Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 2916

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740604 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43545 on: September 11, 2024, 09:18:57 AM »

The question remains is whether she got one more vote from last night.  I doubt it.   I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that Red will reconsider his vote for Trump, but I doubt that too.

Trump was so unpresidential and ill prepared Harris will gain votes from the undecided group. The core support for Trump will remain dteady.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43546 on: September 11, 2024, 09:21:10 AM »

That was a comprehensive beat down!

venit eam vidit et flagellavit asinum suum

She came she saw she whipped his ass!
I bet Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Jesse Watters disagree with you! And Viktor Orban, too!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43547 on: September 11, 2024, 10:10:02 AM »

Or that his example of a world leader who respected him was Obran. And Harris looked as shocked and amused as I was.

Her reaction shots were pretty good.  I'm sure Maya Rudolph will be studying them. 

Agree her Trump baiting was masterful.  Def has those trial lawyer skills.  I would call her a master baiter but that doesn't sound quite right. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43548 on: September 11, 2024, 10:14:48 AM »

The question remains is whether she got one more vote from last night.  I doubt it.   I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that Red will reconsider his vote for Trump, but I doubt that too.

Trump was so unpresidential and ill prepared Harris will gain votes from the undecided group. The core support for Trump will remain dteady.

I could see his cruel comments on Biden towards the end shaving off a few more swing voters.  At least I'd like to think vicious nasty and unhinged can still drive a few away from the polls.  Just because people don't factcheck doesn't mean they can't detect unfitness.
Im on the pavement

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43549 on: September 11, 2024, 10:16:44 AM »

Fair enough.  I guess my question is whether, despite the polling, there actually are undecideds. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43550 on: September 11, 2024, 10:17:04 AM »

I think her wanting another debate is bluster. There is nothing she can say or do that would make it  better for her. The choice now is so completely obvious.
Yes, yes and yes.

Spelling out a few of her policy proposals more wouldn't hurt, but the debate format doesn't seem well suited to that.
Im on the pavement

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43551 on: September 11, 2024, 02:00:35 PM »

Disagree, the more Donald appears the more he hurts himself. He is sinking into old age rapidly.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43552 on: September 11, 2024, 02:04:46 PM »

Seems like a strong performance by the VP. Demented Donnie let her tiptoe around immigration policies of Santa Joe. Incredibly FOX blamed ABC.
Not incredibly, predictably. Trump has been blaming ABC for his poor showing ever since the debate was scheduled.
After looking through the Right Wing media it appears as though they are, indeed, blaming the refs like losers do. Expect RedDick to surface soon with a "3 against 1" comment.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43553 on: September 11, 2024, 02:06:23 PM »

Disagree, the more Donald appears the more he hurts himself. He is sinking into old age rapidly.

Holy hockey pucks!

I agree with luee!

Saints preserve us!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43554 on: September 11, 2024, 02:10:19 PM »

I think her wanting another debate is bluster. There is nothing she can say or do that would make it  better for her. The choice now is so completely obvious.
Yes, yes and yes.

Spelling out a few of her policy proposals more wouldn't hurt, but the debate format doesn't seem well suited to that.
Trump let his ego rule, just as expected. If he accepts a second debate he is toast. His better strategy is to decline arguing she is not a candidate of substance, just insults.
Of course so is he but he has a record , she does not.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43555 on: September 11, 2024, 02:11:47 PM »

he has a record

Yes, he does.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43556 on: September 11, 2024, 02:51:35 PM »

Many want to hear how she differentiates from Santa Joe and his failed immigration and economic policies.
Housing is the main inflation problem
https://www.axios.com/2024/09/11/cpi-report-housing-inflation
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43557 on: September 11, 2024, 03:34:43 PM »

Many want to hear how she differentiates from Santa Joe and his failed immigration and economic policies.
Housing is the main inflation problem
https://www.axios.com/2024/09/11/cpi-report-housing-inflation

She said she would sign this border bill that Biden would have signed if Trump had not killed it

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/politics/gop-senators-angry-trump-immigration-deal/index.html

Biden gave up on a deal withe Republicans and wrote an executive order. So Santa Joe whatever yhe fuck that means has ALREADY adjusted the Administration border policy, try to keep up

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-border-policy-fewer-migrants-released-into-u-s-or-screened-for-asylum/

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43558 on: September 11, 2024, 03:55:47 PM »

Im on the pavement

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43559 on: September 11, 2024, 04:12:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 2916