Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2826 2827 [2828] 2829 2830 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741211 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42405 on: July 23, 2024, 11:58:13 AM »

Imagine that. The party arguing to save democracy just threw its own primary voters under a bus.

Fresh off the Vanceophone!
Notably, in much the same way Haley undemocratically threw her primary voters under the bus.
Well, no. You seem to be sliding toward mental sloppiness. Maybe a cognitive test or two is in order.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42406 on: July 23, 2024, 11:58:57 AM »

Mnemonic  - states needed to win

PANVAZ WIGAMI

Whoever can arrange these state abbrevs to form a better mnemonic will receive a plate of delicious Tamil Nadu dosa, like Kamalas mom made.  Kamala Harris, I mean, our first Tamil Afro-Jamaican Non-Penised President.
WINVAZ PAGAMI. Has "Win" in it and the second word sounds like Oragami. I think that makes it mnemonically superior.

Doh!  Yes.

Your dosa

« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:00:55 PM by Oil Filter »
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42407 on: July 23, 2024, 12:00:16 PM »

Imagine that. The party arguing to save democracy just threw its own primary voters under a bus.

Notably, in much the same way Haley undemocratically threw her primary voters under the bus.
Well, no. You seem to be sliding toward mental sloppiness. Maybe a cognitive test or two is in order.

Ah, insults.  Right on cue.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42408 on: July 23, 2024, 12:05:24 PM »

Per NBC, Harris's campaign has begun vetting at least five people for VP, four of whom have been mentioned here:

Gretchen Whitmer, who says she does not want the job,
Roy Cooper, NC Gov
Mark Kelly
Josh Shapiro

It adds Minnesota Gov Tim Walz, who has an interesting background.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:20:04 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42409 on: July 23, 2024, 12:19:02 PM »

I think I like Jared Polis, Governor of purple Colorado as Veep, if only for his response upon being asked about it:

"Look, if they do the polling and it turns out they need a 49 year old balding gay Jew from Boulder, Colorado, they've got my number."
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42410 on: July 23, 2024, 12:28:58 PM »

Well, yes it is the same. But then your intellectual dishonesty, Trump support and acute partisanship has been long established so I understand you will not admit it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:30:46 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42411 on: July 23, 2024, 01:28:04 PM »

Well, yes it is the same. But then your intellectual dishonesty, Trump support and acute partisanship has been long established so I understand you will not admit it.

Red has been failing this cognitive test for years now and he does not seem to be doing much useful with the information.

He does like to tell on himself though. I do not think he can stop announcing and highlighting his mental deficiencies.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42413 on: July 23, 2024, 01:37:39 PM »

Still marveling at the stupidity of that Vancian argument.  Anyone bothering to vote in the primary would likely understand that checking  a box next to

Joseph Biden, President
Kamala Harris, VP

given Biden s age, is a vote for her as relief pitcher if Joes arm gets tired. 

Also, primaries carry no guarantee against candidate withdrawals, so it is understood that the delegates your vote sends to the convention may have to select another candidate, in a good faith effort to carry on the Party platform.  They are not legally bound to stay with a withdrawn candidate and what would be the point?

It just gets worse for the dems.

Pelosi made the offer Joe could not refuse.
Quit the race or we enact the terms of the 25th Amendment.!

Now, given the resulting uncovering of medical opinions we learn Doctors advised that Joe is in no condition to continue as President.RIGHT NOW!

So we have the democrat brain trust undemocratically overturning a primary election, but allowing an unfit PRESIDENT to stay in office until Jan 2o, 2025.

Unbelievable.

Primary voters chose the TICKET. Primary winners determine the delegates.

There is nothing undemocratic in Joe Biden stepping away from the campaign and VP on the TICKET stepping up in his stead.

As far as Joe Biden being unfit he fortunately does not seem to have a phobia about electric boats and sharks.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42414 on: July 23, 2024, 02:14:10 PM »

Well, yes.
Forget the cognitive tests. Your problem is ignorance.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42415 on: July 23, 2024, 02:28:49 PM »

Well, yes.
RedDick is posting to his mirror again.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42416 on: July 23, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »

Well, yes.
you made the statement you cannot defend or explain.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42417 on: July 23, 2024, 02:37:59 PM »

There is nothing undemocratic in Joe Biden stepping away from the campaign and VP on the TICKET stepping up in his stead.

Larry and Harry may have failed the same political science course.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42418 on: July 23, 2024, 03:10:04 PM »

Well, yes.
Yournproblem is your intellectual dishonesty and partisan hackers. Haley ended her campaign prior to the convention and released the delegates pledged to vote for her. As did Biden. You PROVEN LIAR.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42419 on: July 23, 2024, 03:49:58 PM »

Well, yes.
Yournproblem is your intellectual dishonesty and partisan hackers. Haley ended her campaign prior to the convention and released the delegates pledged to vote for her. As did Biden. You PROVEN LIAR.
Wrong. Haley had no choice.
Biden had the nomination cinched
He was forced to quit the race  by the party big wigs because they felt he could not win the election and would also drag down Senate and House candidates. These are the same big wigs who covered up his declining mental  health, telling us he still had it and was sharp as ever.Now his doctors are coming forth on just how incapacitated he really is with one even saying Biden will be institutionalized by 2028.
These same bigwigs orchestrated Lawfare against the GOP opposition and hoped Biden could survive Election Day with his opponent in jail.

Well Biden got exposed as unfit, stubbornly plodded on,(literally) while his poll numbers tanked, and Lawfare not only failed but gave his likely opponent bigger poll advantages.

So the democrats are back in the proverbial smoke  filled room having thrown the Democratic process to the wind.

Pages: 1 ... 2826 2827 [2828] 2829 2830 ... 2917