Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 289022 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4125 on: January 26, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »

Even with Nightengale's impassioned defense of his idiocy, it remains mind-boggling that somebody actually thought LaTroy Hawkins worthy of Hall of Fame admission.

He's no Jamie Moyer!

Well, he has 53 fewer wins than Moyer.

And Moyer never used Heinz 57 on his socks, either.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: January 26, 2021, 10:29:21 PM »

Is that a real book?

If so I will check it out
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: January 27, 2021, 11:16:28 AM »

Is that a real book?

If so I will check it out

Yes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: January 27, 2021, 11:21:42 AM »

Realmuto stays in Philly. Richest catcher ever?

The Philadelphia Phillies have retained arguably their most important player. The Phillies and catcher J.T. Realmuto have agreed to a five-year contract worth $115.5 million, CBS Sports HQ analyst Jim Bowden confirmed Tuesday. The deal is pending a physical and the team has not yet confirmed the signing.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/phillies-re-sign-j-t-realmuto-to-five-year-deal-worth-115-5-million/

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: January 27, 2021, 11:23:35 AM »

Realmuto gets the Bernie Williams "No way he is worth the cash in year 5" deal.

Good team, I suppose.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: January 27, 2021, 11:43:39 AM »

Great division.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: January 27, 2021, 11:48:25 AM »

Adolph Schilling has asked the BBWA to remove his name from the ballot for the HoF next year. Given that two plahers who are obviously paper qualified to have been first ballot Hallcof Famers cannot get over the bump due to PED allegations,.and that the two best qualified additions to next year's ballots are also PED tainted, will we go two years on a row without the writers electing anyone to the Hall?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: January 27, 2021, 11:50:50 AM »

Adolph Schilling has asked the BBWA to remove his name from the ballot for the HoF next year. Given that two plahers who are obviously paper qualified to have been first ballot Hallcof Famers cannot get over the bump due to PED allegations,.and that the two best qualified additions to next year's ballots are also PED tainted, will we go two years on a row without the writers electing anyone to the Hall?

Not if they look more carefully at Jamie Moyer's records.

Seriously, Scott Rolen is a HOFer.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: January 27, 2021, 11:56:56 AM »

Maybe, but he's not getting in next year. Nor is Omar, even if he stops beating his wife.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: January 27, 2021, 12:24:03 PM »

Maybe, but he's not getting in next year. Nor is Omar, even if he stops beating his wife.

Rolen strikes me as another HoVG guy.

Did people really think he was a Schmidt, Brooks, Boggs Chipper, Molitor 3rd baseman or close to HoF when he played.

as for Omar-I think his superb fielding and what did he have 2800 hits should be his ticket in

and

he was overshadowed by the new breed of slugging SS-ARod, Nomar, Jeter and Miggy that dominated the AL during his career.

and

I'm not testifying to his character, nor his ex's, but I might take an ex's unproven accusations, which he denied, with a grain of salt.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: January 27, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »

This is the wrong zeitgeist for.that kind of accusation.

And as much as he was 99-100000030709339 of my favorite players, Omar's 2800 career hits is a Moyerish qualification. He was comparatively better in his prime than Moyer was, though.

So my fat thumb hit 9 instead of o and autocorrect gave me 99-100000030709339 as an option, when I meant "one", just from a 9. Why? Is that a common number to have typed? I don't think I have ever typed that, let alone typed it enough to be, like my frequent typo tbe, a learned option. So it must be the program itself.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: January 27, 2021, 01:19:24 PM »

This is the wrong zeitgeist for.that kind of accusation.

And as much as he was 99-100000030709339 of my favorite players, Omar's 2800 career hits is a Moyerish qualification. He was comparatively better in his prime than Moyer was, though.

So my fat thumb hit 9 instead of o and autocorrect gave me 99-100000030709339 as an option, when I meant "one", just from a 9. Why? Is that a common number to have typed? I don't think I have ever typed that, let alone typed it enough to be, like my frequent typo tbe, a learned option. So it must be the program itself.

My case for Omar is similiar to the case for Ozzie Smith, I think Omar's fielding was special enough, that on almost a standalone basis, warrants a plaque in HoF.

And while playing forever led to compiling hits, during his prime he was a .275-.290 hitter,

Moyer had longevity and wins, but was never considered anywhere near the best at what he did.

I think Omar was.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: January 27, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »

No

I think cooler heads will prevail and Schill gets in next year.

And he won't be alone.

I think some voters knew Jeter and company would be up there this year which made it easier to be a NO vote on Curt

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:26 PM »

Has Schilling made comments that reek of antiSemitism?  I missed that.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 469