Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2508 2509 [2510] 2511 2512 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762888 times)

Herpes Trismegistus

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #37635 on: November 07, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »

Haley is polling stronger against Biden in a head to head than Trump.  A rational political party would throw all its weight behind her (I'm hearing people around here in my uber-Red state calling her "the sane one"), but of course the GOP is now a cult and will follow Trump in his  death spiral.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37636 on: November 07, 2023, 03:29:28 PM »

News analysis

The Obama strategy of pressuring Israel and indulging the Palestinians made no progress toward peace. A 2009 10 Israeli settlement freeze was shrugged off. John Kerry shuttled around, banging his head against the wall called the peace process.
Mr. Obama s parting shiv enabling a United Nations Security Council resolution that condemned the Jewish state and undermined its claim to Jerusalem did nothing for Palestinians but indulge the fantasy that U.S. pressure on Israel will obviate the need for them to compromise.

If everyone is responsible for this war, as Mr. Obama says, then Hamas becomes only one guilty party among many, and Oct. 7 a mere link in a long causal chain. Blame shifts to Israel. As the U.N. secretary general put it,  the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.
But if anyone has been complicit in enabling Hamas  atrocities, Barack Obama has.

Elliot Kaufman
WSJ Nov5, 2023

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37637 on: November 07, 2023, 04:27:01 PM »

Haley is polling stronger against Biden in a head to head than Trump.  A rational political party would throw all its weight behind her (I'm hearing people around here in my uber-Red state calling her "the sane one"), but of course the GOP is now a cult and will follow Trump in his  death spiral.

Trump-Haley ticket sounds good.
People would vote for that.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37638 on: November 07, 2023, 05:00:24 PM »

These people

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37639 on: November 07, 2023, 05:02:36 PM »

News analysis

The Obama strategy of pressuring Israel and indulging the Palestinians made no progress toward peace. A 2009 10 Israeli settlement freeze was shrugged off. John Kerry shuttled around, banging his head against the wall called the peace process.
Mr. Obama s parting shiv enabling a United Nations Security Council resolution that condemned the Jewish state and undermined its claim to Jerusalem did nothing for Palestinians but indulge the fantasy that U.S. pressure on Israel will obviate the need for them to compromise.

If everyone is responsible for this war, as Mr. Obama says, then Hamas becomes only one guilty party among many, and Oct. 7 a mere link in a long causal chain. Blame shifts to Israel. As the U.N. secretary general put it,  the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.
But if anyone has been complicit in enabling Hamas  atrocities, Barack Obama has.

Elliot Kaufman
WSJ Nov5, 2023
Typical WSJ opinion page horse shit.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #37640 on: November 07, 2023, 05:04:43 PM »

Not when Trump gets convicted. And given the comments Haley has made about the notoriously vain and petty ass hat Trump, it will not happen.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37641 on: November 07, 2023, 05:06:31 PM »

News analysis

Elliot Kaufman
WSJ Nov5, 2023
Please point out the factual errors then.
Here is a hint,
There are none.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37642 on: November 07, 2023, 05:10:46 PM »

Not when Trump gets convicted.
Good.  Then Haley could head the ticket and with a potential of at least 300 electoral votes.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37643 on: November 07, 2023, 05:23:18 PM »

---Nikki Haley
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #37644 on: November 07, 2023, 05:25:05 PM »

News analysis

Elliot Kaufman
WSJ Nov5, 2023
Here is a hint,
There are none.
Factual? It is an opinion piece. The opinions are bull shit and the characterization of the facts are bull shit. I have bolded all of the bull shit opinions and mischaracterizing of facts for you.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #37645 on: November 07, 2023, 05:28:18 PM »

Not when Trump gets convicted.
Good.  Then Haley could head the ticket and with a potential of at least 300 electoral votes.
That seems to me the Repo best case scenario: that the Trump VP jumps in after the convictions.  But I doubt it will a. be Haley who refuses to lick quite enough spittle for Trump; and b. Happen. Because Trump will not withdraw even if convicted.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 05:37:05 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37646 on: November 07, 2023, 05:46:04 PM »

Nikki is not running with the Donald. She has already distanced herself in statements. You really would have to be a down and out token to run with him. Talking about tokenism;
DHS employee, Newja Ali, has a documented history of making virulently antisemitic, pro-Hamas statements, including in the immediate aftermath of Hamas attack. She is a woman and a member of a religious minority. Good enough for sleepy Joe. Reminds one of the bozos Obama brought in.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 05:50:39 PM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37647 on: November 07, 2023, 05:52:19 PM »

News analysis

Elliot Kaufman
WSJ Nov5, 2023
Here is a hint,
There are none.
Factual? It is an opinion piece. The opinions are bull shit and the characterization of the facts are bull shit. I have bolded all of the bull shit opinions and mischaracterizing of facts for you.

LOL! Everything you bolded is a fact.
You just don

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #37648 on: November 07, 2023, 05:57:36 PM »

I only see Wards posts when they are quoted (and often skip them anyway) and then try to maintain a nonresponse rule.  On this one, however, I can say that, whatever the content, whatever its dearth of facts, it is blindingly irrelevant to what is happening  now. 

Blaming individuals for the Palestinian situation is a nearly infinite regress back past Ben Gurion, Balfour, the sultans of the Mamluk dynasty, the Crusades and...what have the Romans ever done for us??

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #37649 on: November 07, 2023, 06:06:37 PM »

....Newja Ali, has a documented history of making virulently antisemitic, pro Hamas statements, including in the immediate aftermath of Hamas attack. She is a woman and a member of a religious minority. Good enough for sleepy Joe. Reminds one of the bozos Obama brought in.

So we can get back in the realm of facts, I am asking what she has said that is antisemitic.  Recall that anti Israeli Far Right leadership is not antisemitism.  (pro Hamas, however, is very likely to incorporate antisemitism given its charter and stated intentions)  A source for your quotes is helpful?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 2508 2509 [2510] 2511 2512 ... 2929