Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 286166 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #3420 on: July 06, 2020, 03:13:36 PM »

The Cleveland Fame is another twist on the RnR HoF theme.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: July 06, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: July 06, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »

The Cleveland Newmen

they had to retire the old man and well,

Burn on Big River, burn on...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 06, 2020, 03:52:11 PM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/05/sports/terry-francona-comes-out-favor-dropping-indians-name/?event=event12

CLEVELAND — Cleveland manager Terry Francona won’t sidestep the hot-button topic any longer. He believes the Indians need to change their contentious nickname.

“I think it's time to move forward,” Francona said Sunday.

I like the Cleveland Fellers, it recalls a storied player, an all-time great, but might be viewed as excluding the gals.

Cleveland Rocks would tie Cleveland's famous Hall of Fame and famed slugger Rocky Colavito, but Colorado might get pissed.

The Cleveland Harders might make a few fans happy, but some could pervert it and the logo might present an issue.

How about Cleveland Steamers, an ode to the city and region's industrial past and chest-thumping pride?
I own the copyright on Cleveland Harders.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: July 06, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/05/sports/terry-francona-comes-out-favor-dropping-indians-name/?event=event12

CLEVELAND — Cleveland manager Terry Francona won’t sidestep the hot-button topic any longer. He believes the Indians need to change their contentious nickname.

“I think it's time to move forward,” Francona said Sunday.

I like the Cleveland Fellers, it recalls a storied player, an all-time great, but might be viewed as excluding the gals.

Cleveland Rocks would tie Cleveland's famous Hall of Fame and famed slugger Rocky Colavito, but Colorado might get pissed.

The Cleveland Harders might make a few fans happy, but some could pervert it and the logo might present an issue.

How about Cleveland Steamers, an ode to the city and region's industrial past and chest-thumping pride?
I own the copyright on Cleveland Harders.

The Harders could be a great name

Make them an offer they can't refuse,

or they might consider the Cleveland Lemons

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: July 06, 2020, 04:33:23 PM »

Cleveland Spiders 2.0v.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: July 06, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

And I AM not alone in wanting that name.

https://thespun.com/more/mlb/cleveland-spiders-nickname-change-idea

They could also be the Spidermen!!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 07, 2020, 03:18:38 AM »

And I AM not alone in wanting that name.

https://thespun.com/more/mlb/cleveland-spiders-nickname-change-idea

They could also be the Spidermen!!

That would increase their presence on the Web...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: July 07, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »

SPEAKERS is the name that makes sense.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: July 07, 2020, 04:50:35 PM »

the 40 games against their AL East foes -- 10 games each --will not be evenly split. For example, the Sox will play the Yankees in New York seven times and the Rays in Florida six times. Conversely, Toronto will visit Fenway seven times and the Orioles will be here for six games.

What's with that?!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 07, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »

the 40 games against their AL East foes -- 10 games each --will not be evenly split. For example, the Sox will play the Yankees in New York seven times and the Rays in Florida six times. Conversely, Toronto will visit Fenway seven times and the Orioles will be here for six games.

What's with that?!

It would have been too simple to schedule the 4 division rivals 5H 5A for 40 games
and the other league disvision (NL E in this case)  5 teams      2H 2A for 20 games.

Not that its going to matter, but the Sox play the Ys 7 times in NY before their first series against them in late Sept

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 07, 2020, 05:56:27 PM »

What's with that?!

It would have been too simple to schedule the 4 division rivals 5H 5A for 40 games
and the other league disvision (NL E in this case)  5 teams      2H 2A for 20 games.

Not that its going to matter, but the Sox play the Ys 7 times in NY before their first series against them in late Sept

And 7 times in NY and 3 times at Fenway.

It makes no sense.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 07, 2020, 06:14:05 PM »

What's with that?!

It makes no sense.

Agreed.

I heard on talk radio (so take it with a big grain of whatever) the imbalance was to reduce travel.

no idea if its true

Intuitively it seems unfair on its face.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: July 07, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »

What's with that?!

It makes no sense.

Agreed.

I heard on talk radio (so take it with a big grain of whatever) the imbalance was to reduce travel.

no idea if its true

Intuitively it seems unfair on its face.

So many ways to "reduce travel" that are at least as effective as that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 07, 2020, 08:00:38 PM »

What's with that?!

It makes no sense.

Waaaahhhh!!!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 469