- 1 (33.3%)
Houston in 6
- 0 (0%)
Houston in 7
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 23, 2019, 02:00:10 PM

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 178

Author Topic: American League  (Read 48980 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: American League
« Reply #2550 on: October 29, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »

Maybe, or that the Astros score early again, as they seem to do every game, and the home team holds on to finally win a game.

yep

I will project that if Strasburg goes NINE, Nats win. 
Wouldnt touch the game with real money - though the under 7.5 runs total looks appetizing
Trump has "set a standard" for presidents "that most mortals won't be able to meet. He out-works them, he out-thinks, he is remarkably resourceful, he's bright, his judgment is second to none."

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: October 29, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »

if Strasburg goes 9. the Nats win?

Thats a limb grown on a 500 year old Sequoia and could support a 5 bedroom 5 bath house with a swimming pool and tennis court in the back.

you should be very comfortable on that limb.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: October 29, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »

Who do you like to win the game?    ASTROS

Which starting pitcher will do well?     BOTH

Which bullpen more likely mucks it?     NATS

What else you need?

Trump has "set a standard" for presidents "that most mortals won't be able to meet. He out-works them, he out-thinks, he is remarkably resourceful, he's bright, his judgment is second to none."

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: October 29, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »

Thats a limb grown on a 500 year old Sequoia and could support a 5 bedroom 5 bath house with a swimming pool and tennis court in the back.

I wonder the last time a pitcher went 9 in a World Series Game without getting the win. Gibson in '68? Probably since then but I will wager not since the rise.of.the modern bull pen, and not in a National League park.
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: October 29, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »

Who do you like to win the game?    ASTROS

Which starting pitcher will do well?     BOTH

Which bullpen more likely mucks it?     NATS

What else you need?

A TV and I'm good to go.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: October 29, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »

I wonder the last time a pitcher went 9 in a World Series Game without getting the win. Gibson in '68? Probably since then but I will wager not since the rise.of.the modern bull pen, and not in a National League park.

Well, basically what I am saying is you have to be nuts - or up against a specific circumstance to take the guy out tonight

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 29, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »

Well, basically what I am saying is you have to be nuts - or up against a specific circumstance to take the guy out tonight

Torre pulled arguably the best pitcher of the modern era in the 4th inning in G7 '03 ALCS as he was having an offnigh  and was getting hit, and won the game.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 29, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

Yeah, CIRCUMSTANCE (pitch count) would have gotten Ol Rog by the sixth anyway.  He stunk.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: October 29, 2019, 07:49:29 PM »

Who pitched that game for BOS?  :)

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 29, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »

I understood that. That was a factual inquiry. I thought about Smoltz, but he only went into the 8th in 91 game 7.
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 29, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »

Yeah, CIRCUMSTANCE (pitch count) would have gotten Ol Rog by the sixth anyway.  He stunk.

The 6th?

If Ol "Rog stayed in for another batter there's a good chance that game might have been lost.

Too bad Ol' Grady wasn't taking notes on when to pull a starter who has shot his load.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 29, 2019, 07:58:22 PM »

I understood that. That was a factual inquiry. I thought about Smoltz, but he only went into the 8th in 91 game 7.

Glavine pitched a complete game loss but went only 8 innings in that same WS (G2).

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 29, 2019, 08:33:03 PM »

Astros got this first inning magic down pretty good

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 29, 2019, 10:25:31 PM »

JV can't get off the WS win schneid
now he needs to get bailed out to avoid L6

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: October 29, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »

Cant fault Martinez re:  Scherzer usage.  But I try to get 8 from Stras.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 178