Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 2716

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498823 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40290 on: March 28, 2024, 10:31:29 AM »

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40291 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:17 AM »

I don't know how anybody can call this devout, pious man a "cretin."  My apologies to all who were offended.

Har!   

Well, I have never questioned Trump's devotion to and worship of Mammon.  Though, lately, it doesn't seem like Mammon is responding to his prayers and burnt offerings.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40292 on: March 28, 2024, 09:25:25 PM »

I don't know how anybody can call this devout, pious man a "cretin."  My apologies to all who were offended.

Har!   

Well, I have never questioned Trump's devotion to and worship of Mammon.  Though, lately, it doesn't seem like Mammon is responding to his prayers and burnt offerings.
May want to pay closer attention.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40293 on: March 28, 2024, 10:32:46 PM »

On paper valuations and what you can actually get in cash for your assets are two different things, in this case.  May want to pay closer attention.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40294 on: March 29, 2024, 11:14:08 AM »

On paper valuations and what you can actually get in cash for your assets are two different things, in this case.  May want to pay closer attention.

Wealth is wealth as Mark Cuban pointed out.
Net worth is completely different than cash in the bank. In a zero interest rate environment it would have been dumb for  Trump to keep his cash in a bank or money market account.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40295 on: March 29, 2024, 11:35:54 AM »

Net worth is completely different than cash in the bank. In a zero interest rate environment it would have been dumb for  Trump to keep his cash in a bank or money market account.
You should look into a remedial reading course.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40296 on: March 29, 2024, 11:49:08 AM »

If he had stuck his inheritance in an index fund he would wound up as a real billionaire with the hedonistic lifestyle he loves.

But NOOOOOO!

He fashioned himself a master of the universe instead of an entitled shit head.

Meanwhile this media company valued at $6Billion made about what? $3 million over the first 9 months of 2023 according to government filings, but the company reported $49 million in net losses over that period.

Can you say, pump and dump?

SUCKERS!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40297 on: March 29, 2024, 12:13:42 PM »

If he had stuck his inheritance in an index fund he would wound up as a real billionaire with the hedonistic lifestyle he loves.

But NOOOOOO!

Meanwhile this media company valued at $6Billion made about what? $3 million over the first 9 months of 2023 according to government filings, but the company reported $49 million in net losses over that period.

SUCKERS!
You must not pay attention to current news.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40298 on: March 29, 2024, 01:02:29 PM »

But NOOOOOO!

SUCKERS!
You must not pay attention to current news.

You must not understand the current news.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40299 on: March 29, 2024, 01:22:05 PM »

Red is waiting on his trump steak arriving by trump shuttle from trump U.

It will be interesting to see the effects of a fully funded, fired up and already out in force Democratic ground game that was absent in 2020 in this presidential cycle.

It is going to take a lot of work to dislodge many of the depraved terror spreading republicans who have done more than ever to gerrymander themselves into permanence so they can continue to pursue their most perverse crimes against the United States, its lands and its people.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40300 on: March 29, 2024, 01:25:25 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/27/1923-supreme-court-decision-ivf-abortion-00149194

Thanks, Fac.  Learned a thing or two about substantive due process.

Every once in a while politico manages to produce serious and valuable journalism. I am happy you found value in it.

A million good reasons unfortunately is no guarantee that the Thomas Alito court will not go batshit Cannon and deliver the wrong judgement anyway.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40301 on: March 29, 2024, 01:31:04 PM »

You should,not me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40302 on: March 29, 2024, 02:07:46 PM »

You should,not me.

Ooh, burn!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40303 on: March 29, 2024, 02:30:41 PM »

You should,not me.
Also, you need a remedial typing course.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40304 on: March 29, 2024, 05:55:44 PM »

You should,not me.
Also, you need a remedial typing course.

If red could manage English he would seem far less sincere.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 2716