »

In fact, the most potent instrument of the caste system is a sentinel at every rung, whose identity forswears any accusation of discrimination and helps keep the caste system humming.   

One thing about succeeding at stigmatizing a social group is that there will be a portion of that group who:

A. Believe in the stigma.

and

B. Believe themselves to be elevated in some way that sheds that stigma.

I know that happened with the Irish.  So soon as some families were pulled out of poverty, they immediately set about looking down on the "shanty irish" and treating them with contempt.   They in turn were labeled by the dominant WASP culture as "two toilet Irish" or more politely as "lace curtain Irish."
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32997 on: January 28, 2023, 05:18:01 PM »

In fact, the most potent instrument of the caste system is a sentinel at every rung, whose identity forswears any accusation of discrimination and helps keep the caste system humming.   

One thing about succeeding at stigmatizing a social group is that there will be a portion of that group who:

and

I know that happened with the Irish.  So soon as some families were pulled out of poverty, they immediately set about looking down on the "shanty irish" and treating them with contempt.   They in turn were labeled by the dominant WASP culture as "two toilet Irish" or more politely as "lace curtain Irish."

From an episode of Law and Order:

A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael : Why is everyone afraid of this woman?
D.A. Adam Schiff : Reginas (Mulroney) favorite joke. The difference between lace curtain Irish and shanty Irish...
Jack McCoy : Lace curtain Irish move the dishes before they piss in the kitchen sink.
D.A. Adam Schiff : Yeah. She's shanty Irish and proud of it.
Jack McCoy : And so am I.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32998 on: January 28, 2023, 05:18:32 PM »

and

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32999 on: January 28, 2023, 06:15:44 PM »

Excuses seem to be being offered for the Black cops who killed Tyre Nichols, [who .....in that photo of him in the grey trousers, grey vest, long sleeve shirt and tie, ...except for his face of color .....looked like me in 1964 when I first started in the work force, except that my shirt was white and not pastel pink.]

Caste system?
Looks more like pure 'revenge' thuggery by angry cops...so angry they forgot about their body cameras.

Would such excuses be in any way accepted if the cops were White?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:23:25 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2198 2199 [2200] 2201 2202 ... 2718