Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 289834 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #3495 on: July 24, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »

Fauci went Nuke LaLoosh with that pitch, no one's going to be digging in on him.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 24, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »

Governor Baker is throwing out the first pitch tonight for the Red Sox.

No, no he isn't.

Yes, he is.

Well, he is one of the people involved in tonight's first pitch ceremony.

That's where it stands as of now.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 24, 2020, 01:37:54 PM »

I wonder if Biden has it in him to throw something resembling a strike from ~ 55-60" maybe the O's could ask him to drop by.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 24, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

I wonder if Biden has it in him to throw something resembling a strike from ~ 55-60" maybe the O's could ask him to drop by.

Except his team is Philadelphia, about 30 minutes from his Delaware home.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: July 24, 2020, 02:30:11 PM »

Didn't know Joe was a Phillies fan-maybe they can get him out of the basement and grab a little fresh air.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 24, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »

Didn't know Joe was a Phillies fan-maybe they can get him out of the basement and grab a little fresh air.

His wife is. I don't think he cares much more than any other pol. As for getting out of the basement, much of my youth was watching to see if that team could actually get out of the basement.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 24, 2020, 05:55:53 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 24, 2020, 05:56:35 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: July 24, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »

Well...they're catchers. They catch things!

https://sports.yahoo.com/braves-lose-both-their-catchers-hours-before-opening-day-because-of-coronavirus-symptoms-163005338.html

Braves lose both their catchers hours before opening day because of coronavirus symptoms.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 24, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »

Well...they're catchers. They catch things!

https://sports.yahoo.com/braves-lose-both-their-catchers-hours-before-opening-day-because-of-coronavirus-symptoms-163005338.html

Braves lose both their catchers hours before opening day because of coronavirus symptoms.

Wishing them a speedy recovery with no complications or people who caught it from them.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 24, 2020, 11:45:44 PM »

A satisfying start for the Red Sox, if not for the O's.

And may Buffalo prove a good home for the Blue Jays this season, despite the challenges.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 25, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/indians-wear-road-uniforms-with-cleveland-on-the-chest-on-opening-day-as-team-name-discussions-continue

The Cleveland Indians hosted their Opening Day game against the Kansas City Royals on Thursday. Beyond the lack of crowd, there was one other noticeable change going on in Cleveland's ball park: the home team was wearing their road uniforms.

This change was a conscious decision that the team made in support of those pushing for the ball club to go away from the team's current name, the Indians. Team owner Paul Dolan met with manager Terry Francona this week to discuss the potential change.

Cleveland's road uniforms have a dark blue top with the block letters "Cleveland" across the chest in red. In contrast, the home uniforms have white tops, and the block letters say "Indians."

It seems the "Indians" have played their last game.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 26, 2020, 09:29:18 AM »

Watching the post home-run virtual high fives in the dugout is amusing. Also, it's great to hear the players yelling to each other on plays in the field.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/marlins-vs-phillies/2020/07/25/631108#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=631108

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 26, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/indians-wear-road-uniforms-with-cleveland-on-the-chest-on-opening-day-as-team-name-discussions-continue

The Cleveland Indians hosted their Opening Day game against the Kansas City Royals on Thursday. Beyond the lack of crowd, there was one other noticeable change going on in Cleveland's ball park: the home team was wearing their road uniforms.

This change was a conscious decision that the team made in support of those pushing for the ball club to go away from the team's current name, the Indians. Team owner Paul Dolan met with manager Terry Francona this week to discuss the potential change.

Cleveland's road uniforms have a dark blue top with the block letters "Cleveland" across the chest in red. In contrast, the home uniforms have white tops, and the block letters say "Indians."

It seems the "Indians" have played their last game.

So far, MLB players are showing a pretty united front on the BLM issues.

Now, if the players on Cleveland start adding a little spider emblem to their socks...
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 469