Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 2779

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651041 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41340 on: June 03, 2024, 07:39:01 PM »

Maxine Waters contends MAGA voters are domestic terrorists and Trump will start a civil war if he goes to jail.

I am worried that he is so divisive and that he is talking about retribution, and they are talking about revenge and I think that that is dangerous. He has even mentioned civil war at one point, talked about there would be bloodshed,  Waters said on MSNBC Sunday, referring to his rhetoric

Well in the four days since the verdict Trump says his revenge is to be successful as a President .  He will accept any sentence, he was a massive hit at a UFC appearance in New Jersey, and his campaign has raised $200 million in those 4 days.
The latter must be the driving force of the democrat lies.
You clearly do not follow the news too closely.

Or for that matter, pay attention to recent history.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41341 on: June 03, 2024, 07:48:50 PM »

Maxine Waters contends MAGA voters are domestic terrorists and Trump will start a civil war if he goes to jail.

I am worried that he is so divisive and that he is talking about retribution, and they are talking about revenge and I think that that is dangerous. He has even mentioned civil war at one point, talked about there would be bloodshed,  Waters said on MSNBC Sunday, referring to his rhetoric

Well in the four days since the verdict Trump says his revenge is to be successful as a President .  He will accept any sentence, he was a massive hit at a UFC appearance in New Jersey, and his campaign has raised $200 million in those 4 days.

That is recent history.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41342 on: June 03, 2024, 10:20:37 PM »

Many maga voters are domestic terrorists. All maga voters are mentally ill and dangerous to the public.

Trump will try to start a civil war once he is thrown in jail.

News no longer reaches Florida.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41343 on: June 04, 2024, 08:05:54 AM »

That is recent history.
I see you missed the point.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41344 on: June 04, 2024, 09:37:12 AM »

The British invasion continues. By the end of the year, the Wa Post will become one more newsroom, along with The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Bloomberg News, run by a British news executive.  Buzbee has resigned.  I will be interested to see what is this third newsroom concept the Post wants to try out (appealing to readers less enchanted with traditional print journalism, it sounds like, so more of a social media thing) as they continue to hunt for revenue.  I will be sorry to see the continued decline of >60 second attention span joirnalism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/06/02/sally-buzbee-washington-post-steps-down/
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41345 on: June 04, 2024, 11:15:02 AM »

The British invasion continues. By the end of the year, the Wa Post will become one more newsroom, along with The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Bloomberg to be run by a British news executive.
Irrelevant, immaterial, and incorrect.
The WSJ, for example, is run by a lifelong Journal employee, Almar Latour, a graduate of Indiana University.
The Post publisher and CEO William Lewis is from England but he has to answer to Jeff Beezos who pays the bills.
And as Lewis explained in a staff meeting the bills are overwhelming.

We are going to turn this thing around, but let us not sugarcoat it. It needs turning around.
We are losing large amounts of money. Your audience has halved in recent years. People are not reading your stuff. Right. I cannot sugarcoat it anymore.

The Post lost more than $70 million in 2023 and lost 50% of its audience in the same period, according to The New York Times.

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41346 on: June 04, 2024, 11:26:00 AM »

The British invasion continues. By the end of the year, the Wa Post will become one more newsroom, along with The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Bloomberg to be run by a British news executive.
The WSJ, for example, is run by a lifelong Journal employee, Almar Latour, a graduate of Indiana University.

Newsrooms are run by the editor, who is Emma Tucker.  That was the context, which you knew and chose to ignore in order to "correct" me and score the petty points you tally inside your tiny head.  While editors answer to publishers and their boards, they are responsible for the day to day operations of a newsroom, as the article makes clear.

If the topic is irrelevant to you, then why reply.  I posted it as a trend of interest to me but that imposes zero burden on anyone else at Elba to take an interest.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41347 on: June 04, 2024, 12:55:27 PM »

Newsrooms are run by the editor, who is Emma Tucker. 

She runs the newsroom the way the publisher wants it run. That is how newspapers operate regardless of the country they are in.  The conclusion that somehow the shakeup at the post is a [/i] British Invasion [/i] is pure poppycock.

While editors answer to publishers and their boards, they are responsible for the day to day operations of a newsroom, as the article makes clear.
So how is the shake up at the Post indicative of a BRITISH INVASION.?
What is relevant that the POST is hurting financially according to the man in charge and it is time to change strategy.

As for postings why would not expect reaction from other posters which is the overriding principle of a chat room.
And something you have never been shy about.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41348 on: June 04, 2024, 02:23:13 PM »

Biden announces order limiting asylum at the southern border.

So little so late. Deport all 7.5 million, please. Somebody woke him up told him everyone is pissed off.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41349 on: June 04, 2024, 02:36:25 PM »

So little so late. Deport all 7.5 million, please. Somebody woke him up told him everyone is pissed off.

You cashed your welfare check again this month I see. Not sure so many immigrants should still be wasting their time keeping you alive when there is so much more important work they could be doing.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41350 on: June 04, 2024, 02:39:52 PM »

Newsrooms are run by the editor, who is Emma Tucker. 

She runs the newsroom the way the publisher wants it run. That is how newspapers operate regardless of the country they are in.  The conclusion that somehow the shakeup at the post is a [/i] British Invasion [/i] is pure poppycock.

While editors answer to publishers and their boards, they are responsible for the day to day operations of a newsroom, as the article makes clear.
So how is the shake up at the Post indicative of a BRITISH INVASION.?
What is relevant that the POST is hurting financially according to the man in charge and it is time to change strategy.

The Post should quit trying to appeal to a right wing readership. No one on the right or anyone remaining in the republican coalition can actually read anymore.

Wipe your chin and change your diaper, Red, you disgusting son of a bitch.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41352 on: June 04, 2024, 03:55:07 PM »

Congress bitches about Executive Orders yet demands one. Then they get one and bitch some more.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41353 on: June 04, 2024, 04:39:54 PM »

The economy is broken. People are sleeping in the streets in record numbers. Crime and terrorism are being welcomed and accepted. Time to spurn the fringe left in the democratic party. Make the demise of Trump a win-win for moderates.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41354 on: June 04, 2024, 05:28:10 PM »

Congress bitches about Executive Orders yet demands one. Then they get one and bitch some more.
No one espouses bitching over the order. But it is important to note voters know Uncle Joe only cares about  election votes not the pain caused millions of Americans harmed by his negligence in keeping the country safe by turning his back on the porous southern border.
Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 2779