Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 13, 2019, 12:43:10 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: NHL  (Read 11359 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: NHL
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »

The Bruins dominated the play in the first period but were stymied by a hot goalie who "stood on his head".

It happens.

All the time.

The big play in that game was the 2nd goal on a brain-fart by Marchand with 10 seconds to go in the period.

The Blues, up 2-0, then played in a defensive shell for the next 40 minutes, protecting the lead, and frustrating the Bruins.

They won.

And the home team lost 5 of the 7 games in the series.

And troll you know shit about a game you probably did not watch and less about a game you never played.

But you are obssessed I'll give you that.

SSDD

Played in college. Know that teams who go into the corners win. Bruins were beaten there. Too scared, likely.

Sorry that you have to show once again that you can't handle valid criticisms of your team. Sad.

I've seen you criticise the Bruins for bitching about the refs, when it was the Blues coach who did that after Game 3, and successfully, and it changed the nature of the series. I've seen you rationalzie head-hunting, and then I've seen you accuse the league for fixing the series for the Bruins.

Troll you are a know-nothing idiot.

And in your latest bit  of idiocy you once again expose an utter lack of knowledge of the game and how to play it. Why woluld the Bruins chose to play an inheritantly physical style against a team that had a huge advantage in size? It would be playing to thei Blues strength. The Bruins had skill and speed and a better PP and PK as their advantages and they tried to leverage those advantages.

But they lost in Game 7 to a hot goalie who probably stole at least 3-4 goals from them.

But as you you didn't watch the series these facts escaped you.

And troll playing Nok-Hockey in jr college in your official Philly Flyer replica Dave Schultz T-shirt does not make you a hockey player.

heh
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:31:16 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »

Only posting because you asked for it, Joshie:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/unfortunately-bruins-was-stanley-cup-choke%3famp
If you see Marchand on the golf course, hand him a tissue from me, thanks!

Found ONE. Congratulations.

You remain irrational.

But if I see Marchand on a golf course, odder things than your becoming rational would have happened .
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 10:43:16 PM »

Still whining?

Sad.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 11:03:42 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »

Poor Joshie. Just can't handle the truth that his team choked. Can't kill the message? Try killing the messenger. Expect that from the weasel, but not the professor in the ivory tower.

Weaker than weak, Joshie.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2019, 08:07:17 PM »

Poor Joshie. Just can't handle the truth that his team choked. Can't kill the message? Try killing the messenger. Expect that from the weasel, but not the professor in the ivory tower.

Weaker than weak, Joshie.

::laughs::

You accuse me of still whining, but here you are, posting again and again. You know who choked? You have choked repeatedly. Almost every time you have a chance to be a decent human being, you choke, big time.

Have fun, Piggy.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »

Clearly, Joshie is still upset about his team blowing the Stanley Cup.

Heh

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/08/08/2020-nhl-playoffs-schedule-stanley-cup-qualifiers/

Let's go!

NHL GAMES TODAY
Round-robin: Avalanche vs. Golden Knights, 3 p.m. ET, NBC; livestream: Two of the hottest teams so far in these playoffs will face off for a chance to earn the top spot in the West. The winner of this matchup will earn the West’s #1 seed; the loser will be #2. Through two games, Vegas has scored 11 goals (by eight different players) while Colorado has allowed just one goal. Even without their regular season leading scorer Max Pacioretty (undisclosed), the Golden Knights have scored 11 goals in two round robin games. Seven have come in the third period. The Avs have been spreading the love on offense. Through two round robin games, each of Colorado’s six goals have been scored by a different player – two from defensemen (Cale Makar and Ryan Graves) and four from players in their first season with the Avalanche.

[NBC 2020 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF HUB]
Round-robin: Flyers vs. Lightning, 8 p.m. ET, NBC; livestream: The winner of this game will become the #1 seed in the East; the loser will be the second seed. The league’s best regular season offense (3.47 goals/game) has scored five goals in its first two games… and they’re without Steven Stamkos, who will not play against the Flyers after missing Tampa’s first two round robin games with a lower-body injury. He has been ruled out indefinitely. Carter Hart, who will turn 22 on Thursday, is expected to start after Brian Elliott got the nod in Philly’s last game vs Washington. Hart stopped 34 of 35 shots in their 4-1 win vs Boston last Sunday in his postseason debut, becoming the youngest Flyers goalie to win a playoff game.

Round-robin standings (ties broken by regular-season points percentage)
EAST
Lightning (2-0-0, 4 points)
Flyers (2-0-0, 4 points)
Capitals (0-1-1, 1 point)
Bruins (0-2-0, 0 points)

WEST
Avalanche (2-0-0, 4 points)
Golden Knights (2-0-0, 4 points)
Blues (0-2-0, 0 points)
Stars (0-2-0, 0 points)

SUNDAY‘S NHL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
Round-robin: Bruins vs. Capitals, 12 p.m. ET – NBCSN
Round-robin: Stars vs. Blues, 3 p.m. ET – NBC
Game 5: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs, 8 p.m. ET – NBCSN
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2020, 11:20:29 PM »

Double OT!! Flyers win!!! Going to Game 7. Saturday night!!!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2020, 11:42:09 AM »

The young Flyers lose to the better team, but they gain experience for next season. Good luck to Islanders v Tampa Bay.

Goaltender Carter Hart showed he has what it takes to keep his team in it. That means a lot, given his youth.

However, if the team goes 0-fer the 7-games series on their power play they don't deserve to advance in the Cup Finals.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2021, 11:05:48 PM »

nice to see 17,000 fans have fun in da Gahden after locking down for the pasta year.

speaking of pasta-Brunes served up a shit ton of pasta for the fans and Isles

Bruins 5-2

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2021, 11:08:21 PM »

nice to see 17,000 fans have fun in da Gahden after locking down for the pasta year.

speaking of pasta-Brunes served up a shit ton of pasta for the fans and Isles

Bruins 5-2

Habs scored a win in OT to force a game 7.

Did I see that that 5th goal in the Bruins' win came on a Power Play and an empty net?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »

Isles outplayed and outworked the Bs

congrats to the Isles

wait til, whenever...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5