Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498633 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40125 on: March 21, 2024, 04:01:15 PM »

.                      As Maine Goes So Goes The Nation

The Maine Board of Environmental Protection (BEP) turned down the Advanced Clean Cars program after receiving overwhelming opposition from stakeholders and citizens. The proposed program would have closely mirrored regulations approved in California, mandating that at least 51% of new car purchases in the state be electric by 2028 and 82% be electric by 2032.

Affordable transportation is a requirement, not a luxury, in rural Maine
and regulations must recognize reality.

California like  emissions standards would impose logistic and financial hurdles that Maine is not ready to clear. The state BEP made the right decision to reject them, according to Maine Rep. Jared Golden (d)who represents a largely rural congressional district.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40126 on: March 21, 2024, 04:40:10 PM »

As Maine goes, so goes Vermont.

- James Farley
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40127 on: March 21, 2024, 05:06:10 PM »

I did find it amusing that he believes EV technology and customer demand will both remain precisely what they are today.
We grew up singing See the USA in your Chevrolet in the USA! ( along with Dinah Shore)
Still do, but not in an EV unless you have a lot more time on your hands along with money to first purchase  then maintain the car.  It may be a show off second vehicle to drive but it will never match the market for todays Chevvie du jour.
A gas lighting Biden may dream of all EVs all the  time as soon as 2032 but it is not going to happen at anytime.

In 1903 the lawyer for Henry Ford, Horace Rackham,  declined to invest in the company his firm was incorporating based on this advice from his banker.
The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty

He then talked to the person who was organizing Ford Motor and recruiting investors. Rackham listened and decides to sell some real estate and buy $5K of stock. which yielded a return of $5.5 million
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:14:01 PM by LarryB! »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40128 on: March 21, 2024, 05:11:09 PM »

I did find it amusing that he believes EV technology and customer demand will both remain precisely what they are today.
We grew up singing See the USA in your Chevrolet in the USA! ( along with Dinah Shore)
Still do, but not in an EV unless you have a lot more time on your hands along with money to first purchase  then maintain the car.  It may be a show off second vehicle to drive but it will never match the market for todays Chevvie du jour.
A gas lighting Biden may dream of all EVs all the  time as soon as 2032 but it is not going to happen at anytime.

In 1903 the lawyer for Henry Ford, Horace Rackham,  declined to invest in the company his firm was incorporating based on this advice from his banker.
The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty
I think RedDick's Buggy Whip stocks have been taking a hit lately, which would explain his flurry of posts bemoaning the coming of a future he cannot run from.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:22:54 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40129 on: March 21, 2024, 05:37:59 PM »

.                      As Maine Goes So Goes The Nation

The Maine Board of Environmental Protection (BEP) turned down the Advanced Clean Cars program after receiving overwhelming opposition from stakeholders and citizens. The proposed program would have closely mirrored regulations approved in California, mandating that at least 51% of new car purchases in the state be electric by 2028 and 82% be electric by 2032.

Affordable transportation is a requirement, not a luxury, in rural Maine
and regulations must recognize reality.

California like  emissions standards would impose logistic and financial hurdles that Maine is not ready to clear. The state BEP made the right decision to reject them, according to Maine Rep. Jared Golden (d)who represents a largely rural congressional district.

Things change.

I have opposed efforts to ban deadly weapons of war,Jared Golden (D) said at news conference in Lewiston. The time has now come for me to take responsibility for this failure, which is why I now call on the United States Congress to ban assault rifles.

Goldens announcement marks a notable shift for the three-term congressman, who represents Maines 2nd Congressional District

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/26/politics/jared-golden-assault-weapons-ban-lewiston/index.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:40:10 PM by LarryB! »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40130 on: March 21, 2024, 07:19:33 PM »

The ICE was a tremendous advance and changed the way we live and work.
The EV is a step backward. Less efficient and more costly. Its environmental impact is way overstated   
The only reason EVs have their small share of the market is due the auto companies shifting profits to rebates for EVs.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40131 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:45 PM »

As Maine goes, so goes every state and country in the West with any sense.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40132 on: March 21, 2024, 09:21:49 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/19/jared-kushner-gaza-waterfront-property-israel-negev

A clueless amoral twit.  So eminently qualified for a cabinet post in a Trump admin.

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

Physics speaks more clearly than partisan dumbfuckery.

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40133 on: March 21, 2024, 10:05:38 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/19/jared-kushner-gaza-waterfront-property-israel-negev

A clueless amoral twit.  So eminently qualified for a cabinet post in a Trump admin.

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

The ICE is much more efficient than the Horse and the EV.
Fact.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40134 on: March 21, 2024, 10:28:28 PM »

Until gas stations become as rare as Blockbusters due to lack of demand.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40135 on: March 22, 2024, 09:38:10 AM »

Fact.

So bad physics has morphed to straight up lying.  Go find an engineer and they will explain it to you. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40136 on: March 22, 2024, 10:55:16 AM »

Fact.

So bad physics has morphed to straight up lying.  Go find an engineer and they will explain it to you.
Seriously? He started straight up lying. Love how he seems to be live ending his post with "Fact" will get everyone to ignore the "Fact" that he is an unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40137 on: March 22, 2024, 11:22:14 AM »

Candace Owens for President.

She's exactly what America needs.

This is one of Bambu's Greatest Hits:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/03/22/candace-owens-antisemitism-daily-wire-shapiro/

Yes, indeed.  This is exactly what America needs.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40138 on: March 22, 2024, 11:46:27 AM »

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:48:05 AM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40139 on: March 22, 2024, 12:20:39 PM »

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
No, my EV is very reliable. It is an older model with a limited range, perfect for daily commutes and local errands. When we bought the new car, we went with ICE, not because an EV is not reliable, but because the infrastructure is not there yet to support our use of the car on vacations.

And I note you have abandoned the issue Oil called you out on, your LIE that ICE is more mechanically efficient. It is not.
Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 2715