Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498649 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40110 on: March 20, 2024, 08:51:12 PM »

You realize CAFE made owning an IC car more affordable and reduced US need for imported oil, right? 
Uh, no. Not in any way.
The F stood for fuel, in case that escaped your attention.
LOL. Glad you googled CAFE standards so you get informed yourself.
Pretty much everyone who benefited from CAFE liked it.
except of course the auto manufacturers who saw sales plummet. In ten years the standards had to be scrapped for more realistic ones.
Usually happens when politicians try to interfere with markets.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 08:53:17 PM by jmmengel »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40111 on: March 20, 2024, 08:55:45 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
Joe Biden cannot be serious( beyond pandering to the looney left).
I realize that flat out lying about Biden's policy positions is your metier, and that you have no concern for even appearing to have any intellectual honesty, but under what possible legitimate use of the English language does an EPA rule calling for 35% to 56% EVs manufactured by 2032 constitute "All EVs by 2032"? You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Another instance where Hairy misinterprets the goals of Joe Biden.
Intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR cannot defend his statement. Instead of disputing what the Biden Administration has actually set as a goal which he cannot do because of those pesky actual facts, he invents a "goal"
 that is directly contradicted by the actual stated goal of the EPA. LIAR.
The only goal Biden has in mind is getting more people to vote for him.
The 2032 garbage is just for show.
No one can make Americans buy something they do not want.
Whatever. The point is attributing "All EVs by 2032" as a policy end for Joe Biden is, flat out, a blatant lie. You PROVEN LIAR.
All EVs by 2032?
I realize that flat out lying about Biden's policy positions is your metier, and that you have no concern for even appearing to have any intellectual honesty, but under what possible legitimate use of the English language does an EPA rule calling for 35% to 56% EVs manufactured by 2032 constitute "All EVs by 2032"? You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR cannot defend his statement. Instead of disputing what the Biden Administration has actually set as a goal which he cannot do because of those pesky actual facts, he invents a "goal"
Whatever. The point is attributing "All EVs by 2032" as a policy end for Joe Biden is, flat out, a blatant lie. You PROVEN LIAR.
Howfucking naive are you?  Obama began the groundwork for All EVs with Cafe Standrds bullshit. The Climate Change Crowd lapped it and Joe thinks it will keep him in the White House.
Except consumers are not buying now. You want a sure fire investment? Get into used cars with a service contract. People will not give up their love of the ICE and the freedom to go where they want when they want.
Whatever.
Thanks for agreeing.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40112 on: March 20, 2024, 10:34:34 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
All EVs by 2032?
Howfucking naive are you?  Obama began the groundwork for All EVs with Cafe Standrds bullshit. The Climate Change Crowd lapped it and Joe thinks it will keep him in the White House.
Except consumers are not buying now. You want a sure fire investment? Get into used cars with a service contract. People will not give up their love of the ICE and the freedom to go where they want when they want.
Whatever. The fact remains that you deliberately LIED about Biden's policy. And the fact remains that attributing "All EVs by 2032" as a policy end for Joe Biden is, flat out, a blatant lie. You PROVEN LIAR.
Thanks for agreeing.
I restored the part you accidentally cut. You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40113 on: March 20, 2024, 10:37:00 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
All EVs by 2032?
Whatever. The fact remains that you deliberately LIED about Biden's policy. And the fact remains that attributing "All EVs by 2032" as a policy end for Joe Biden is, flat out, a blatant lie. You PROVEN LIAR.
Thanks for agreeing.
I restored the part you accidentally cut. You intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Be sure and check back when you are no longer drinking.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40114 on: March 20, 2024, 10:59:41 PM »

All EVs by 2032?
All EVs by 2032?
Thanks for agreeing.
Be sure and check back when you are no longer drinking.
I would say check back when you are no longer an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR but that will never happen. Because that is who you are.

And you have never even tried to justify attributing "All EVs by 2032" as a policy end for Joe Biden over a day of posts. Because you cannot. Liar.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:46:45 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40115 on: March 21, 2024, 01:16:23 PM »

All EVs by 2032?

American consumers wanted more varieties of color in automobiles. Henry Ford saidYou can buy a Model T in any color you would like; as long as it is black!

When the charging grid is built out and the uncertainty of long trips diminishes folks will buy EVs.
I was not going to let RedDick get away with his bull shit lie about Biden's EV policy yesterday, but I did find it amusing that he believes EV technology and customer demand will both remain precisely what they are now, forever. What idiotic "thinking."

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40116 on: March 21, 2024, 02:02:00 PM »

Red still thinks women are wired the same way that they were in 1950. Why would he be able to follow the more recent evolutions in EV development or or other developments in clean energy?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40117 on: March 21, 2024, 02:14:36 PM »

I did find it amusing that he believes EV technology and customer demand will both remain precisely what they are today.
We grew up singing See the USA in your Chevrolet in the USA! ( along with Dinah Shore)
Still do, but not in an EV unless you have a lot more time on your hands along with money to first purchase  then maintain the car.  It may be a show off second vehicle to drive but it will never match the market for todays Chevvie du jour.
A gas lighting Biden may dream of all EVs all the  time as soon as 2032 but it is not going to happen at anytime.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:16:32 PM by jmmengel »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40119 on: March 21, 2024, 02:18:09 PM »

See the USA in your Chevrolet in the USA.

Todays Chevvie du jour.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40120 on: March 21, 2024, 02:21:59 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40121 on: March 21, 2024, 02:47:12 PM »

I did find it amusing that he believes EV technology and customer demand will both remain precisely what they are today.
We grew up singing See the USA in your Chevrolet in the USA! ( along with Dinah Shore)
Still do, but not in an EV unless you have a lot more time on your hands along with money to first purchase  then maintain the car.  It may be a show off second vehicle to drive but it will never match the market for todays Chevvie du jour.
"Never". What an idiot you are.

For the record I have an electric and its price (used) was in line with gas, and the maintenance and operating cost is cheaper with the comparable gas cars i have owned. And whe i also have the gas car for driving beyond the EV range, I am not stupid enough to claim those range issues will "never" be resolved.
A gas lighting Biden may dream of all EVs all the  time as soon as 2032 but it is not going to happen at anytime.
You are gaslightng by saying again, absolutely without support and directly contrary to actual EPA rules, that Biden wants to go all electric by 2032. It is 35%. You unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:54:52 PM by Hairy Lime »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40122 on: March 21, 2024, 03:05:22 PM »

For the record I have an electric and its price (used) was in line with gas, and the maintenance and operating cost is cheaper with the comparable gas cars i have owned. And whe i also have the gas car for driving beyond the EV range, I am not stupid enough to claim those range issues will "never" be resolved.
You are gaslightng by saying again, absolutely without support and directly contrary to actual EPA rules, that Biden wants to go all electric by 2032. It is 35%. You unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

Yawn

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40123 on: March 21, 2024, 03:21:24 PM »

Yawn
RedDick's implicit admission that he cannot dispute anything i posted. The unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40124 on: March 21, 2024, 03:31:14 PM »

Red will retrofit his hooptie in a few years when it becomes clearly cheaper than trying to keep feeding it gas. He will try to have the techs pipe in fake engine noise so he can hear the many misfires he has become used to because he has never learned to drive or maintain it properly.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 2715