Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741234 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42390 on: July 23, 2024, 10:04:06 AM »

For somebody who decrees identity politics at every turn, you look like an idiot arguing that one persons opinion (even if supported by droves) constitutes the opinion of the entire community.

You are in fine fettle lately.

Watch for angry bleats from Jimdick if Kamala calls the slightest attention to her ancestry or gender in any context at any time in the next three months.  (I suspect she will mostly avoid the topic) 

Be sure if Kamala says I loved the Tamil dishes my mother cooked for us Jimdick will be seized with paroxysmal outrage at identity politics!!
Obama won twice and race was never an issue in the general election. He just impressed voters more on policy issues than McCain or Romney. Interestingly the cheap shots against him came during the primaries from fellow democrats.
Hillary did not lose because she was a woman, in fact, if anything,  she was aided by that. She lost to the Trumpian appeal to working voters, and her disgusting put down of republican voters.
Biden chose Harris as Veep because he vowed to pick a woman. Biden won on his own, though. He swore to be a steady hand and voters were tired of Trump.
Now we have a mess created by failed Biden policies and desperate democrats trying to save the House and the Senate more than the Presidency. Identity politics have no place in this election.  Kamala Harris is no longer an unknown candidate. She has to prove, instead, that the administration she was second in command for  the last three years is capable of righting the ship that 66 per cent of country feels is headed in the wrong direction.

Sorry, dozed off there...did you say anything new or interesting?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42391 on: July 23, 2024, 10:06:19 AM »

I am waiting to hear Kamala's stance on immigration. Doubt she could possibly so misled. Bigots are those saying she is the same or worse than Santa Joe. She is in her political prime and does not owe the fringe element of the dems anything but the back of her hand.

I love it when Luee targets bigotry!
Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42392 on: July 23, 2024, 10:11:10 AM »

she will need to figure out a way to appeal in all 50 states

12, actually.  Math is your friend.  12 states can get you to 270.
Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42393 on: July 23, 2024, 10:15:54 AM »

And as the Limey one notes, only half dozen are actually in play now.
Im on the pavement

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42394 on: July 23, 2024, 10:16:44 AM »

From her history as a prosecuter my guess is she is more right of center. Probably brought in to balance the ticket. The mood of the country is definitly moving anti-mass immigration. Sadly attempts to remove santa Joe from office will probably fail. Boys in the hood dont have a clue they are being played.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42395 on: July 23, 2024, 10:25:16 AM »

Biden has our economy the envy of the world.
The American economy has always been the envy of the world.
But Americans have been souring on it since Biden took over.
Record inflation since 2021 drives Bideneconomics, reflecting his irresponsible spending.

His own party has rebelled and forced him to abandon reelection plans.
Imagine that. The party arguing to save democracy just threw its own primary voters under a bus.
The democrat brain trust is all for democracy as long as the votes of voters are fungible at its whim.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42396 on: July 23, 2024, 10:32:51 AM »

So much hackery from the man "sitting this one out."
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42397 on: July 23, 2024, 10:35:17 AM »

Mnemonic  - states needed to win

PANVAZ WIGAMI

Whoever can arrange these state abbrevs to form a better mnemonic will receive a plate of delicious Tamil Nadu dosa, like Kamalas mom made.  Kamala Harris, I mean, our first Tamil Afro-Jamaican Non-Penised President. 

Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42398 on: July 23, 2024, 10:37:25 AM »

Imagine that. The party arguing to save democracy just threw its own primary voters under a bus.

Fresh off the Vanceophone!

Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42399 on: July 23, 2024, 10:47:04 AM »

Still marveling at the stupidity of that Vancian argument.  Anyone bothering to vote in the primary would likely understand that checking  a box next to

Joseph Biden, President
Kamala Harris, VP

given Biden s age, is a vote for her as relief pitcher if Joes arm gets tired. 

Also, primaries carry no guarantee against candidate withdrawals, so it is understood that the delegates your vote sends to the convention may have to select another candidate, in a good faith effort to carry on the Party platform.  They are not legally bound to stay with a withdrawn candidate and what would be the point?
Im on the pavement

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42400 on: July 23, 2024, 10:58:12 AM »

Still marveling at the stupidity of that Vancian argument.  Anyone bothering to vote in the primary would likely understand that checking  a box next to

Joseph Biden, President
Kamala Harris, VP

given Biden s age, is a vote for her as relief pitcher if Joes arm gets tired. 

Also, primaries carry no guarantee against candidate withdrawals, so it is understood that the delegates your vote sends to the convention may have to select another candidate, in a good faith effort to carry on the Party platform.  They are not legally bound to stay with a withdrawn candidate and what would be the point?

It just gets worse for the dems.

Pelosi made the offer Joe could not refuse.
Quit the race or we enact the terms of the 25th Amendment.!

Now, given the resulting uncovering of medical opinions we learn Doctors advised that Joe is in no condition to continue as President.RIGHT NOW!

So we have the democrat brain trust undemocratically overturning a primary election, but allowing an unfit PRESIDENT to stay in office until Jan 2o, 2025.

Unbelievable.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42401 on: July 23, 2024, 11:10:18 AM »

Don't worry, Red!!! Your November vote for a functionally illiterate psychotic will go a long way to curing whatever ailments President Biden has created.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42402 on: July 23, 2024, 11:23:25 AM »

Unbelievable.

Sums up neatly the content of your post.

Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42403 on: July 23, 2024, 11:39:53 AM »

Fresh off the Vanceophone!
Notably, in much the same way Haley undemocratically threw her primary voters under the bus.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42404 on: July 23, 2024, 11:41:50 AM »

Mnemonic  - states needed to win

PANVAZ WIGAMI

Whoever can arrange these state abbrevs to form a better mnemonic will receive a plate of delicious Tamil Nadu dosa, like Kamalas mom made.  Kamala Harris, I mean, our first Tamil Afro-Jamaican Non-Penised President.
WINVAZ PAGAMI. Has "Win" in it and the second word sounds like Oragami. I think that makes it mnemonically superior.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 2917