Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498671 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40065 on: March 19, 2024, 12:02:15 PM »

Red and the deviant marauders he sides with cannot exist in an environment with responsible gatekeepers.

Republicans do not just hate an informed citizenry. They fear an informed citizenry

http://www.salon.com/2024/03/19/call-for-a-bloodbath-was-literal--lets-not-waste-time-pretending-it-was-ambiguous/

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40066 on: March 19, 2024, 12:44:50 PM »

Libel and slander are both crimes and torts but irrelevant to the issue.  Both are adjudicated with sworn testimony and jury verdicts.

The Barrington Project  was supressed even though it was critically written.

The Hur report was severely criticized by the White House Gatekeepers and would have been supressed or edited except for the decision of Merrick Garland.  Both Garland and Hur are employers of the Biden Administration.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40067 on: March 19, 2024, 12:59:34 PM »

The barrington project was quackery at its most homicidal.

The Hur report was not suppressed.

The reports clearly demonstrating Russian dominance over the republican party and Nazi billionaire subversion of the Supreme Court are being suppressed.

Red will do everything in his power to ensure nobody ever accuses him of having any credibility.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40068 on: March 19, 2024, 01:28:10 PM »

Is this for real? Donald is absolutely nuts in a senile fascist way. Biden is a senile puppet. Help! Was leaning toward Donald because of immigration stance but "bloodletting"! We are in terrible shape folks.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40069 on: March 19, 2024, 01:53:41 PM »

Is this for real? Donald is absolutely nuts in a senile fascist way. Biden is a senile puppet. Help! Was leaning toward Donald because of immigration stance but "bloodletting"! We are in terrible shape folks.

Biden is not senile. Trump is a sociopath.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40070 on: March 19, 2024, 02:34:19 PM »

Justice ketanji Brown Jackson questioning plaintiff attorneys yesterday at SCOTUS
during debate on Murthy v. Missouri, a case challenging the Biden administration coordination with Big Tech to censor certain messages.

My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods.

And so I guess some might say that the government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country, and you seem to be suggesting that that duty cannot manifest itself in the government encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information.

So can you help me? Because I am really worried about that because you have got the First Amendment operating in an environment of threatening circumstances from a government perspective, and you are saying that the government can not interact with the source of those problems.

Sounds more like a student asking questions about an amendment she knows nothing about.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40071 on: March 19, 2024, 02:44:54 PM »

I'm guessing she knows more about the First Amendment better than you do. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40072 on: March 19, 2024, 03:20:27 PM »

Libel and slander are both crimes
NO THEY FUCKING ARE NOT. I realize you have no concern for your credibility on this forum but Jesus.
and torts but irrelevant to the issue.  Both are adjudicated with sworn testimony and jury verdicts.

The Barrington Project  was supressed even though it was critically written.
No it was not surpressed. It was published. And mocked and disputed by the scientific community. Having people point out that you are full of shit is not suppressing you.

The Hur report was severely criticized by the White House Gatekeepers
It was criticized by Repos too. Criticism is not suppression.
and would have been supressed or edited except for the decision of Merrick Garland.
An assertion you do not support.
Both Garland and Hur are employers of the Biden Administration.
Employers?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40073 on: March 19, 2024, 03:21:33 PM »

Justice ketanji Brown Jackson questioning plaintiff attorneys yesterday at SCOTUS
during debate on Murthy v. Missouri, a case challenging the Biden administration coordination with Big Tech to censor certain messages.

My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods.

And so I guess some might say that the government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country, and you seem to be suggesting that that duty cannot manifest itself in the government encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information.

So can you help me? Because I am really worried about that because you have got the First Amendment operating in an environment of threatening circumstances from a government perspective, and you are saying that the government can not interact with the source of those problems.

Sounds more like a student asking questions about an amendment she knows nothing about.
Are you actually that completely ignorant about what an oral argument before a Court entails? Seriously?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40074 on: March 19, 2024, 03:42:25 PM »

On Monday, the Supreme Court held oral arguments in one of these Fifth Circuit cases, known as Murthy v Missouri, where the lower court handed down a sweeping injunction forbidding much of the federal government from having any communications at all with social media companies. A majority of the justices appeared very unlikely to sustain that injunction on Monday, with Justice Brett Kavanaugh repeatedly noting that the Fifth Circuits approach would prevent the most routine interactions between government officials and the media.... 

https://www.vox.com/scotus/2024/3/18/24104880/supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-murthy-missouri-vullo-nra-first-amendment-jawboning

(also note following paragraphs which get into how Murthy would block other normal requests from government to media regarding false content that poses threats to public safety - even conservative justices are not okay with that)

In Murthy, various officials throughout the federal government had many communications with major social media platforms, where the officials either asked the platforms to remove certain content or provided them with information that convinced the platforms to do so.

These communications concerned many topics. The FBI, for example, frequently contacts social media platforms to warn them about criminal or terroristic activity that is occurring online. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency flags social media content for the platforms that contains election related disinformation, such as false statements about when an election will take place. The White House sometimes asks social media companies to remove accounts that falsely impersonate a member of the presidents family.   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40075 on: March 19, 2024, 03:54:41 PM »

News Item

The Supreme Court on Tuesday lifted its freeze of a Texas immigration law which allows state and local law enforcement to arrest illegal immigrants and empowers state judges to deport them.
The Court  six conservative justices dismissed the Biden administration s emergency appeal, allowing the law to remain in effect while the issue is adjudicated by lower courts.

The law defenders and Texas officials have resisted the Department of Justice defenders and Texas officials have resisted the Department of Justice claims that the law usurps federal power, arguing that the recent record surge in illegal immigration constitutes an invasion which the state is empowered to repel under the State War Clause of the Constitution.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 04:04:29 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40076 on: March 19, 2024, 06:32:59 PM »

On Monday, the Supreme Court held oral arguments in one of these Fifth Circuit cases...
That always reminded me of the Borges short story, The Zahir. Much more light hearted, of course.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40077 on: March 19, 2024, 06:59:26 PM »

If we are going to fox our immigration problem we need to deport the people who hate immigrants.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40078 on: March 19, 2024, 08:21:34 PM »

On Monday, the Supreme Court held oral arguments in one of these Fifth Circuit cases...
That always reminded me of the Borges short story, The Zahir. Much more light hearted, of course.

Murthy v Missouri reminded you of a found coin that caused total obsession?  I know the story well, being a Borgesian, but not sure what your "that" referenced.  Or are you saying the 5th Circuit injunction would prevent government protecting citizens from Zahir-like objects?
Or that Red has found yet another Zahir that is consuming him?

Missouri does have tigers.... and probably astrolabes, marble column veins, some well bottoms.  Could have been one of those in the past.
Sorry to be dense.  Searching for a main circuit breaker replacement for an obscure make of load center not made for sixty years has been something of a Zahir experience today.  I think the last one was passed to a barkeep in an anonymous neighborhood by someone who didn't know where they were.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40079 on: March 19, 2024, 09:11:55 PM »

Might be time for a new box.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 2715