Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 2717

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498887 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40170 on: March 22, 2024, 08:37:29 PM »

Buy a book on formatting, too.
Formatting what?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40171 on: March 22, 2024, 09:17:28 PM »

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

Physics speaks more clearly than partisan dumbfuckery.

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
No, my EV is very reliable. It is an older model with a limited range, perfect for daily commutes and local errands. When we bought the new car, we went with ICE, not because an EV is not reliable, but because the infrastructure is not there yet to support our use of the car on vacations.

And I note you have abandoned the issue Oil called you out on, your LIE that ICE is more mechanically efficient. It is not.

I was right on both. 
The EV you have is unreliable for all your needs or you would it not need to keep the ICE model car.
The EV is not as mechanically reliable as a ICE vehicle given its inability to overcome poor infrastructure AND to withstand extreme weather conditions.

Those are facts.

I suspect an accused demagogue like Trump will soon be producing car bumper ads warning that
Biden is coming for your Cars  and Trucks.!

Because that is exactly what Biden wants. A BAN on the ICE.

Indeed.
Oh horse shit. I realize you swallow lies without discernment, but Biden has never, ever, indicated he wanted gas cars banned. Never.
Yes he has.
By doing it in stages of taking away are democracy.
No he has not and that last sentence makes no sense.
LOL!
The whole goal of Biden is to eliminate reliance on  fossil fuels in the USA through executive  fiat, not the democratic process.
Fortunately our checks and balances will neuter that strategy.

Joe Manchin is not running for reelection so he can not thwart any more Biden initiatives.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40172 on: March 22, 2024, 09:38:34 PM »

No sense wasting time on debating EVs.  Mechanical efficiency of an EV is 87-91%.  ICE is under 40%. 

What speaks the most are sales figures .  You cannot make anyone buy a car they do not want no matter how many times you yell PHYSICS! Or feed them monetary inducements out of taxes from the rest of us.
Even Lime admits he needs to keep his ICE vehicle for driving that the EV cannot deliver reliably.
No, my EV is very reliable. It is an older model with a limited range, perfect for daily commutes and local errands. When we bought the new car, we went with ICE, not because an EV is not reliable, but because the infrastructure is not there yet to support our use of the car on vacations.

And I note you have abandoned the issue Oil called you out on, your LIE that ICE is more mechanically efficient. It is not.

I was right on both. 
The EV you have is unreliable for all your needs or you would it not need to keep the ICE model car.
The EV is not as mechanically reliable as a ICE vehicle given its inability to overcome poor infrastructure AND to withstand extreme weather conditions.

Those are facts.

I suspect an accused demagogue like Trump will soon be producing car bumper ads warning that

Indeed.
Oh horse shit. I realize you swallow lies without discernment, but Biden has never, ever, indicated he wanted gas cars banned. Never.
Yes he has.
LOL!
The whole goal of Biden is to eliminate reliance on  fossil fuels in the USA through executive  fiat, not the democratic process.

Joe Manchin is not running for reelection so he can not thwart any more Biden initiatives.
Joe Manchin will be replaced by a GOPer.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40173 on: March 22, 2024, 09:43:39 PM »

I was right on both. 

Those are facts.

Indeed.
Yes he has.
LOL!

You missed the point

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40174 on: March 22, 2024, 09:47:11 PM »

Any dictionary will do.

Careful.  He'll start dropping Klingon phrases into his postings, rendering them even less intelligible.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40175 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:16 PM »

I was right on both. 

Those are facts.

Indeed.
Yes he has.
LOL!

You missed the point
No.  You did.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40176 on: March 23, 2024, 12:18:12 AM »

Any dictionary will do.

Careful.  He'll start dropping Klingon phrases into his postings, rendering them even less intelligible.

I would give him better odds of learning Gerbil. It only exceeds his cognitive capacity by several as opposed to many times.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40177 on: March 23, 2024, 05:10:38 AM »

Prims are restless again. Israel, Russia, not in the US anymore. Support for hamas though.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40178 on: March 23, 2024, 10:08:30 AM »

New York City Mayor Eric Adams voiced support on Tuesday for changes to sanctuary city laws that currently protect migrants in New York.

Calling the policies a "detriment to public safety," Adams spoke during a news conference following similar statements he made on Monday, saying he believes New York City agencies should be free to cooperate more readily with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to deport immigrants who have been accused of committing crimes. Amen!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40179 on: March 23, 2024, 11:12:55 AM »

So...catalpa trees - menace or benefit? 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40180 on: March 23, 2024, 12:10:54 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40181 on: March 23, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »

I was right on both. 

Those are facts.

Indeed.
Yes he has.
LOL!

You missed the point
No.  You did.

Whooooosh!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40182 on: March 23, 2024, 02:31:34 PM »

Red gets his news by the very reliable and popular telegraph machine. It keeps him so well informed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 02:46:57 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40184 on: March 23, 2024, 03:08:23 PM »

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/trumps-tariffs-could-sink-economy-economists-say_n_65fdff83e4b0c9b6947250db

Not only are republicans into disaster capitalism, they are a disaster for capitalism.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 ... 2717