Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741426 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42976 on: August 12, 2024, 08:49:51 PM »

Republicanism in 2024 has been boiled down to the Lolita Express campaign with the Titanic theme play as it goes down.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42977 on: August 12, 2024, 10:03:21 PM »

When will the Democrats be introducing:

. 4 weeks paid annual leave for all workers
.  paid maternity leave
.  paid paternity leave
. Universal healthcare for every citizen
.  10% suoerannuation paid into fund for worker's retirement

to lift the US up the rankings of best countries in which to live?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42978 on: August 13, 2024, 05:05:22 AM »

When will the Democrats be introducing:

. 4 weeks paid annual leave for all workers
.  paid maternity leave
.  paid paternity leave
. Universal healthcare for every citizen
.  10% suoerannuation paid into fund for worker's retirement

to lift the US up the rankings of best countries in which to live?

We are making progress in some ways, Kentucky has a $1 Billion surplus that can go to Education and to Literacy programs, etc. And they can feed the students at the schools wonderful healthy food.

In California we have 175,000 homeless people, we need to help them, a lot of people are wasting their whole lives on the streets homeless, I met a man who was homeless for 16 years, he wasted 16 years of his life out there homeless on the street not accomplishing anything. And even Sunkist and Agriculture is better than what we have now, we need to put the homeless to work in the gardens and orchards and vineyards, etc.

I am trying to bring the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines to come to California to do business here and to be altruistic and help people.

And Labor Unions are the way to get better incentives for workers.

Then too during a labor shortage companies can compete by offering better benefits. So as the economy improves then so too will incentives for workers.

And Malibu is a great place to live here in America, I might buy a home there after I become successful, I love Malibu.

Anaheim is nice, and I am grateful, and it is improving here, but I still love Malibu more.

And all good incentives Bambu, and we have made a lot of progress since the Great Depression, we will continue to make progress. In a lot of ways we are heading in the direction of France, with smaller apartments, and with bicycles and public transportation instead of owning cars, people are learning to live smaller in order to work less and to have more time off. Plus, homes are expensive so people get smaller apartments, etc.

I do not like the Japanese Business Model where they work themselves to death and work 100 hours per week just to die poor. I like the French and Italian Business Models better, with 40 hours per week at work and a better standard of living. And I like the Greeks, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 05:12:09 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42979 on: August 13, 2024, 06:51:16 PM »

Often homeless people have no other choice.
With cheap labour immigrants both illegal and legal pouring in and filling any vacant jobs, the homeless don't stand a chance.
What's left?
Retreating to drugs and alchol to numb the pain of hunger, misery and living in squalor.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #42981 on: August 13, 2024, 11:06:33 PM »

50K participants on a Republicans for Hattis Zoom call
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42982 on: August 13, 2024, 11:15:43 PM »

50K participants on a Republicans for Hattis Zoom call

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42983 on: August 13, 2024, 11:18:11 PM »

Take it as a good sign that trump is field testing places he can flee America to once he loses rather than disparaging nicknames for foes and reporters.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42984 on: August 14, 2024, 01:13:14 AM »

Often homeless people have no other choice.
With cheap labour immigrants both illegal and legal pouring in and filling any vacant jobs, the homeless don't stand a chance.
What's left?
Retreating to drugs and alchol to numb the pain of hunger, misery and living in squalor.

Richard Branson is a great guy with a lot of power and money, maybe he can help the homeless in America. And if I owned Universal Studios then I have a lot of ideas on what I would do to help people, along with producing great movies, and television shows, and music, etc.

And maybe Rick Caruso and other rich people can help... here are a few ideas...

We can buy lots of cheap land in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and we can build a master planned community, we can build housing like in Santorini, Greece, with small but awesome apartments with high density, and with swimming pools, tennis courts, and libraries, etc. And everything can be there in one location so they can walk and ride bicycles, and so that people will not need to own cars. And Battle Mountain has a Greyhound Bus Station, etc, and a Railroad, and highways, plus an airport, etc. Some ideas on ways for the people to make money would be for them to build greenhouses and to grow flowers to sell to San Francisco, and to raise pigs to sell bacon and pork to San Francisco, etc. And San Francisco is also a port city for importing and exporting, etc.

Then, there is California City which is all mapped out to be a huge great city. I recommend using California City for the Senior Citizens to retire to. They have a Golf Course, and they can have a bowling alley, movie theatre, book store, Apple computer store, restaurants, and a hospital and dental care and a pharmacy, etc, they can have everything the Senior Citizens need in California City. And they can build nice fun housing with cheap small apartments and they can start bringing all of the homeless Senior Citizens from Los Angeles to California City.

We can also expand Agriculture, and companies such as Sunkist can hire people here in California, and we need to have fun cheap small apartments with swimming pools, and tennis courts, and libraries, etc. And the wineries can hire people, etc. And we can send wine and oranges to China, etc.

Also, the Basques can do Fire Prevention by having herds of cattle, sheep, and goats, to graze on the vegetation, and they can make Ice Cream, and Filet Mignon, etc.

And we need cheap hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower, and Sober Living Homes for $450 per month, etc.

Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can help to guide Oakland back to civilization, and can help to save San Bernardino, etc. And Father Boyle can help all around the world on the issue of gangs and drugs and crime.

We also need to support Boy's Town, and we need to help the Foster Youth, and we need to give a free college education to the Foster Youth, etc.

Kentucky has a $1 Billion surplus that can be used on Education and Literacy programs, and they can feed the students wonderful healthy food at school, and they can train Doctors and Psychiatrists and Teachers, etc. And we need to train Doctors and Psychiatrists BIG time, in order to help the homeless, etc.

We can hook the Refugees at the Southern Border up with the Labor Unions, and they can go straight to work at a good job where they will be treated fair as a Union worker.

We also need to help the Abused Women who make up a lot of the homeless population, we need Safe Houses, etc, and we need to help the women. And for instance an abused woman from Miami can escape from an abusive relationship and she can go live in Denver, etc, abused women from New York can go live in New Orleans, etc. They can hide the abused women in safe places and they can help them with Therapy and help, etc.

We also need to support Children of the Night which helps the homeless Youth on the streets of Hollywood, California.

And we can expand trade with Mexico as things improve in Mexico.

Kiwanis International has a Village in Victoria, British Columbia, for homeless refugees, etc.

And as Los Angeles prepares for the Olympics in 2028 then lots of jobs will be created for house painters, and for landscapers, and for people to lay cobblestones, etc, and for the many other jobs that will be created as we prepare to host the Olympic Games.

And the Churches can help the homeless.

We can bring in the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines to help here in Hollywood, California, and they can be altruistic, etc.

And we need to build schools all over, etc, and libraries, etc. Along with the swimming pools and tennis courts, etc.

Those are a few ideas.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 01:15:11 AM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42986 on: August 14, 2024, 01:31:55 PM »

I am definitely in the "say the S, spell the S" camp. Damn the AP! Strunk and White have never let me down. Harris's! Walz's! Here I stand. I can do no other.

Grammar Nerds Engaged In Harris-Walz Apostrophe Battle
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ap-us-election-2024-harris-grammar_n_66bccef9e4b0b1dc5303b061
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 01:34:27 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42989 on: August 14, 2024, 06:37:21 PM »

A talking point bites the dust

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/08/14/business/cpi-inflation-fed?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
Larry flunked math.

You keep flunking citizenship and humanity, Red. That is why you are a famous flunky with no credibility left to burn.
Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 2917