Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 2906

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 734199 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42165 on: July 16, 2024, 01:28:24 PM »

Anyway, I was on a mini vacation. Can someone point out where RedDick noted all of Trump's candidates for Veep were white males, and choosing a clown with less than two undistinguished years as a senator, no other experience governing, no executive experience, no foreign policy experience, no experience formulating policy or negotiating bipartisan legislation was a DEI (Didn't Earn It) choice? Or does he use that phrase as a code word for something else?
Far be it for me to comment on MAGA guys since I favored Nikki Haley.  But the Vance resume is impressive.
Born dirt poor in rural Ohio he wrote a best selling story of his escape from poverty and now has a net worth of $10 million. He is a uS Marine Veteran and a USSenator.
I do think his sole job on the GOP ticket is to remind voters of the de facto dem Presidential Candidate, Kamala Harris.
I think he will be the Trump Pit Bull.
The sole point of any VP nominee is to help the ticket get elected.
That is exactly why his job will be to discredit Kamala Harris
I think having your attack dog actually on the ticket is a mistake.

Choosing a rabid weasel as your attack dog is also a mistake. Theil would not bail out trump unless his sock puppet was put on the ticket. No further reason for the choice is needed.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42166 on: July 16, 2024, 01:42:58 PM »

?

Luee is the poet laureate of gas station heroin. To really appreciate his rants you have to hear them in the original German.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42167 on: July 16, 2024, 02:15:41 PM »

"I gotta be honest with you. I don't really care what happens to Ukraine one way or another."

J D Vance

The sound of champagne corks being popped at Putin's Black Sea dacha reportedly could be heard hundreds of miles away.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42169 on: July 16, 2024, 03:10:48 PM »

It took 158 years to overturn separate but equal.

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.
ROFL!
The Constitution is what it is.Justice Cannon and her interpretation of the Appointsment Clause overturns no SCOTUs ruling on record.

Nope.

Supreme Court, during the Nixon prosecution, explicitly acknowledged the power of the attorney general -

Under the authority of Art II, s.2, Congress has vested in the Attorney General the power to conduct the criminal litigation of the United States Government.

It has also vested in him the power to appoint subordinate officers to assist him in the discharge of his duties.

Cannon casually tosses that off as dicta.  She is wrong - the special prosecutor authority to subpoena Nixon was at issue, and the authority was dependent on prosecutors very existence.

So, Cannon mos def is flipping off Scotus.
War is Gods way of teaching Americans geography.
  - Ambrose Bierce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42170 on: July 16, 2024, 03:22:14 PM »

Either of the two VPs are more fit to govern. I would not be against a woman in control they have proven themselves on the world stage.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42171 on: July 16, 2024, 03:26:42 PM »

I gotta be honest with you. I don't really care what happens to Ukraine one way or another.

J D Vance

The sound of champagne corks being popped at Putins Black Sea dacha reportedly could be heard hundreds of miles away.

Indeed.  And Trump now has his clone clown who can echo, more articulately than Trump, the obsession with China and why Ukraine is just a distraction from taking down the Red CyberMenace and promoting an isolationism that will send manufactured goods in the US through the ceiling.  It will be instructive when the UAW he recently threw his support behind arrives at the factory and its shut down because all the Chinese components they were using doubled in price.

- Ambrose Bierce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42172 on: July 16, 2024, 03:34:01 PM »

Either of the two VPs are more fit to govern. I would not be against a woman in control they have proven themselves on the world stage.

Vance did suck off Orban. I guess that might count as some sort of experience, at least in Tampa.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42173 on: July 16, 2024, 03:35:06 PM »

John McCain was one of the voices of experience the GOP stopped listening to. 
  - Ambrose Bierce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42174 on: July 16, 2024, 04:03:04 PM »

Denis McDonough the VA secretary never served but was a teacher in Latin America. All in on funding mass immigration and cannibalizing from the veterans.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42175 on: July 16, 2024, 04:59:30 PM »

It took 158 years to overturn separate but equal.

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.
ROFL!
The Constitution is what it is.Justice Cannon and her interpretation of the Appointsment Clause overturns no SCOTUs ruling on record.

Nope.

Supreme Court, during the Nixon prosecution, explicitly acknowledged the power of the attorney general -

Under the authority of Art II, s.2, Congress has vested in the Attorney General the power to conduct the criminal litigation of the United States Government.

It has also vested in him the power to appoint subordinate officers to assist him in the discharge of his duties.
Subordinate officers.
Appointments Clause, also a part of Article II
Maybe when you grow up you will read the Constitution in its entirety.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 05:01:34 PM by jmmengel »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42176 on: July 16, 2024, 05:01:46 PM »

Anyway, I was on a mini vacation. Can someone point out where RedDick noted all of Trump's candidates for Veep were white males, and choosing a clown with less than two undistinguished years as a senator, no other experience governing, no executive experience, no foreign policy experience, no experience formulating policy or negotiating bipartisan legislation was a DEI (Didn't Earn It) choice? Or does he use that phrase as a code word for something else?
Far be it for me to comment on MAGA guys since I favored Nikki Haley.  But the Vance resume is impressive.
Born dirt poor in rural Ohio he wrote a best selling story of his escape from poverty and now has a net worth of $10 million. He is a uS Marine Veteran and a USSenator.
I do think his sole job on the GOP ticket is to remind voters of the de facto dem Presidential Candidate, Kamala Harris.

Good luck with that.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42177 on: July 16, 2024, 05:02:33 PM »

John McCain was one of the voices of experience the GOP stopped listening to.
Often happens when people die

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42178 on: July 16, 2024, 05:19:50 PM »

Denis McDonough the VA secretary never served but was a teacher in Latin America. All in on funding mass immigration and cannibalizing from the veterans.

Every time Luee applies for a penile enhancement procedure they always direct him to the psych ward. Unfair!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42179 on: July 16, 2024, 05:32:57 PM »

Good luck with that.
what are her poll numbers?
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 2906