Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2837 2838 [2839] 2840 2841 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741125 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42570 on: July 29, 2024, 05:25:21 PM »

Biden proposes SCOTUS reforms.
Harris dutifully laps them up.

DOA

Alive and kicking after January 20, 2025!
Better bone up on the Constitution

Two out of three are a matter of Congressional action. The proposal to end presidential immunity would require a Constitutional amendment.

Biden is putting down a marker for the American people and these issues will be great campaign fodder.
not for anyone with a brain.

Anyone with a brain knew they were voting straight Democratic across their ballot once trump had eaten all of his republican opponents.

Fixing the crooked Supreme Court so it stops twisting the law and ruining lives is the kind of good idea that gets people off the fence. One party is offering solutions while the other promises a repeat of their violence. We will not go back so it is a bonus that going forward will include a solid plan to improve the Supreme Court
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42571 on: July 29, 2024, 07:18:55 PM »

DOA

Two out of three are a matter of Congressional action. The proposal to end presidential immunity would require a Constitutional amendment.

Biden is putting down a marker for the American people and these issues will be great campaign fodder.
I think Congress can mandate an enforceable.code.of ethics,, and i can see the argument for term limits through Congressional action, but for some reason, I suspect when those issues get to the current Supreme Court...
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42572 on: July 29, 2024, 07:59:33 PM »

DOA

I think Congress can mandate an enforceable.code.of ethics,, and i can see the argument for term limits through Congressional action, but for some reason, I suspect when those issues get to the current Supreme Court...
first. 
There is no sane argument for any of this reform.
It is all democrat sour grapes( and whitewashing of similar faux transgressions by Ginsberg , Breyer, et al.
The dems since 2007 have had numerous opportunities to do all of this, but passed, since they did not have the votes.
The argument for termlimits is is as stupid as Harry Reid deep sixing the fight over court nominations. Unless you want to relive the the dem embarrassment over a wholly inadequate nomination of Merrick Garland.
But keep in mind from Russia!, to Lawfare, and all points in between,
the dems are not interested in democracy. Annd never have been.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42573 on: July 29, 2024, 08:10:22 PM »

I could see a marginal chance that, given the 18 year limit would be grandfathered (so to speak) WRT current members, Roberts and Gorsuch could take a baby step away from the pack for a moment.  The beer, boats, and inverted flags cadre, not so much.

Not that such a bill could be challenged in SCROTUS because it would never find its simple majority in Congress.  Unless the down-ballot picture improves remarkably in the coming months.

Red, as usual just has insults but no substantial argument against the merits of term limits.  The longterm impact is not partisan, so how would he understand it?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42574 on: July 29, 2024, 08:19:56 PM »

But keep in mind from Russia to Lawfare, and all points in between,

So true!  What we want are electronic collars of servitude on all citizens, who we will call thralls.  Public entertainment will be gladiatorial battles with a few elite liberal superbrains in vats who watch and place bets.  The currency will be called quatloos.  Our secret Democratic cabal of Illuminati laid it all out around sixty years ago, disguised as an episode of a sci-fi series in which those wearing red shirts tended to die in numbers that should have led to StarFleet reforms but somehow never did.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42575 on: July 29, 2024, 08:29:28 PM »

So true!  What we want are electronic collars of servitude on all citizens, who we will call thralls.  Public entertainment will be gladiatorial battles with a few elite liberal superbrains in vats who watch and place bets.  The currency will be called quatloos.  Our secret Democratic cabal of Illuminati laid it all out around sixty years ago, disguised as an episode of a sci-fi series in which those wearing red shirts tended to die in numbers that should have led to StarFleet reforms but somehow never did.
Even Worse than its history. Not to mention throwing Biden out as well

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42576 on: July 29, 2024, 08:46:13 PM »

I could see a marginal chance that, given the 18 year limit would be grandfathered (so to speak) WRT current members, Roberts and Gorsuch could take a baby step away from the pack for a moment.  The beer, boats, and inverted flags cadre, not so much.

Not that such a bill could be challenged in SCROTUS because it would never find its simple majority in Congress.  Unless the down-ballot picture improves remarkably in the coming months.

Red, as usual just has insults but no substantial argument against the merits of term limits.  The longterm impact is not partisan, so how would he understand it?

The down ballot picture could greatly improve as those politicians loyal to Trump in swing districts may suffer the same fate (losing) as Trump.  Also the Electoral College map should expand as Dems challenge in Sun Belt states such as Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina. Add that to the midwestern Blue Wall and things could be interesting.

Biggest problem for the GOP is the WEIRD label has proven to be sticky and will be hard to shake off over the next three months and change.

GOP will paint Harris as an unqualified Ultra Liberal but that will be diluted because of the simple reason her 2019 rhetoric was attacked from the progressive left and her record before and since do not match her language that did not get her to the Iowa caucus.

