Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2671 2672 [2673] 2674 2675 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498638 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40080 on: March 19, 2024, 09:15:06 PM »

The adult friend finder guy just one the Ohio republican primary for Senate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40082 on: March 20, 2024, 01:10:59 AM »

News Item

The Supreme Court on Tuesday lifted its freeze of a Texas immigration law which allows state and local law enforcement to arrest illegal immigrants and empowers state judges to deport them.
The Court  six conservative justices dismissed the Biden administration s emergency appeal, allowing the law to remain in effect while the issue is adjudicated by lower courts.

The law defenders and Texas officials have resisted the Department of Justice defenders and Texas officials have resisted the Department of Justice claims that the law usurps federal power, arguing that the recent record surge in illegal immigration constitutes an invasion which the state is empowered to repel under the State War Clause of the Constitution.

Lawlessness in Texas is back on hold.

http://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/19/texas-arrest-migrants-supreme-court-mexico-border-00147825

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40083 on: March 20, 2024, 01:13:19 AM »

On Monday, the Supreme Court held oral arguments in one of these Fifth Circuit cases...
That always reminded me of the Borges short story, The Zahir. Much more light hearted, of course.

Murthy v Missouri reminded you of a found coin that caused total obsession?  I know the story well, being a Borgesian, but not sure what your "that" referenced.  Or are you saying the 5th Circuit injunction would prevent government protecting citizens from Zahir-like objects?
Or that Red has found yet another Zahir that is consuming him?

Missouri does have tigers.... and probably astrolabes, marble column veins, some well bottoms.  Could have been one of those in the past.
Sorry to be dense.  Searching for a main circuit breaker replacement for an obscure make of load center not made for sixty years has been something of a Zahir experience today.  I think the last one was passed to a barkeep in an anonymous neighborhood by someone who didn't know where they were.
The Twainian doggerel is sort of a Zahir. I
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40084 on: March 20, 2024, 06:56:52 AM »

Oh no, Sleepy Joe now wants to resettle Afgans in the US. They just get crazier and crazier.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40085 on: March 20, 2024, 07:05:53 AM »

Oh no, Luee is terrified!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40086 on: March 20, 2024, 10:39:01 AM »

Might be time for a new box.

It is.  This is a delaying tactic wherein I put in a new subpanel and move some circuits over to that.  Will be replacing the main box next year when the IRA rebate for electrical upgrades finally gets implemented by feet-dragging South Dakota. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40087 on: March 20, 2024, 10:45:22 AM »

Of course.  Wasn't thinking of my tagline.  Both Twain and Robert McCloskey borrowed it from a group of train riders who published it in the New York Tribune where Twain saw it and used it for his Literary Nightmare.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40088 on: March 20, 2024, 11:14:32 AM »

Of course.  Wasn't thinking of my tagline.  Both Twain and Robert McCloskey borrowed it from a group of train riders who published it in the New York Tribune where Twain saw it and used it for his Literary Nightmare.
You have no idea how much mental energy i wasted trying to recall the title. I recalled the story well enough but was blanking on the title for a full day. I could have Googled, sure, but I am stubborn about some things.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40089 on: March 20, 2024, 11:19:38 AM »

Oh no, Sleepy Joe now wants to resettle Afgans in the US. They just get crazier and crazier.

Afghanistan plays cricket.

Maybe Joe wants to resettle Afghans who helped America / C.O. W. countries
during the war.

"Many of the formerly-contracted Afghanistan women's cricketers fled to Australia following the Taliban takeover."

Caution should be exercised though, wouldn't want any Taliban terrorists entering America with evil intentions.
No doubt Washington knows what it's doing.
Go woke, go broke.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40090 on: March 20, 2024, 01:28:26 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
Joe Biden cannot be serious( beyond pandering to the looney left).

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40091 on: March 20, 2024, 02:20:27 PM »

No worries, Red. You will get to keep your hooptie.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40092 on: March 20, 2024, 02:45:41 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
I realize that flat out lying about Biden's policy positions is your metier, and that you have no concern for even appearing to have any intellectual honesty, but under what possible legitimate use of the English language does an EPA rule calling for 35% to 56% EVs manufactured by 2032 constitute "All EVs by 2032"? You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #40093 on: March 20, 2024, 03:19:11 PM »

Afghanistan plays cricket.

Maybe Joe wants to resettle Afghans who helped America / C.O. W. countries
during the war.

"Many of the formerly-contracted Afghanistan women's cricketers fled to Australia following the Taliban takeover."

Caution should be exercised though, wouldn't want any Taliban terrorists entering America with evil intentions.
No doubt Washington knows what it's doing.

After the withdrawal of American Troops from Afghanistan then we have been bringing our Afghan allies to the USA, including to Oklahoma, there is a group in Oklahoma that has been helping the Afghan refugees to resettle to Oklahoma.

The Vietnamese picked Westminster, California, after the Vietnam War and now Westminster has the largest number of Vietnamese outside of Vietnam.

Beverly Hills, California, has many people from Iran, who came here after the extremists took over Iran. Los Angeles has around 1 million Persians now.

Glendale has the Armenians.

New York has the Italians, and the Jews.

Anaheim has the refugees from Latin America, from Mexico, and from El Salvador, etc. Latinos are the majority now in Anaheim, Whites are in the minority here now.

The USA is for everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40094 on: March 20, 2024, 03:19:23 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
I realize that flat out lying about Biden's policy positions is your metier, and that you have no concern for even appearing to have any intellectual honesty, but under what possible legitimate use of the English language does an EPA rule calling for 35% to 56% EVs manufactured by 2032 constitute "All EVs by 2032"? You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Another instance where Hairy misinterprets the goals of Joe Biden.
Pages: 1 ... 2671 2672 [2673] 2674 2675 ... 2715