Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 2716

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498834 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40035 on: March 17, 2024, 09:30:23 AM »

Schumer has simply expressed an opinion held by many of Israel's neighbors and allies.  Bibi is toxic and corrupt.  His approval rating in Israel is at 15% so perhaps many Israeli voters would also like to see someone else running the country.
LOL!
You must have grown up without an IPhone

Truly one of your most comically misdirected insults, given that I grew up in the sixties.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/only-15-israelis-want-netanyahu-keep-job-after-gaza-war-poll-finds-2024-01-02/
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40036 on: March 17, 2024, 09:45:47 AM »

Schumer has simply expressed an opinion held by many of Israel's neighbors and allies.  Bibi is toxic and corrupt.  His approval rating in Israel is at 15% so perhaps many Israeli voters would also like to see someone else running the country.
LOL!

Truly one of your most comically misdirected insults, given that I grew up in the sixties.
So I was spot on.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/only-15-israelis-want-netanyahu-keep-job-after-gaza-war-poll-finds-2024-01-02/
January?
Chuck Schumer just changed that metric.
Maybe your IPhone needs a new battery.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40037 on: March 17, 2024, 11:27:09 AM »

LOL!

So I was spot on.

January?
Chuck Schumer just changed that metric.
Maybe your IPhone needs a new battery.

You have a soft spot for corrupt leaders who are lax enough about security to allow the largest terrorist attacks in the history of their nations to occur on their watch.

Bibi is right up there with Shrub for you. If you thought Covid came from a lab, it would move poxy drumpf to the top of your list.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40038 on: March 17, 2024, 11:45:02 AM »

Bibi fits in with Biden and Trump as being unfit leaders, only worse. 10-7 came on his watch, going "over the top" is on him.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40039 on: March 17, 2024, 09:17:51 PM »

Bibi fits in with Biden and Trump as being unfit leaders, only worse. 10-7 came on his watch, going "over the top" is on him.

Biden is one of the most effective presidents in the modern age but one track luee only sees the menace of the primitive hordes streaming across the Southern border like zombies in World War Z.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #40040 on: March 18, 2024, 10:25:26 AM »

Oral arguments today before SCt on federal government efforts to combat health and election misinformation on social media platforms. 
As in, do these companies have a duty to curate their sites where an informed citizenry is at stake?  Opponents of federal efforts to compel that duty are trying to make it a first amendment thing.

I think the decision will be a BFD as far as determining how much of a "post-truth era" we will inhabit.  Hope the justices will bear in mind the lives that were lost due to vaccine shitposting.  Lies can kill.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40041 on: March 18, 2024, 10:58:29 AM »

Hope the justices will bear in mind the lives that were lost due to vaccine shitposting.  Lies can kill.
Escpecially when many of the lies came from the government.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40042 on: March 18, 2024, 11:06:46 AM »

Hope the justices will bear in mind the lives that were lost due to vaccine shitposting.  Lies can kill.
Like many other Trump lovers, RedDick is adamant about putting the handle back on the Broad Street pump.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40043 on: March 18, 2024, 11:26:28 AM »

Oral arguments today before SCt on federal government efforts to combat health and election misinformation on social media platforms. 
As in, do these companies have a duty to curate their sites where an informed citizenry is at stake?  Opponents of federal efforts to compel that duty are trying to make it a first amendment thing.

I think the decision will be a BFD as far as determining how much of a "post-truth era" we will inhabit.  Hope the justices will bear in mind the lives that were lost due to vaccine shitposting.  Lies can kill.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40044 on: March 18, 2024, 02:56:44 PM »

Like many other Trump lovers, RedDick is adamant about putting the handle back on the Broad Street pump.

Touche (with an accent aigu which Elba will not allow to post).

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40045 on: March 18, 2024, 03:09:56 PM »

Touche (with an accent aigu which Elba will not allow to post).
It is the favorite non sequitur for Lime( 4th time, at least)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40046 on: March 18, 2024, 03:54:49 PM »

I think we can add non sequitur to the phrases RedDick does not understand.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40047 on: March 18, 2024, 04:08:12 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-lessons-learned-four-years-later-596a9fa9?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s
And the effects of  US governments mistakes, lockdowns, school closings, mandatory vaccination, etc, is still not over.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that the lockdown unemployment shock is projected to result in 840,000 to 1.22 million excess deaths over the next 15 to 20 years, disproportionately killing women and minorities.
https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28304/w28304.pdf
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 04:11:19 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40048 on: March 18, 2024, 05:27:06 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-lessons-learned-four-years-later-596a9fa9?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s
And the effects of  US governments mistakes, lockdowns, school closings, mandatory vaccination, etc, is still not over.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that the lockdown unemployment shock is projected to result in 840,000 to 1.22 million excess deaths over the next 15 to 20 years, disproportionately killing women and minorities.
That would be... a non-peer reviewed Working Paper? One that is not an actual NBER study, but rather a study by a couple of researchers that is posted on the NBER web site? An article specifically posted exlipicitly to spur discussion and further research and not as a final word on the subject? That is what you are treating as a definitive study you intellectually dishonest buffoon?

The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Bureau of Economic Research...

NBER working papers are circulated for discussion and comment purposes. They have not been peer-reviewed or been subject to the review by the NBER Board of Directors that accompanies official NBER publications.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40049 on: March 18, 2024, 06:15:57 PM »

That would be... a non-peer reviewed Working Paper? One that is not an actual NBER study, but rather a study by a couple of researchers that is posted on the NBER web site? An article specifically posted exlipicitly to spur discussion and further research and not as a final word on the subject? That is what you are treating as a definitive study you intellectually dishonest buffoon?

The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Bureau of Economic Research...

NBER working papers are circulated for discussion and comment purposes. They have not been peer-reviewed or been subject to the review by the NBER Board of Directors that accompanies official NBER publications.
Then discuss it. Or, if you are Joe Biden, supress it.
How dare the Great Barrington Declaration be published? Remember that argument?
fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?
Good thing community leaders in London listened to him.

Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 2716