Voters who are not hyper political will be just tuning into the campaign come early September and the Prosecutor vs Felon will be a hard frame for Trump to shake.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42577 on: July 29, 2024, 08:47:42 PM »

Snark! Bravo!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42578 on: July 29, 2024, 08:53:35 PM »

Lawfare, n: our Presidential candidate got caught crimin' and has to pay the price.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42579 on: July 29, 2024, 08:59:28 PM »

the dems are not interested in democracy. Annd never have been[size]

ROFLMAO!

Democracy? You mean the way Trump called on January Sixers to protect democracy? Or what he told the Evangelicals last week?

And again, Christians, get out and vote just this time. You wont have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed. It will be fine. You wont have to vote anymore. My beautiful Christians, I love you Christians. Im a Christian. I love you. Get out, you got to get out and vote. In four years you dont  have to vote again. We will have it fixed so good you are not going to have to get out and vote.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/donald-trump/yes-trump-did-tell-an-audience-you-wont-have-to-vote-anymore-if-he-is-reelected/536-f2c2cca3-30ff-4ef1-9661-7f6be5120cbf

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42580 on: July 29, 2024, 09:08:20 PM »

ROFLMAO!

Democracy? You mean the way Trump called on January Sixers to protect democracy? Or what he told the Evangelicals last week?

And again, Christians, get out and vote just this time. You wont have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed. It will be fine. You wont have to vote anymore. My beautiful Christians, I love you Christians. Im a Christian. I love you. Get out, you got to get out and vote. In four years you dont  have to vote again. We will have it fixed so good you are not going to have to get out and vote.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/donald-trump/yes-trump-did-tell-an-audience-you-wont-have-to-vote-anymore-if-he-is-reelected/536-f2c2cca3-30ff-4ef1-9661-7f6be5120cbf
That was a defense of democrats?
If so you failed.
You keep wanting to play a zero sum game and you keep pissing your pants.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42581 on: July 29, 2024, 09:48:09 PM »

He can cut and paste from online dictionaries without ever deciphering a single definition, our friend Red.

Does the squalor of his comprehension get made up for even in part by his tendency to tell on himself when trying to describe or ascribe anything to the fine patriots in the Democratic Party?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42582 on: July 29, 2024, 10:28:03 PM »

He can cut and paste from online dictionaries without ever deciphering a single definition, our friend Red.

Does the squalor of his comprehension get made up for even in part by his tendency to tell on himself when trying to describe or ascribe anything to the fine patriots in the Democratic Party?

He suffers from the .Republican malady of PROJECTION! Everything accusation is a confession.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42583 on: July 29, 2024, 10:30:10 PM »

Thank God for Mayor Bass who is taking the homeless situation very seriously and is working tirelessly to help our homeless people.

And Mayor Bass is close with Kamala Harris.

I was going crazy as the factories all closed and as the jobs left and as more and more homeless people ended up on the streets, and it was even against the law to feed the homeless in Hollywood, we had walking skeletons on our sidewalks in Hollywood. I met a guy with "Food Without Borders" and he broke the law by feeding the homeless in Hollywood, he passed out sandwiches and bottles of water to the homeless.

My dearly departed friend Tom helped to raise over $1 Million to feed the hungry by organizing a team of guys from N/A to sell beer and hot dogs at Angel Stadium, for Canning Hunger.

And we can invite the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines to invest here in Hollywood and to make films and television shows here and radio commercials, etc, and they can sell San Miguel Beer at the stadiums in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Anaheim, Las Vegas, San Diego, etc. And they can open restaurants here, and they can invest in Real Estate, etc.

And I like Natalie Rubalcava a lot, she is great.

In Europe the Pope is doing great, along with Giorgia Meloni, and the King of Spain.

The new movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi of Iran is going to start a movement, and Mahlagha Jaberi can help, and Natalie Portman and Muzi, as women work for improved human rights, and better human rights for all people.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 10:41:27 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42584 on: July 29, 2024, 11:27:44 PM »

ROFLMAO!

That was a defense of democrats?
If so you failed.
You keep wanting to play a zero sum game and you keep pissing your pants.

Democrats need no defense for it is the GOP attacking democracy, trying to make it harder to vote, making it harder for voters to stay enrolled by hiring operatives to challenge voters en masse for the flimsiest rationales

The strategy is part of a wider effort raising questions about the integrity of this years election as former President Donald Trump repeatedly claims without evidence that his opponents are trying to cheat

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/conservative-groups-want-to-clean-voter-rolls-raising-concerns-about-election-integrity

Their fail safe strategy for when they lose regardless of their efforts to suppress the vote will be to refuse to certify the election results.

Across these swing states, Trump loyalists stand ready to disrupt the results of democratically held elections-at least 22 of them have already refused or delayed certification in recent years, indicating likely chaos in November.

Republicans have even begun fighting for the right to refuse to certify elections based on absolutely nothing

https://newrepublic.com/post/184340/trump-election-deniers-power-swing-states

It is you who is doing the pissing. You think it is raining because you keep pissing into a strong wind.

Pages: 1 ... 2837 2838 [2839] 2840 2841 ... 2917