Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 2916

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 739841 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42690 on: August 02, 2024, 01:07:37 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.
You cannot be serious.

Article II, sec.1, clause 6 (further clarified by the 25th A).  See the rest of my post which you felt it necessary to trim away.
I was right.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42691 on: August 02, 2024, 01:09:56 PM »

news flash: Democrats are allowed to disagree on policy. Because serious political party have internal policy debates.
Of course.
It is part of the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS that happenes in primaries.
The dems took that part away all the while arguing this election was to save DEMOCRACY!

That dog will not hunt.
Not in your political biosphere it won't. In the real world it hunts just fine,
The real world of the democrats? Eliminate the vetting of candidates in a democratic process and say you are saving democracy?

What do you care about how we select our candidates?

In 2021 139 Republicans tried to prevent the inauguration of President Elect Joe Biden so miss me with your bullshit about the democratic process you fucking hypocrite.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 01:35:29 PM by LarryB! »
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42692 on: August 02, 2024, 01:12:09 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.
You cannot be serious.

Article II, sec.1, clause 6 (further clarified by the 25th A).  See the rest of my post which you felt it necessary to trim away.
I was right.

Tisnt.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42693 on: August 02, 2024, 01:14:32 PM »

news flash: Democrats are allowed to disagree on policy. Because serious political party have internal policy debates.
Of course.
The dems took that part away all the while arguing this election was to save DEMOCRACY!

That dog will not hunt.
The real world of the democrats? Eliminate the vetting of candidates in a democratic process and say you are saving democracy?

In 2021 139 Republicans tried to prevent the inauguration of President Elect Joe Biden do miss me with your bullshit about the democratic process you fucking hypocrite.

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42694 on: August 02, 2024, 01:16:13 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

In 2021 139 Republicans tried to prevent the inauguration of President Elect Joe Biden do miss me with your bullshit about the democratic process you fucking hypocrite.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42695 on: August 02, 2024, 01:27:45 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

Obviously someone should since you do not.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42696 on: August 02, 2024, 01:28:48 PM »

You cannot be serious.

I was right.

Tisnt.

And you yourself made the point that this years primary was largely a formality, a ceremonial rite of recognition.  So that would undermine your other argument that the primary is a BFD and cannot ever have its winner assign someone else as replacement.   

Especially when that replacement is ALREADY VETTED and already on the ticket. 

The real reason you are suddenly a big fan of an open convention is that it would have caused some chaos and considerable shortening of the campaigning period of whoever emerged from that process.  Democracy was doing just fine because most Democrats favored skipping an open convention and just passing the ball to Harris.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42697 on: August 02, 2024, 01:34:22 PM »

Harris has been on a ballot.  And won as potential president  so she was accepted and vetted democratically.  Given Biden has been our oldest POTUS, Harris has been regarded as a potential prez more than any other in history (except possibly Truman who was picked specifically as a future POTUS given party insiders knew FDR was quite ill and likely to die).

The Right is making a specious and bad faith argument.

They are whining and wailing because they and the media had so effectively beat up on Biden for being old and declaring him unfit to be president he reluctantly agreed and stepped down. That upset their game plan for they picked Vance because they were convinced they would win and win BIG and the MAGA Padawan was supposed to help run up the score.

No Trump AND Vance present as weird compared to the Dems.

They are crying foul because they let themselves get played.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42698 on: August 02, 2024, 01:46:51 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

Obviously someone should since you do not.

Our candidate was the incumbent who was standing for re-election and a couple of folks decided to challenge and they got blown out. 14 million voted for the incumbent ticket. How many serious challengers were there for the 2020 incumbent, huh? Bill Weld? Joe Walsh? Mark Sanford? Fuck off!

You are mad because the GOP playd itself. Sorry SUCKERS.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42699 on: August 02, 2024, 01:55:04 PM »

You cannot be serious.

I was right.

Tisnt.

And you yourself made the point that this years primary was largely a formality, a ceremonial rite of recognition.  So that would undermine your other argument that the primary is a BFD and cannot ever have its winner assign someone else as replacement.   
Harris was vetted in 2020 and got no( as in ZERO) delegates
This year she got none, only delegates she recruited after Biden was cast aside.
And no subsequent vetting.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42700 on: August 02, 2024, 02:04:56 PM »

You cannot be serious.

I was right.

Tisnt.

This year she got none, only delegates she recruited after Biden was cast aside.

Harris dropped out in 2019 before the Iowa caucuses so no one had a chance to vote on her. This year she was on the INCUMBENT ticket and the president stepped down and endorsed her to step up.
As far as Vetting,

Bruh, she has been on the World Stage for three and a half years!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42701 on: August 02, 2024, 02:09:52 PM »

Harris has already obtained a majority of delegates in the "We do not trust Ohio Republicans to keep their word" pre-convention nominating canvas. Because, you see, the delegates elected to the convention were able to vote on their preferred candidate once the candidate they were pledged to voluntary withdrew and released them. Just like Haley and DeSantis delegates could. That is a representative democracy in action.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42702 on: August 02, 2024, 02:11:18 PM »

Of course.

That dog will not hunt.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42703 on: August 02, 2024, 02:12:06 PM »

Harris has already obtained a majority of delegates in the "We do not trust Ohio Republicans to keep their word" pre-convention nominating canvas. Because, you see, the delegates elected to the convention were able to vote on their preferred candidate once the candidate they were pledged to voluntary withdrew and released them. Just like Haley and DeSantis delegates could. That is a representative democracy in action.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42704 on: August 02, 2024, 02:14:49 PM »

You cannot be serious.

I was right.

Tisnt.

Harris dropped out in 2019 before the Iowa caucuses so no one had a chance to vote on her. This year she was on the INCUMBENT ticket and the president stepped down and endorsed her to step up.
As far as Vetting,

Bruh, she has been on the World Stage for three and a half years!
It's pretty clear that Red is just trolling.  The guy he voted for last time (do I need to add "and this time too!!!"?) actually tried to overturn the results of the election and Red didn't say a word.  I mean Red's a hypocrite and all that, but even he's not that much of one.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 2916