Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2669 2670 [2671] 2672 2673 ... 2719

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499422 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40050 on: March 18, 2024, 06:25:46 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-lessons-learned-four-years-later-596a9fa9?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s
And the effects of  US governments mistakes, lockdowns, school closings, mandatory vaccination, etc, is still not over.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that the lockdown unemployment shock is projected to result in 840,000 to 1.22 million excess deaths over the next 15 to 20 years, disproportionately killing women and minorities.
https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28304/w28304.pdf
That would be... a non-peer reviewed Working Paper? One that is not an actual NBER study, but rather a study by a couple of researchers that is posted on the NBER web site? An article specifically posted exlipicitly to spur discussion and further research and not as a final word on the subject? That is what you are treating as a definitive study you intellectually dishonest buffoon?

The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Bureau of Economic Research...

NBER working papers are circulated for discussion and comment purposes. They have not been peer-reviewed or been subject to the review by the NBER Board of Directors that accompanies official NBER publications.
Then discuss it. Or, if you are Joe Biden, supress it.
How dare the Great Barrington Declaration be published? Remember that argument?
fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?
Good thing community leaders in London listened to him.
Your fondness for junk science with no solid scientific basis is noted. As is the fact that both the Barrington Declaration and the working paper were published with no attempt at suppression by Biden, who was of.course only a nominee at the time of Barrington. As also is your inability to properly format.

Congratulations on finally googling Broad Street pump.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40051 on: March 18, 2024, 06:30:44 PM »

As in, do these companies have a duty to curate their sites where an informed citizenry is at stake?  Opponents of federal efforts to compel that duty are trying to make it a first amendment thing.

How do we achieve an informed society if the  government is the gatekeeper on the information society gets to see.?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40052 on: March 18, 2024, 06:43:41 PM »

The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Bureau of Economic Research...

NBER working papers are circulated for discussion and comment purposes. They have not been peer-reviewed or been subject to the review by the NBER Board of Directors that accompanies official NBER publications.
fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?
Your fondness for junk science with no solid scientific basis is noted. As is the fact that both the Barrington Declaration and the working paper were published with no attempt at suppression by Biden, who was of.course only a nominee at the time of Barrington.
I never linked Biden to suppressing the Barrington Declaration.  But it is par for the course when you use false arguments to deflect from your ignorance.

Your assumption that you are the only college graduate here is amusing.
But you might need remedial studies on words like non sequiters
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:49:05 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40053 on: March 18, 2024, 06:56:59 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?
Your fondness for junk science with no solid scientific basis is noted. As is the fact that both the Barrington Declaration and the working paper were published with no attempt at suppression by Biden, who was of.course only a nominee at the time of Barrington.
I never linked Biden to suppressing the Barrington Declaration.  But it is par for the course when you use false arguments to deflect from your ignorance.

At least I know how to spell it.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40054 on: March 18, 2024, 06:58:36 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?

like you said, it is the least you know.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40055 on: March 18, 2024, 07:22:16 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?

Yes. I know a great deal more about it beyond spelling of sequitur, as that is the least I know. Though spelling alone puts me up on you.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40056 on: March 18, 2024, 07:32:35 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?

Yes. I know a great deal more about it beyond spelling of sequitur, as that is the least I know. Though spelling alone puts me up on you.
LOL.
My, my.
You do run on.
But keep going , if only for comic relief.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40057 on: March 18, 2024, 07:53:55 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?

LOL.
My, my.
You do run on.
Why not. As long as I have you and bambu around my wit will never lack for opportunities.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40058 on: March 18, 2024, 07:58:22 PM »

fringe epidemiologists!
You mean like John Snow?

LOL.
My, my.
You do run on.
Why not. As long as I have you and bambu around my wit will never lack for opportunities.
Have at it.
But my old friend Dick Vitale correctly identified your so called WIT[/ii]

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40059 on: March 18, 2024, 08:31:30 PM »

Hope the justices will bear in mind the lives that were lost due to vaccine shitposting.  Lies can kill.
Escpecially when many of the lies came from the government.

How did that bleach treat you?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40060 on: March 18, 2024, 09:24:47 PM »

And the effects of  US governments mistakes, lockdowns, school closings, mandatory vaccination, etc, is still not over.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that the lockdown unemployment shock is projected to result in 840,000 to 1.22 million excess deaths over the next 15 to 20 years, disproportionately killing women and minorities.[/Url]

That would be... a non-peer reviewed Working Paper?

An obvious weakness of the analysis is not asking what would be the projected excess deaths in those cohorts if government had done nothing in regard to closings, lockdowns, etc.  The authors invite a meaningful statistical comparison which they then fail to make.  A good thing the CDC and allied agencies DO make such projections in crafting public health strategies. 

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40061 on: March 18, 2024, 09:43:23 PM »

As in, do these companies have a duty to curate their sites where an informed citizenry is at stake?  Opponents of federal efforts to compel that duty are trying to make it a first amendment thing.

How do we achieve an informed society if the  government is the gatekeeper on the information society gets to see.?

If it is information then society has access.  That is the entire point of having media responsibly filter out false and libelous crap.

The WH is not seeking to be the gatekeeper but rather pushing companies to act responsibly and block MISinformation, which makes for a better informed society.  If you truly believe that real information should pass freely to the people then that kind of gatekeeping is something you would support.  All responsible media engage in such filtering, to that end.  Because people do not have the time or training to factcheck everything.  Why do we know Trump lied to the American people around 30,000 times during his term?  Gatekeepers, pal.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40062 on: March 19, 2024, 03:58:49 AM »

You are scaring Red. He knows there is no place for him in a well informed society.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40063 on: March 19, 2024, 11:14:51 AM »

If it is information then society has access.  That is the entire point of having media responsibly filter out false and libelous crap.
irrelevant, immaterial, and incorrect.
Libel and slander are crimes that are ajuducated.
The WH is not seeking to be the gatekeeper but rather pushing companies to act responsibly and block MISinformation, which makes for a better informed society.  If you truly believe that real information should pass freely to the people then that kind of gatekeeping is something you would support.
except, of course, classic examples like the Barrington Project.That is information that should have been reported responsibly but was not. 
Just recently the Robert Hur report was not suppressed but should have according to you and the Biden.

Government is run by politicians who have differing policies on how to best serve their constituents. Of course they naturally would prefer to manage the information. Except in cases where certain information might be harmful to citizen lives( think Manhattan Project), D-Day) we cannot let that happen.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 11:16:45 AM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40064 on: March 19, 2024, 11:47:47 AM »

irrelevant, immaterial, and incorrect.
Libel and slander are crimes that are ajuducated.
No, they are not. They are torts, civil wrongs, not crimes.
The WH is not seeking to be the gatekeeper but rather pushing companies to act responsibly and block MISinformation, which makes for a better informed society.  If you truly believe that real information should pass freely to the people then that kind of gatekeeping is something you would support.
except, of course, classic examples like the Barrington Project.That is information that should have been reported responsibly but was not. 
It was reported on responsibly. You probably mean "uncritically" which is not the same thing.
Just recently the Robert Hur report was not suppressed but should have according to you and the Biden.
When have either indicated the Hur report should be suppressed? Never.
Government is run by politicians who have differing policies on how to best serve their constituents. Of course they naturally would prefer to manage the information. Except in cases where certain information might be harmful to citizen lives( think Manhattan Project), D-Day) we cannot let that happen.
But that is not the issue. The recent court case is about the government trying to get private media companies act as responsible gatekeepers for misinformation.
Pages: 1 ... 2669 2670 [2671] 2672 2673 ... 2719