Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760857 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #37950 on: November 23, 2023, 04:30:43 PM »

Bambu is an ardent campaigner against human rights. He is a tireless advocate for the constant brutal intimidation of a police state. It will not solve any of his problems but it will spread misery which I guess he feels is some kind of net win for him.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37951 on: November 23, 2023, 04:33:26 PM »

Saved by the bell, 4 day truce for the little ones. IDF will be sure to check out the hole they climb out of.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37952 on: November 23, 2023, 04:45:56 PM »

Bambu is an ardent campaigner against human rights. He is a tireless advocate for the constant brutal intimidation of a police state. It will not solve any of his problems but it will spread misery which I guess he feels is some kind of net win for him.

Of note is that the Palestinian refugees in Gaza and West Bank can't understand why their neighbours Jordan and Egypt refuse to take them.
As do all the many other Arab nations in the region.

Obviously the only way to protect one's homelanf from terror, invasion, and enslavement is to rule it with an 'iron fist'.
Secure borders, massive military, heavily armed population, tough anti-terror laws...and very very wise immigration.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 04:48:09 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37953 on: November 23, 2023, 07:08:28 PM »

Yes matey they murder raped a modern nation state. Leaders promised them paradise? This is the 21st century already. Israel left them alone in 2005. Looking at pix of the little ones killed or taken away, heart rendering.
I realize you have difficulty imagining yourself in even your own shoes.

Putting myself in their shoes, I would realise that I don't have an air force, and Israel does.
Motorised hang gliders v fighter/ bomber jets.
Small rockets v big rockets.
They need to do more research before they go poking larger and more capable opponents.
They should try peace, love and harmony instead.
World is full of underequiped undermanned forces winning through the tactics available to them, if only through patience and endurance.

And try to think, for once, not as a fearfully shitting 70 year old white man cowering from everyone darkerskinned in a concrete bunker on the outskirts of Alice Springs, but as a 70 year old Palestinian man who has spent his entire life in a long term simmering war with a force that has penned you into a small, poverty ridden, service deficient prisonish stretch of land after stealing your land. You would view 10/7 not as the thing that started it, but a flare up of a battle you have been fighting for decades. And you would probably have lost, or know people who have lost, children and spouses and other noncombatants in that war, and to Israel. And because Hamas is different inside Gaza than outside, you would view it like a late 19th century city political machine: where you go to get jobs, supplies, help. The people who run your infrastructure and social services.

Deliberate terror attacks against deliberately chosen noncombatants is an atrocity that is rightfully punished, but before you condemn the views of others, think of things from their point of view. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb in his skin and walk around in it, Scout. It is time you learned that.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #37954 on: November 23, 2023, 08:56:06 PM »

Yes matey they murder raped a modern nation state. Leaders promised them paradise? This is the 21st century already. Israel left them alone in 2005. Looking at pix of the little ones killed or taken away, heart rendering.

Putting myself in their shoes, I would realise that I don't have an air force, and Israel does.
They need to do more research before they go poking larger and more capable opponents.
World is full of underequiped undermanned forces winning through the tactics available to them, if only through patience and endurance.

And try to think, for once, not as a fearfully shitting 70 year old white man cowering from everyone darkerskinned in a concrete bunker on the outskirts of Alice Springs, but as a 70 year old Palestinian man who has spent his entire life in a long term simmering war with a force that has penned you into a small, poverty ridden, service deficient prisonish stretch of land after stealing your land. You would view 10/7 not as the thing that started it, but a flare up of a battle you have been fighting for decades. And you would probably have lost, or know people who have lost, children and spouses and other noncombatants in that war, and to Israel. And because Hamas is different inside Gaza than outside, you would view it like a late 19th century city political machine: where you go to get jobs, supplies, help. The people who run your infrastructure and social services.

Deliberate terror attacks against deliberately chosen noncombatants is an atrocity that is rightfully punished, but before you condemn the views of others, think of things from their point of view. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb in his skin and walk around in it, Scout. It is time you learned that.
So this excerpt from To Kill a Mockingbird is hardly relevant to the issue at hand.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #37955 on: November 23, 2023, 09:11:23 PM »

In 2016, the BBC published a report which stated that the administration of United States President Jimmy Carter (1977

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter%27s_engagement_with_Ruhollah_Khomeini

The 1980 October Surprise

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/24/october-surprise-ben-barnes/
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #37956 on: November 23, 2023, 09:14:49 PM »

So this excerpt from To Kill a Mockingbird is hardly relevant to the issue at hand.

Probably not to you
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #37957 on: November 23, 2023, 10:42:30 PM »

ok, temporary peace, hostage transfer.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37958 on: November 24, 2023, 12:01:18 AM »

ok, temporary peace, hostage transfer.

In days of old...1917 to be precise.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beersheba

The Biblical site of Beersheba is Tel Be'er Sheva, lying some 4 km distant from the modern city, which was established at the start of the 20th century by the Ottomans.[3] The city was captured by the British-led Australian Light Horse troops in the Battle of Beersheba during World War I.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37959 on: November 24, 2023, 12:08:51 AM »

Battle of Beersheba 1917:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Beersheba_(1917)

German general Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein was commander of the three divisions of the Fourth Army. He further strengthened his defensive line stretching from Gaza to Beersheba after the EEF [English Expeditionary Force] defeats at the first and second battles of Gaza in March and April 1917, and received reinforcements of two divisions.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37960 on: November 24, 2023, 12:19:45 AM »

The Charge of the Australian Light Horse
at Beersheba 1917

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/ART02811

Late on 31 October 1917 the 4th Light Horse Brigade was ordered to gallop towards Beersheba and seize the town. Two regiments, the 4th and the 12th, made the charge.
This bold and successful move was one of the last major cavalry charges in history. Lambert's work depicts the impact of men and horses on the Turkish troops and trenches. A tangled mass of horses and soldiers is shown against a backdrop of barren and undulating landscape.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37961 on: November 24, 2023, 12:59:54 AM »

Before 1948, Palestine was home to a diverse population of Arabs, Jews, and Christians, as all groups had religious ties to the area, especially the city of Jerusalem.

#####

So, the "Palestinians" were Jews...and Christians [including Arabs], and Arabs [including Muslims].

Someone should tell "The river to the sea" lot marching thru the West chanting not-so-nice words.
Also tell them that if others hadn't watered Palestine with their blood, they wouldn't have what they have today.....and German general Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein and his masters would've owned/would own it all today.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 01:14:32 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37962 on: November 24, 2023, 01:26:27 AM »

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/creation-israel

Creation of Israel, 1948

Despite growing conflict between Palestinian Arabs and Palestinian Jews and despite the Department of State"s endorsement of a trusteeship, Truman ultimately
decided to recognize the state Israel.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 01:30:22 AM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #37963 on: November 24, 2023, 09:06:10 AM »

Before 1948, Palestine was home to a diverse population of Arabs, Jews, and Christians, as all groups had religious ties to the area, especially the city of Jerusalem.

#####

So, the "Palestinians" were Jews...and Christians [including Arabs], and Arabs [including Muslims].
Until the British and then the UN fucked with it. And listing Jews first gives the impression that their population was the largest. Rather, they were around 10 to 15%. The rest were.Arabs, and the vast majority Muslim.

Someone should tell "The river to the sea" lot marching thru the West chanting not-so-nice words.
Also tell them that if others hadn't watered Palestine with their blood, they wouldn't have what they have today.....and German general Friedrich Freiherr Kress von Kressenstein and his masters would've owned/would own it all today.
No they would not. The Germans were only there because they were allied with the Ottomans in The Great War. Had they won, well, no one knows what would have happened because it didn't happen, but there is no indication Germans of the Imperial era would have remained. The Ottoman Empire was called the Sick Man of Europe but it would likely have broken up organically rather than by two white European victors drawing lines through the sand with a ruler. There are times i think the world would have been so much better off had the Schliefen Plan worked.

Or better yet, had Franz Ferdinand hired a local driver. Gavrilo Princip has so much to answer for.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #37964 on: November 24, 2023, 09:31:02 AM »

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/creation-israel

Creation of Israel, 1948

Despite growing conflict between Palestinian Arabs and Palestinian Jews...
Yes, the British Mandate and the creation of Israel was not popular with the majority of the people living there. And 75 years of conflict is the result of ignoring the desires of the actual people actually living in the actual land.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 2929