Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2870 2871 [2872] 2873 2874 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741151 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43066 on: August 20, 2024, 11:24:56 AM »

And my mother said I was handsome and resembled Robert Redford.

Heh.

Wanted to post pics of Louise, the newest member of the Oil family, but the attach file software no longer seems functional, at least when I'm on a Chrome tablet.  Spent half the night trying not to crush her when I rolled over.  She finally set up a base camp between my and the sigboths pillows, where the crushing hazard was less (but dragon breath hazard higher).

Anyway, full cognitive function is temporarily on hiatus in the Louise Brooks Oilcan household. 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43067 on: August 20, 2024, 11:46:49 AM »

So it looks like maximum individual jpeg size is 128 KB??  When were any photos remotely near that file size?  1995?  Can't crop it that small with the photo editor on this tablet, so will have to send it to a Windows pc.  Or my old photobucket page, if that's still accessible.

What is it with kittens?  It's like the neighbor lady and my spouse joined up in some kind of Jedi mind trick to convince me we needed one.  My son is staying with us for a while - he wisely went and hid somewhere when they were plotting to have him take one of the kittens, too.  He has foiled several ambushes.  The basic tactic is rather sinister - sneak up with a box of five kittens, hold them under someone's nose until they are forced to look down and make eye contact.  It's something they wouldn't do at Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo, because some lines even our military won't cross.
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43068 on: August 20, 2024, 12:17:29 PM »

And my mother said I was handsome and resembled Robert Redford.

Heh.

Wanted to post pics of Louise, the newest member of the Oil family, but the attach file software no longer seems functional, at least when I'm on a Chrome tablet.  Spent half the night trying not to crush her when I rolled over.  She finally set up a base camp between my and the sigboths pillows, where the crushing hazard was less (but dragon breath hazard higher).

Anyway, full cognitive function is temporarily on hiatus in the Louise Brooks Oilcan household.
Honorary Childless Cat Lady?
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43069 on: August 20, 2024, 12:44:03 PM »

Mos def.  My father grew up on a farm with a cat population of 20-25 cats, our family usually had 2-4 on hand, so most of us are poster children for the toxoplasmosis fund.  Our main resident cat, Diana, is so pissed with the current situation that she periodically walks through any room we are in growling and moaning dramatically to remind us of the filthy vermin that has invaded her domain.  Too late to rename Diana Luee, and that would be confusing anyway.
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43070 on: August 20, 2024, 12:51:21 PM »

Personally I have never been much of a cat person. They really do not care.for you unless they need something and parade around like they own the place and you exist to serve them and I have already had a teenager.

My dog, on the other hand, is always excited and surprised when I come home. Someone should be. Excited that is. It would not be good for the surprised part to be routine.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43071 on: August 20, 2024, 02:30:46 PM »

Its electorial not electrical Joe.  No Joe no money in the VA for the veterans. All funding to immigrants. Other than that a surprisingly good swansong speech.

Please produce evidence theres no money in the VA for the veterans.

Otherwise just shut the fuck up
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43072 on: August 20, 2024, 02:44:50 PM »

Personally I have never been much of a cat person. They really do not care.for you unless they need something and parade around like they own the place and you exist to serve them and I have already had a teenager.

My dog, on the other hand, is always excited and surprised when I come home. Someone should be. Excited that is. It would not be good for the surprised part to be routine.

My  sweet 15 year old Cocker/King Charles girl passed in April (Devastating) but my 16 year old Lilac Point Siamese is still hale and hearty. Last August my dachshund/chihuahua girl passed at 17.

One thing to know about pets is doggos have owners, cats have staff.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43073 on: August 20, 2024, 03:59:44 PM »

The First night of the DNC

Joe Biden, object of a coup by fellow elitist democrats,was given a graveyard time slot to say goodbye.
The rest of the speakers touched on issues like the Border (8 times) Crime (6 times) and inflation (3times), but the leading the list was Trump(147 times).
Obviously it is the only issue the party sees as a winning one.
Which it may well be.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43074 on: August 20, 2024, 04:30:20 PM »

Joe Biden, object of a coup
Another word you do not seem to know the definition of.
by fellow elitist democrats,was given a graveyard time slot to say goodbye.
Or, they gave his speech the joyful celebratory atmosphere it deserved by building up to it all night, depending on whether you are going to criticize anything the Democrats do, regardless of reality.
The rest of the speakers touched on issues like the Border (8 times) Crime (6 times) and inflation (3times), but the leading the list was Trump(147 times).
Interesting list, since it excludes the biggest substantive topic of the night, abortion and choice, as well as protecting democracy, the economy generally and Biden's accomplishments along with literally every other issue the Democrats want to stress in their campaign. To the surprise of no one except those who want to criticize anything they do, the Democrats did not choose to emphasize the other party's issues. What a surprise.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 04:43:18 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43075 on: August 20, 2024, 05:09:43 PM »

Every so often I like to cruise the multiverse to see alternate timeliness and see if there is one where Michelle Yeoh spanks me like a Daniel. I did that today and ran across this post:

Joe Biden, object of a coup by fellow elitist democrats,was stuck in the middle of the program, ignored as an afterthought....
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43076 on: August 20, 2024, 05:32:28 PM »

Oh! Here is another one!

Joe Biden, object of a coup by fellow elitist democrats,was given a speaking spot early in the evening, before anyone was settled in, kicking him to the curb and bidding good riddance before even getting started....
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43077 on: August 20, 2024, 05:35:11 PM »

Interesingly another alternate timeliness included this language:

The rest of the speakers touched on issues like the Border (87 times) Crime (63 times) and inflation (94 times).
Obviously my idol Trump's campaign issues are finding their mark!

A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43078 on: August 20, 2024, 05:44:48 PM »

I am certain there is a bear cub joke to be made here, somewhere:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/politics/trump-consider-appointing-rfk-jr-administration-role/index.html

Actually, it is nice to see his running mate essentially admitting that they have literally nothing to do with the progressive alternative they have been positioning themselves as.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43079 on: August 20, 2024, 09:28:12 PM »

I am certain there is a bear cub joke to be made here, somewhere:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/politics/trump-consider-appointing-rfk-jr-administration-role/index.html

Actually, it is nice to see his running mate essentially admitting that they have literally nothing to do with the progressive alternative they have been positioning themselves as.

Brain damaged grifters tend to nest together as trump and RFK are now trying to do. Unfortunately RFK has fears of being drowned in flung ketchup while trump fears being consigned to RFKs roadkill freezer as he is famously gamey and going off. These concerns are causing insurmountable friction between the two camps.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2870 2871 [2872] 2873 2874 ... 2917