Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282296 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #3450 on: July 16, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »

A-Rod, bidding for Mets, wants players to accept cap system

NEW YORK (AP) — Alex Rodriguez, among four groups of bidders for a possible purchase of the New York Mets, called for baseball players accept the type of revenue-sharing system that is tied to a salary cap and sparked quick opposition from the union.

Following the collapse of labor talks dealing with the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic, relations between Major League Baseball and the players’ association are at the lowest point in a quarter-century. The sides appear headed to a spring training lockout in 2022.

Preparing for the start of his third season as an analyst on ESPN’s Sunday night telecasts, Rodriguez said baseball players’ leverage had changed since they fought off the owners’ salary-cap proposal with a 7 1/2-month strike in 1994-95. He said the rise of the NFL and NBA had changed the equation along with digital media, and said the players’ association should work collaboratively with MLB to raise the sport’s market share.

https://apnews.com/962489d56d0a4b8c0feed2157013f199

ESPN has a problem.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 16, 2020, 09:30:39 PM »

Fucking hilarious.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 16, 2020, 10:49:37 PM »

Fucking hilarious.

Sounds like he would fit right in with the owners group, though!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 18, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »

Canada will not allow Blue Jays to play regular season games in Toronto due to pandemic

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 21, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »

Several S.F. Giants players and coaches -- including manager Gabe Kapler -- knelt for the national anthem Monday ... and Donald Trump took aim at them afterward, calling it all a "great disrespect."

"Looking forward to live sports," Trump said, "but any time I witness a player kneeling during the National Anthem, a sign of great disrespect for our Country and our Flag, the game is over for me!"
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 21, 2020, 01:29:34 PM »

Several S.F. Giants players and coaches -- including manager Gabe Kapler -- knelt for the national anthem Monday ... and Donald Trump took aim at them afterward, calling it all a "great disrespect."

"Looking forward to live sports," Trump said, "but any time I witness a player kneeling during the National Anthem, a sign of great disrespect for our Country and our Flag, the game is over for me!"

I thought seeing the players and staff kneeling was a sign of great respect. And I suspect that if Trump is true to his word (which is a questionable assumption, to say the least), he will be watching a lot fewer games on TV this year going forward than usual.

This might in an ordinary person result in more work. No chance here. More mischief, I expect.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 21, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »

Not so sure Trump watches much baseball

Looking forward to FAUCI tossing out the first pitch

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 21, 2020, 04:18:06 PM »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900985-mlb-will-allow-fans-to-use-app-to-influence-crowd-noise-from-home-during-games

Fans will have the opportunity to boo the Houston Astros during the 2020 Major League Baseball season after all.

As Darren Rovell of Action Network shared, the league will incorporate how many fans are using its app and cheering or booing a specific team into the piped in crowd noise it will use in empty stadiums amid the COVID-19 pandemic...

Yes, but how do we throw batteries at Jose Altuve'?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 21, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »

Not so sure Trump watches much baseball

Looking forward to FAUCI tossing out the first pitch

Saw that bit, at a minimum.

Maybe if he had had a team in the USLB he would have more interest. The New Jersey Blimps or something.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 21, 2020, 08:52:37 PM »

There's an MLB "summer camp" game on television!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 22, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »

Jays to play in Pittsburgh, pending local approval.

If Toronto stays homeless, it kills the league.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEC9bOsXfs9bTUJvHfAgsB_QqFwgEKg8IACoHCAowhujNATCy4ycwm65P?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: July 22, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »

Perhaps if the Jays play in Pitt, they should call themselves Grays as homage to a former Pitt-based ball club.

In other news rumors building LAD and Mookie doing something big.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/07/22/report-mookie-betts-closing-in-on-monster-extension-with-the-dodgers/

Boston radio station WEEI and Lou Merloni are reporting that Mookie Betts, one of the biggest stars in the game, will not hit free agency this offseason as expected, and will re-up with the Dodgers on a 10-year deal worth something in the $350 to $400 million range “within the next couple days.”
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 469