Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2811 2812 [2813] 2814 2815 ... 2906

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 734184 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42180 on: July 16, 2024, 05:37:06 PM »

Anyway, I was on a mini vacation. Can someone point out where RedDick noted all of Trump's candidates for Veep were white males, and choosing a clown with less than two undistinguished years as a senator, no other experience governing, no executive experience, no foreign policy experience, no experience formulating policy or negotiating bipartisan legislation was a DEI (Didn't Earn It) choice? Or does he use that phrase as a code word for something else?
Far be it for me to comment on MAGA guys since I favored Nikki Haley.  But the Vance resume is impressive.
Born dirt poor in rural Ohio he wrote a best selling story of his escape from poverty and now has a net worth of $10 million. He is a uS Marine Veteran and a USSenator.
I do think his sole job on the GOP ticket is to remind voters of the de facto dem Presidential Candidate, Kamala Harris.
I think he will be the Trump Pit Bull.
The sole point of any VP nominee is to help the ticket get elected.
That is exactly why his job will be to discredit Kamala Harris

Good luck with that.
what are her poll numbers?
https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-polls-donald-trump-election-1924353
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42181 on: July 16, 2024, 05:54:18 PM »

Anyway, I was on a mini vacation. Can someone point out where RedDick noted all of Trump's candidates for Veep were white males, and choosing a clown with less than two undistinguished years as a senator, no other experience governing, no executive experience, no foreign policy experience, no experience formulating policy or negotiating bipartisan legislation was a DEI (Didn't Earn It) choice? Or does he use that phrase as a code word for something else?
Far be it for me to comment on MAGA guys since I favored Nikki Haley.  But the Vance resume is impressive.
Born dirt poor in rural Ohio he wrote a best selling story of his escape from poverty and now has a net worth of $10 million. He is a uS Marine Veteran and a USSenator.
I do think his sole job on the GOP ticket is to remind voters of the de facto dem Presidential Candidate, Kamala Harris.

Good luck with that.
https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-polls-donald-trump-election-1924353
Dump Biden!
Please.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42182 on: July 16, 2024, 06:34:32 PM »

It took 158 years to overturn separate but equal.

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.
ROFL!
The Constitution is what it is.Justice Cannon and her interpretation of the Appointsment Clause overturns no SCOTUs ruling on record.

Nope.

Supreme Court, during the Nixon prosecution, explicitly acknowledged the power of the attorney general -

Under the authority of Art II, s.2, Congress has vested in the Attorney General the power to conduct the criminal litigation of the United States Government.

It has also vested in him the power to appoint subordinate officers to assist him in the discharge of his duties.
Subordinate officers.
Appointments Clause, also a part of Article II
Maybe when you grow up you will read the Constitution in its entirety.

Really?  Semantic hair splitting over what an officer, vs an official, is?  You think THAT, coming from a lower court Trump stooge really dismisses the Supreme Court and 150 years of precedent?  Am starting to think you do not know as much law as your posturing here suggests.
War is Gods way of teaching Americans geography.
  - Ambrose Bierce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42183 on: July 16, 2024, 07:34:17 PM »

58 years.  And Plessy was overturned by SCOTUS, on the strongest of constitutional grounds.  Not remotely comparable to the weird hair-splitting of some District Court lackey Trump himself appointed.  The hubris of a lower court judge overturning the SC is breathtaking and you know it.  This is exactly the kind of partisan crap that you yourself have acknowledged can erode confidence in the legitimacy and independence of the judiciary.  If Biden had somehow gotten a lower court judge to override the SC on his own behalf, you would be howling like a banshee.
ROFL!
The Constitution is what it is.Justice Cannon and her interpretation of the Appointsment Clause overturns no SCOTUs ruling on record.

Nope.

Supreme Court, during the Nixon prosecution, explicitly acknowledged the power of the attorney general -

Under the authority of Art II, s.2, Congress has vested in the Attorney General the power to conduct the criminal litigation of the United States Government.

It has also vested in him the power to appoint subordinate officers to assist him in the discharge of his duties.
Subordinate officers.

Really? 

Really.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42184 on: July 16, 2024, 09:31:36 PM »

Yes. He really does not know as much law as his posturing here suggests.

He is happy to parrot legalistic excuses for lawlessness since it does not require any knowledge at all on his part.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42185 on: July 16, 2024, 09:58:11 PM »

Oh no Kimberly Cheatle head of SS was dei. No wonder country is falling apart.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42186 on: July 16, 2024, 10:08:47 PM »

You are a dolt.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42187 on: July 16, 2024, 11:15:45 PM »

You are a dolt.

Luee is falling apart. Nothing he does works. Nothing he says matters. If he were less of a prick someone might respond to his incessant cries for help. Instead he just spirals further down into madness. That is the totality of the American experience for Luee. It will lead him to make a further host of bad and likely tragic choices. When Luee claims his life in America has been a total failure, I for one believe him.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42188 on: July 17, 2024, 08:21:41 AM »

ROFL!

Nope.

Subordinate officers.

Really?  Semantic hair splitting over what an officer, vs an official, is?  You think THAT, coming from a lower court Trump stooge really dismisses the Supreme Court and 150 years of precedent?  Am starting to think you do not know as much law as your posturing here suggests.
Notably RedDick left out the highlighted part when responding. And you are right. RedDick's posturing here suggests he knows zero about the law. And he knows less than that.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42189 on: July 17, 2024, 08:43:51 AM »

Good luck with that.

What are their positions on reproductive rights?

Unlike 2020 she is the Vice President and this debate will be markedly from the one so dominated by a fly which distracted from the FACT Harrise expertly dismantled Pence at every step most notably when he tried to interrupt or talk over her with a firm , Mr. Vice President, Im speaking!

Vance is going to get the same treatment received by US Atorneys General Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42190 on: July 17, 2024, 09:01:28 AM »

You are a dolt.
luee is a firm believer in the presumptive superior competence of white men, like all people who denounce DEI initiatives.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42191 on: July 17, 2024, 11:32:37 AM »

If I was a dolt I would have a better chance of being a Biden administrator. If I was a black asian lesbian and a dolt better still.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42192 on: July 17, 2024, 11:43:50 AM »

Latest dem scuttlebutt.
Chuck Schumer driving  to Delaware for one on one with Biden.
What could they be discussing?

James Carville and other dem advisers say Biden has to be replaced by someone not in the Administration.
Meaning NOT Kamala Harris.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42193 on: July 17, 2024, 11:59:02 AM »

Source?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42194 on: July 17, 2024, 12:01:56 PM »

Source?
Dems.
Actually the meeting in Delaware happened on Sunday.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 12:04:19 PM by jmmengel »
Pages: 1 ... 2811 2812 [2813] 2814 2815 ... 2906