Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 2715

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498655 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40140 on: March 22, 2024, 12:46:20 PM »

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

Physics speaks more clearly than partisan dumbfuckery.

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
No, my EV is very reliable. It is an older model with a limited range, perfect for daily commutes and local errands. When we bought the new car, we went with ICE, not because an EV is not reliable, but because the infrastructure is not there yet to support our use of the car on vacations.

And I note you have abandoned the issue Oil called you out on, your LIE that ICE is more mechanically efficient. It is not.

I was right on both. 
The EV you have is unreliable for all your needs or you would it not need to keep the ICE model car.
The EV is not as mechanically reliable as a ICE vehicle given its inability to overcome poor infrastructure AND to withstand extreme weather conditions.

Those are facts.

I suspect an accused demagogue like Trump will soon be producing car bumper ads warning that
Biden is coming for your Cars  and Trucks.!

Because that is exactly what Biden wants. A BAN on the ICE.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40141 on: March 22, 2024, 12:54:15 PM »

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
No, my EV is very reliable. It is an older model with a limited range, perfect for daily commutes and local errands. When we bought the new car, we went with ICE, not because an EV is not reliable, but because the infrastructure is not there yet to support our use of the car on vacations.

And I note you have abandoned the issue Oil called you out on, your LIE that ICE is more mechanically efficient. It is not.

I was right on both. 
The EV you have is unreliable for all your needs or you would it not need to keep the ICE model car.
The EV is not as mechanically reliable as a ICE vehicle given its inability to overcome poor infrastructure AND to withstand extreme weather conditions.

Those are facts.

I suspect an accused demagogue like Trump will soon be producing car bumper ads warning that

35% by 2032, you unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR. And yeah, considering how many lies you and your fellow Trump lovers spew about Biden and his policies. you could add that to the "Biden is coming for your stove" lie.

And my EV is very reliable, no issues with extreme weather over 4 years. AND I FUCKING LIVE IN PHOENIX.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40142 on: March 22, 2024, 12:56:11 PM »

Dark Brandon is the best.

'Sorry, Donald': Joe Biden Unleashes Absolutely Vicious Joke At Trump's Expense
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-sorry-donald_n_65fd204be4b07c954d5545e5
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40143 on: March 22, 2024, 01:17:04 PM »

I was right on both. 

Those are facts.

35% by 2032, you unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR. And yeah, considering how many lies you and your fellow Trump lovers spew about Biden and his policies. you could add that to the "Biden is coming for your stove" lie.

And my EV is very reliable, no issues with extreme weather over 4 years. AND I FUCKING LIVE IN PHOENIX.
Good for you.
Too bad the EV industry cannot survive solely by sales in Arizona
But the Biden Ban is a dumb political stunt

Time for the latest SCOREBOARD!

6 in ten Independent voters, and nearly  8 in 10 GOPers are against a ban. Only democrats (53%) favor the idea. And just 51 % of those earning MORE than $150 K support a ban.
Smaller income groups are anti Ban.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40144 on: March 22, 2024, 01:21:24 PM »

Red is trying to take his mind off of the central message and strategy of the republican campaign this year. It makes him feel like he is getting Covid all over again

http://www.salon.com/2024/03/22/criminal-cases-are-his-campaign/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40146 on: March 22, 2024, 01:43:38 PM »

Sales figure are lagging indicators for relatively new technology.

I live in DC and have solar panels on my  house. What do you think the sales figure for solar panels in the Mid Atlantic region were a decade ago?
Sit down, fool.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40147 on: March 22, 2024, 02:02:40 PM »

I was right on both. 

Those are facts.

Good for you.
Too bad the EV industry cannot survive solely by sales in Arizona
So what? You claimed EVs are unreliable in extreme weather. Phoenix defines extreme weather. Your comment was wrong.
But the Biden Ban is a dumb political stunt
35%, you unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.  That is not a ban. You continue to LIE about Biden, and then criticize him as if your LIE was true. LIAR.

Time for the latest SCOREBOARD!

6 in ten Independent voters, and nearly  8 in 10 GOPers are against a ban. Only democrats (53%) favor the idea. And just 51 % of those earning MORE than $150 K support a ban.
Smaller income groups are anti Ban.
You know who else.does not support banning ICEs? JOE BIDEN, you pathetic unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40148 on: March 22, 2024, 02:06:32 PM »

Sales figure are lagging indicators for relatively new technology.

I live in DC and have solar panels on my  house. What do you think the sales figure for solar panels in the Mid Atlantic region were a decade ago?
Sit down, fool.
RedDick's argument remains predicated on rapidly developing technology suddenly stopping, and consumer preferences remaining unchanged as the technology moves forward.

Well, also on proven lies he never actually disputes with anything other than pronouncements he does not and cannot offer support for.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40149 on: March 22, 2024, 02:08:13 PM »

You know who else.does not support banning ICEs? JOE BIDEN, you pathetic unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Strange way to oppose a ban by laying the groundwork for it.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40150 on: March 22, 2024, 02:32:11 PM »

Since nobody besides yourself proposes that ban, there is no need to oppose it.

President Biden simply supports a different path to our transportation future which national policy encourages EVs and ICE vehicles sharing the ecosystem.

Conservatives and other bad investors hate competition.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40151 on: March 22, 2024, 04:42:03 PM »

Since nobody besides yourself proposes that ban, there is no need to oppose it.

President Biden simply supports a different path to our transportation future which national policy encourages EVs and ICE vehicles sharing the ecosystem.
Do not expect PROVEN LIAR RedDick to admit the obvious difference.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40152 on: March 22, 2024, 04:47:59 PM »

Laying groundwork for an infrastructure for EV is to make travel successful, not to ban anything, you spurting anal fistula of falsehood. 

The I-90 and I- 29 corridor has plenty of fast-charging stations (100 amps plus) now, so the EV, with the latest battery warmer system, has crossed over from iffy to attractive for our longer trips.  Its ability to start in extreme conditions compares very well to most IC cars.  There are a couple dozen reasons a gas or diesel engine won't start; there is only one reason an EV motor won't turn.  The fewer fail pathways, the more reliable the system. 

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40153 on: March 22, 2024, 05:21:55 PM »

Laying groundwork for an infrastructure for EV is to make travel successful, not to ban anything, you spurting anal fistula of falsehood. 
Sorry.  Biden wants to ban ICE cars.
Try to stay focused.
The I-90 and I- 29 corridor has plenty of fast-charging stations (100 amps plus) now, so the EV, with the latest battery warmer system, has crossed over from iffy to attractive for our longer trips.  Its ability to start in extreme conditions compares very well to most IC cars.  There are a couple dozen reasons a gas or diesel engine won't start; there is only one reason an EV motor won't turn.  The fewer fail pathways, the more reliable the system.
Interesting, but irrelevant and immaterial.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40154 on: March 22, 2024, 05:34:47 PM »

Sorry.  Biden wants to ban ICE cars.
35% by 2032, LIAR.
Try to stay focused.
Try to stop lying. I realize I might as well ask you to try to stop breathing you pathetic unrepentant intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
Interesting, but irrelevant and immaterial.
LIAR. You falsely claimed ICE are more efficient and Oil has just shown you one.way your statement was a lie.
Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 2715