Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 19, 2018, 10:34:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: World Series  (Voting closed: October 24, 2017, 11:59:40 PM)
Astros in 7 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 6 - 2 (50%)
Astros in 5 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 5 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 6 - 1 (25%)
Dodgers in 7 - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1321
  Print  
Author Topic: American League  (Read 104163 times)
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19335 on: February 16, 2018, 01:50:28 PM »

The Levinsons are being sued. Why? "lawsuit, which claims ACES has been providing MLB players with PEDs for decades, purports to have a signed affidavit from Kirk Radomski, who pleaded guilty to two such charges and was a major player in MLB’s Mitchell Report on PED usage a decade ago, and also goes into minute detail about the Levinsons’ alleged involvement with convicted drug dealer Anthony Bosch of Biogenesis, and how Sam Levinson introduced Cabrera, Nelson Cruz and other MLB players to Bosch and was aware that Bosch’s regimen for the players contained HGH, testosterone and performance-enhancing “gummies.”

The lawsuit, which also claims the Levinsons make “under-the-table” payments to clients, says the Levinsons’ mantra was to do “whatever it took,” even if it meant doing things in violation of the laws of the United States and the rules of MLB and the players union and that Nunez was “thrown under the bus to protect their own reputations” and made to take the fall for the harebrained schemes to try to fool MLB regarding Cabrera’s failed test. Those schemes, memorably, included, devising a phony website, which Nunez said was the idea of Seth Levinson, designed to fake out MLB into thinking Cabrera mistakenly took a PED after reading about it online rather than obtaining it from convicted drug dealer Anthony Bosch via Sam Levinson’s introduction.

The suit purports to have an affidavit signed by Radomski, baseball’s most famous past PED provider, saying he regularly provided ACES clients with PEDs, and lays out the explanation of the pickup and dropoff routine.

Reached by phone Monday night, Radomski said he was unaware of the Nunez lawsuit but said he provided such a signed affidavit for MLB when it investigated the Levinsons regarding the Cabrera case (the union wound up censuring the Levinsons, but no other action was taken at the time). Radomski also repeated the claim, saying, “I picked up money and checks from their office on Montague Street (in Brooklyn) when they paid for the PEDs.”

Radomski further stated that the Levinsons were fully aware of what he was providing the players, saying Sam Levinson was “in the room” many times when explanations were given for (such and such player, players names not mentioned here).” Radomski pleaded to two charges (he was given no jail time) but he pointed out that no one has ever challenged even one of his claims. “No one ever said I was full of (it) or sued me.”

There are a lot of big accusations in the document, one involving an under-the-table payment and many involving Bosch and Biogenesis, and it will be interesting to see whether Cabrera and/or Cruz, who also was banned for 50 games by MLB after his involvement with Biogenesis, will testify in the case. Neither is a client of the Levinsons anymore, as both left the agency following the tawdry episode involving Biogenesis.

ACES is one of the five biggest agencies in baseball, and has reputable big-time clients such as Jon Lester, David Wright, Dustin Pedroia and tens of others, most of whom have never been connected to PEDs or any sort of wrongdoing. But their successful recent recruitment of Rockies star Charlie Blackmon raised eyebrows throughout baseball, since their reputation has been fading in recent years due to the PED connections of a larger-than-normal number of players and their well-known heavy-handed tactics.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-bombshell-lawsuit-filed-against-levinson-brothers/

Surprised Yank didn't post this already.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19336 on: February 16, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »

Why? I don't care about that stuff.

The judge said "son what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't to have to die."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19337 on: February 16, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »

There are going to be many more Cubs fans as a result of this: https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/02/15/anthony-rizzo-florida-school-shooting-vigil

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19338 on: February 16, 2018, 02:50:36 PM »

Why? I don't care about that stuff.

Then you're not much of a sports fan, yank, if you don't care about the integrity of the game that you claim to know so much about.

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19339 on: February 16, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »

If you feel that trucking in that kind of stuff is a way of demonstrating a caring for a game, have at it.  And for the record, I don't claim to know so much about baseball, I merely claim that you don't.    
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:57:10 PM by yankguy » Logged

The judge said "son what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't to have to die."
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19340 on: February 16, 2018, 03:05:47 PM »

Freese verbalizes the plight of many a  losing team:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2018/02/16/david-freese-comments-pirates-offseason-culture-bradenton-spring-training/stories/201802160137

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19341 on: February 16, 2018, 05:33:02 PM »

If you feel that trucking in that kind of stuff is a way of demonstrating a caring for a game, have at it.  And for the record, I don't claim to know so much about baseball, I merely claim that you don't.    

"Trucking that kind of stuff" ?

WTF is wrong with you, yank? As for your two claims, I don't know how much you know about baseball, but admitting to knowing so little doesn't put you in a very good position to argue what someone else may know.

Stick to the parrot droppings you tend to foist on the political fora. At least there you're occasionally funny.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19342 on: February 16, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »

The Commission may have screwed up, to the benefit of the players:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/rob-manfred-might-have-just-made-a-mistake/

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19343 on: February 16, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »

WTF is wrong with you, yank? As for your two claims, I don't know how much you know about baseball, but admitting to knowing so little doesn't put you in a very good position to argue what someone else may know.

Stick to the parrot droppings you tend to foist on the political fora. At least there you're occasionally funny.

You can't even quote me correctly. It's because you're very, very stupid.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19344 on: February 19, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »

I guess down there in Owings Mills you're considered quite the intellectual, being so well-versed on the menu at Lenny's Delicatessen, right, khazer.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19345 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

Gammon puts on his Yankees knee-pads:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/peter-gammons-early-spring-look-at-aaron-boones-yankees/

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19346 on: February 19, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »

I guess down there in Owings Mills you're considered quite the intellectual, being so well-versed on the menu at Lenny's Delicatessen, right, khazer.
I like that place.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19347 on: February 19, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »

How's the cole slaw?
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19348 on: February 19, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »

Rumor has it that it's good. Not a cole slaw. Lenny's used to be a part Baltimore's "Corn Beef Row." Not sure it's there anymore, I never go to that part of Bmore. I go to the suburban one occasionally.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19349 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »

I'll look it up this summer.....

Gonna get back to Camden Yards for the first time since Rafael was there...
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1321
  Print  

Jump to: