Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741074 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43080 on: August 20, 2024, 11:51:26 PM »

The First night of the DNC

Joe Biden, object of a coup by fellow elitist democrats,was given a graveyard time slot to say goodbye.
The rest of the speakers touched on issues like the Border (8 times) Crime (6 times) and inflation (3times), but the leading the list was Trump(147 times).
Obviously it is the only issue the party sees as a winning one.
Which it may well be.

GOP still salty they do not have their chosen opponent
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43081 on: August 21, 2024, 09:54:50 AM »

Personally I have never been much of a cat person. They really do not care.for you unless they need something and parade around like they own the place and you exist to serve them and I have already had a teenager.

My dog, on the other hand, is always excited and surprised when I come home. Someone should be. Excited that is. It would not be good for the surprised part to be routine.

We had both, and agreed the dog is more evidently delighted to be in your company.  Our cats have varied.  Weve has doglike cats - greet you, follow you around, very engaged and playful - and others that are more reserved.  Some do care.  Had a couple that would go and sit on your lap if you were having a bad day.  Others more fuck your feelings, the litter box needs cleaning now.  (so yeah, we're staff.)

Your multiverses of Jimdickian snark seemed pretty real.  Biden scratched himself several times today.  Clear evidence of the stress eczema brought on by the ruthless Democrat machines cruel takedown...

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43082 on: August 21, 2024, 03:45:27 PM »

I wonder what pissed Trump off most last night: Pritzker's "take it from an actual billionaire" or Obama's hand gesture when talking about Trump's obsession with "crowd" size.

From a tweet:'I have lived long enough to see a former U.S. President make a dick joke about another former U.S. President and it is a worthy, subtle and gracefully delivered dick joke. If after I am departed from this vale, anyone claims I died unhappy they are lying."
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43084 on: August 21, 2024, 04:36:27 PM »

So far the only disappointing thing about the DNC for me is that for Arizona's vote they went with Stevie Nicks instead of something from the Meat Puppets, like Enchanted Pork Fist, or even Backwater or Lake of Fire.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43085 on: August 21, 2024, 07:35:05 PM »

News Item

A federal court in Texas has thrown out the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43086 on: August 21, 2024, 07:39:10 PM »

News Item

It was only a matter of time.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43087 on: August 21, 2024, 07:48:35 PM »

News Item

A federal court in Texas has thrown out the government  ban on noncompete agreements that was set to take effect September 4.

In her ruling, Judge Ada Brown of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas wrote that the federal agency had overstepped its power when it approved the ban.

The FTC lacks substantive rulemaking authority with respect to unfair methods of competition. The role of an administrative agency is to do as told by Congress, not to do what the agency think s  it should do.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 07:55:18 PM by jmmengel »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #43088 on: August 21, 2024, 07:56:41 PM »

News Item

Texas is a crazy place. Texas is fast growing and progressive even with some of the weirdos like Ted Cruz, etc. Texas has their Tex-Mex LOVE with Mexico, even with weirdos who are sending buses full of refugees to California. Texas is growing wine now, etc, Texas can put the Mexicans to work with good honest hard work. And for the Asians, Texas is a great land of opportunity for the poor from Hong Kong, etc. And Texas can work on new fun master planned communities, and also they can build dams and new hydro-electricity plants, etc. With the dams also comes water to put the Mexicans to work growing  food. Texas Markets could have great Produce Isles and can have a wonderful selection of food. Texas also loved Dale Evans who was born in Texas, and Willie Nelson is from Texas, etc. George W. Bush is also alive and well in Texas, may he live long and prosper. And Kamala can build high speed trains from Texas to New Orleans, and to Las Vegas, etc.

May God bless Texas.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 08:00:11 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43089 on: August 21, 2024, 08:01:48 PM »

News Item

A federal court in Texas has thrown out the government  ban on noncompete agreements that was set to take effect September 4.

In her ruling, Judge Ada Brown of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas wrote that the federal agency had overstepped its power when it approved the ban.

The FTC lacks substantive rulemaking authority with respect to unfair methods of competition. The role of an administrative agency is to do as told by Congress, not to do what the agency think s  it should do.
I note you did not post the ruling from PA that upheld the rule.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43090 on: August 21, 2024, 08:02:04 PM »

News Item

About time! 
Im on the pavement

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43091 on: August 21, 2024, 08:10:13 PM »

News Item

Then you know how this will end.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43092 on: August 22, 2024, 02:24:23 AM »

News Item

Then you know how this will end.

Chief Justice Michele Obama leading the seven Justice Majority for the next thirty years, better rulings and better outcomes.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43093 on: August 22, 2024, 10:37:42 AM »

So far the only disappointing thing about the DNC for me is that for Arizona's vote they went with Stevie Nicks instead of something from the Meat Puppets, like Enchanted Pork Fist, or even Backwater or Lake of Fire.

Landslide?  A little too on the nose if so.
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43094 on: August 22, 2024, 11:01:38 AM »

Landslide?  A little too on the nose if so.
Edge of 17.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 2917